Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

COVID 19 - LGBTQ Information and resources

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

The demand in the boards.ie help desk to delete this entire thread is completely absurd.

Seriously? Sadcases.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,764 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Seriously? Sadcases.

As I said its just information and resources so I will keep updating the opening post if there is relevent stuff to go in.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It will affect LGBT people the same as anyone else.
    No need for any distinction.

I will say the comments below a story on the journal about pride being postponed....makes me realise how much homophobia still exists in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

It's far from hysterical. It is absolutely apparent that many people within your "community" as well as people outside your "community" find that separate guidelines based on your sexuality are an insult to people who have fought for their sexuality to be normalised and not separate to what is considered typical.

In the midst of a pandemic, when people should be united together, it was a tone deaf thread to start.

Any particular reason why you've twice chosen to put quotation marks around the word community?

I disagree, I do find it quite hysterical.

People are entitled to their opinions, I just havn't seen a compelling argument for those opinions presented by anyone in this thread. Mainly platitudes about "us vs them" and "dividing people".

I see no reason why statistically backed information on a potential increased risk to a group of people, posted mostly in media focused towards that very group of people, is somehow going to inspire a hostile attitude towards said group of people or take away from the pulling together of the general population during this difficult time.

The purpose of the thread is for information and resources. That's all. Nothing else.

We won't be deleting it as per the absurd request to do so.

On that basis I will close this and update the original post from time to time with other relevant items.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

GCN has a Facebook live discussion of interest tomorrow on the GCN Facebook page at 7pm

As part of GCN's In And Out Digital Festival of LGBT+ Creativity, we present the unmissable talk - LGBT+ Sex in the COVID Era

All of the amazing events during the Festival will be live-streamed from Facebook directly into your homes, so keep an eye on GCN’s FB page.

Sarah Gilligan, psychotherapist and counsellor, and Adam Shanley, the manager of the MPOWER Programme at HIV Ireland, will share an essential discussion on LGBT+ sex during the COVID-19 pandemic. How can we stay safe, how can we express ourselves, and what impact will it have on our emotional, mental and physical health - all these topics and more will be covered.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Just seen this now. It’s recorded in their FB page so I’ll definately watch back on it

Advertisement