Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Second Captains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Beersmith

They explained recently that the line broke up a bit when Ken was mentioning Rafa at the end of the story. So Mark decided to leave that part off the audio bed.

Speaking of Rafa; I assume he has an exclusivity clause written into his contract with the Athletic? I can't recall hearing him on any podcast since he moved to the Athletic.

He was on FW on this week. He was on SC not so long ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Beersmith wrote: »
    He was on FW on this week. He was on SC not so long ago too.

I can't remember him being on SC for German football coverage in a long time. They've covered it a bit during the lockdown and he hasn't been a contributor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

He obviously does. The lads could/would be putting out more relevant content if they didn't have him farting out his 'whimsy' every day to beef up their offering. They used to do 2 shows on a Monday and a Thursday for instance. Now it's one, with DOD thrown in. Not much use for people who don't like him.

More content does not mean more quality. Try tuning into OTB AM any morning around 8am and listen to them try and fill time.

healy1835 wrote: »
    More content does not mean more quality. Try tuning into OTB AM any morning around 8am and listen to them try and fill time.

Isn't that what's known as a normal morning on OTB AM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I can't remember him being on SC for German football coverage in a long time. They've covered it a bit during the lockdown and he hasn't been a contributor.

February 6th seems to be his last appearance. Never a super regular contributor in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Isn't that what's known as a normal morning on OTB AM?

SC would be the same and were when they were on the air for 15 hours a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ah, yeah, but they're more interesting people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,680 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Cienciano wrote: »
    DOD was talking shíte, Romantica is far superior

Ten fcuking euro for a Romantica in my local Spar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

OTB AM is not within an asses roar of OTB when the lads were on every evening. There's no comparison.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Ten fcuking euro for a Romantica in my local Spar.

If it’s anything like my local Spar that means it’s probably €4 in a proper shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,680 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

If it’s anything like my local Spar that means it’s probably €4 in a proper shop.

The girl on the checkout couldn't believe it either when she scanned it.
    She called over her supervisor to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Pretty sure these used to cost £3 back in the day - cant say I ever had the financial confidence to buy one..

Live in the uk now and a vienetta is £1 in asda. Like free money that!! (Based on last fridays podcast the germans must be paying for it!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Rafa on todays show discussing the game last night

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭andrea1983

He obviously does. The lads could/would be putting out more relevant content if they didn't have him farting out his 'whimsy' every day to beef up their offering. They used to do 2 shows on a Monday and a Thursday for instance. Now it's one, with DOD thrown in. Not much use for people who don't like him.

the absolute state of this.

literally getting world class content for free and still moaning about it :rolleyes:

Ken's interview with Mathew Klein recently was also genuinely brilliant. Bit of a polymath is young Ken.

Rafa on todays show discussing the game last night

Good stuff.

Hi, lads *wave*

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Brian Kerr was brilliant yesterday, wouldn't have cared if they didn't even mention the book, vaguely knew his father was into boxing, was great to get a bit of context, his enthusiastic reading of passages from the book was nearly worth this months fee alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭al87987

Yeah, you gotta love Brian Kerr. His passion and enthusiasm always shine through, he's a great listen.

Shame how it all went with the FAI for him, think he could have been a great Ireland manager.

Brian Kerr was brilliant yesterday, wouldn't have cared if they didn't even mention the book, vaguely knew his father was into boxing, was great to get a bit of context, his enthusiastic reading of passages from the book was nearly worth this months fee alone.

First time they've had a guest on that you could get a sense of the book they were talking about.

Compare that to the Shane Hogan interview.

Good stuff.

Hi, lads *wave*

We're the plebs, it's only the twitter folks and the e-mailers that get their attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭al87987

Tim Vickery with another excellent Brazilian update, this one over on OTB.

• Advertisement

al87987 wrote: »
    Tim Vickery with another excellent Brazilian update, this one over on OTB.

The is the SC thread though?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

Yeah Kerr is a delight to listen to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭deisedude

The interview with Victoria Arien was incredible. Unbelievable what she went through

Who is she? When it got to the weekend I skipped a few, and seen Michael Chieka in a description.

Who is she? When it got to the weekend I skipped a few, and seen Michael Chieka in a description.

She's a paralympic gold medallist. She spent years living with locked in syndrome.

How she didn't go crazy was amazing. Her attitude and positivity was pretty incredible.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'll be bitterly disappointed if we never get a showdown between Ken and Lance Armstrong at some point.

Arghus wrote: »
    She's a paralympic gold medallist. She spent years living with locked in syndrome.

How she didn't go crazy was amazing. Her attitude and positivity was pretty incredible.

Which episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭deisedude

Which episode?

Friday, stuff about Lance Armstrong and premier league at the start of the pod

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The George Gibney podcast series they're doing got BBC (is it just Mark?) has been deferred until August:

https://twitter.com/SecondCaptains/status/1267497657418858496

• Advertisement

Finally got around to Googling his name, never heard of him before. One to give a miss anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement