Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

fishing stands

• 14-05-2020 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭

Just wondering are there much fishing stands around the country rotting and dangerous? In the area I live waterways Ireland have let them rot away and not replaced them. for example they erected new stands on my local lake around 1995, these stands have been in a dangerous state since around 2014. I rang inland waterways about them twice maybe in 2014 and 2015 but nothing was done about them.

you would think it might be helpful to tourism for the country and also you could see someone putting in a claim if they got hurt on these stands.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Waterways Ireland may not be responsible for that lake.
    What lake is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Waterways Ireland may not be responsible for that lake.
    What lake is it?

its a lake in Roscommon. who would be responsible for lakes in that area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

without knowing the name of the lake, its hard to say , PM me if you'd prefer not to give the name here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

It probably falls under Inland Fisheries Ireland. Do anglers still use the stands? During the recession, IFI had zero money to replace or repair stands, so if any stand was reported as dangerous, it just got ripped out. Some were eventually replaced, but they could only accommodate a smaller number of anglers.

It probably falls under Inland Fisheries Ireland. Do anglers still use the stands? During the recession, IFI had zero money to replace or repair stands, so if any stand was reported as dangerous, it just got ripped out. Some were eventually replaced, but they could only accommodate a smaller number of anglers.

I see people still fishing at the lake. In the past there was about 5 or 6 stands you could use,the last time i was there, there was only 1 that you could safely use,

• Advertisement

I checked the stands last night. there is one small stand that is safe to use but it isn't in a great spot. The other two are in a very dangerous state, they really should be broken up before someone is hurt by walking on them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Please get onto IFI and let them know about it. If they are dangerous they need to be replaced ASAP.

Advertisement