Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunstroke 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Penfailed

From Twitter...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Penfailed wrote: »
    From Twitter...

Same on Facebook :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Just got the email from ticketmaster... at least they are refunding this one

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

in-any-way.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

If we all ask nicely, do you think they'll put Rage on 2021? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Question a guy asked on FB which intrigues me, he had won tickets and asked if he could use them for next year, didnt see any answer.

I doubt he'll be allowed to as they were all promo's for this year and next years festival will have it's own promo tickets, hardly likely to give 2 sets out

scudzilla wrote: »
    Question a guy asked on FB which intrigues me, he had won tickets and asked if he could use them for next year, didnt see any answer.

I doubt he'll be allowed to as they were all promo's for this year and next years festival will have it's own promo tickets, hardly likely to give 2 sets out

Id say they cant say for definite it will be back in 2021 (due to experts saying we wont see mass gatherings till autumn next year). If they cant do a festival next year id love for them to do an indoor one at the 3Arena over 2 days or use the RDS(like POD did for Metropolis) later in the year, then in 2022 return it with a full festival

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Zwillinge wrote: »
    If we all ask nicely, do you think they'll put Rage on 2021? :D

Nope they'll play EP 2021 I'd imagine. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

scudzilla wrote: »

Being labelled cancelled and with refunds being issued an all suggests 2020 tickets of any description would be void. I'm sure the decision to take this action is on the basis a 2021 event is very much up in the air. No harm messaging the competition runner and chance if an alternative isn't out of the question I guess.

I won tickets to the double O for January '19, when it first got rescheduled they sent an email saying something along the lines of they'd be in contact which was great but after another rescheduling nothing, can't blame them was looking likely he won't make gig even before any Pandemic threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Regenerate

Has anyone heard anything about getting a refund if you bought it from a ticketmaster shop? I bought mine Jervis Street and obviously can't go there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Nope they'll play EP 2021 I'd imagine. :)

Or hopefully their own headline show...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

pretty sure my refund just came through there. bought on ticketmaster.ie in the presale

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Yep, just got my refund too.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Got a refund to the ticketmaster gift card I used to purchase them.
    This has an expiry date in November and this hasn't been pushed out by the refund which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

bkrangle wrote: »
    Got a refund to the ticketmaster gift card I used to purchase them.
    This has an expiry date in November and this hasn't been pushed out by the refund which is a pity.

I had used a combination of vouchers and credit card payment and received it all back to my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

refund payment received on credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Regenerate wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about getting a refund if you bought it from a ticketmaster shop? I bought mine Jervis Street and obviously can't go there now.

Just hang on to them until they reopen and they'll refund them then

Faith No More have rescheduled their European tour...nothing for Ireland :(

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

There are still big gaps in their European tour dates which means more concerts will be announced so keep positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Peter File wrote: »
    There are still big gaps in their European tour dates which means more concerts will be announced so keep positive!

Sunstroke may also have them booked in for next year most of those gaps would be festival dates if image

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I think download fest is a weekend earlier so next year, so would expect them to be playing here before the first uk date

If Sunstroke goes ahead next year and follows suit with being the same weekend as Download which is on a bank holiday i wonder would they look at doing a 3 day festival? Friday-Sunday and then go home on the Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Shouldn't the date be changed to 2021 now. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Shouldn't the date be changed to 2021 now. :)

I'd hope they're just working on ensuring confirmed bands for this year would be available. Also, as it was on same weekend as Download this year, which has moved to the first weekend in June to suit a bands schedule, it may throw up some problems for this (is said band playing that weekend in Ireland too, could having this on a bank holiday weekend be positive or negative, etc).

Would be disappointed to see it not happen though, it seems ticket sales were promising enough

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭thebronze14

Peter File wrote: »
    Hope so. Have never seen them and they are the band I most want to see! European dates announced for next year don't suit me

Ah look at the weather we would have gotten for this so far :(

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Ah look at the weather we would have gotten for this so far :(

Ye are lucky thunder and lightning in Cork, hopefully gets arranged for next year though.was to be going to Maiden and Rammstein next week also, wipeout of a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

weather was good up in dublin today, sun even came out this evening for a bit, thinks it to be a different story amarach...

Gutted :(

• Advertisement

Yea in Kildare its been a lovely day all day. I just listened to my Sunstroke playlist as i drank the night away ha

Advertisement