Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 General Motorsport thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

O'Ward & Tveter on their F2 debuts only a couple of tenths away from their teammates. And along with the returning Maini all three were 8 tenths quicker than Calderon who qualified last, her teammate was 1.9 seconds quicker and starts on the front row. :pac:

Just watching the F2 sprint race from Hungary. Great to see Mick Schumacher get his first win in the series, lead from start to finish.

The stand out thing was the huge cheer from the crowd, there was audible rounds of applause on his in lap after the chequered flag. Not very typical for an F2 race

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://twitter.com/FIA_F2/status/1157963193140023297

A Schumacher winning...great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I see Arden are departing Formula 2 and HWA are joining it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

Lads if anyone has a vr headset capable of running Bigscreen,
    Oculus Go, Quest of any PCVR headsets I'm thinking of hosting a vr watch party of live Motorsport events soon.

Keep your eyes peeled on this thread:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111617993

Don't forget to follow the thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Doge wrote: »
    Lads if anyone has a vr headset capable of running Bigscreen,
    Oculus Go, Quest of any PCVR headsets I'm thinking of hosting s vr watch party of Motorsport events soon.

Keep your eyes peeled on this thread:

Tangent point, friend of my nephew brought over a PlayStation VR headset and I set it up on my PS4 to have a go at Gran Turismo Sport VR mode. In particular I wanted to see what driving a Super Formula car was like as it's the only one with a Halo on the game. Normal mode it's quite annoying but actually on VR it's actually not that bad at all, it's quite easy to see around the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

flazio wrote: »
    Tangent point, friend of my nephew brought over a PlayStation VR headset and I set it up on my PS4 to have a go at Gran Turismo Sport VR mode. In particular I wanted to see what driving a Super Formula car was like as it's the only one with a Halo on the game. Normal mode it's quite annoying but actually on VR it's actually not that bad at all, it's quite easy to see around the thing.

The resolution is pretty poor in GT Sport on the normal PS4 due to the hardware limitations.

But on pc it's great. I picked up the Go 2nd hand on eBay for £120.
    They're well worth it and it was the 64gb version.

The Macau GP was on this morning, decent enough race. This was the first race there with the new F3 cars, speeds were mental on such a tight twisty circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

A new documentary there on Netflix, Uppity, with Willy T Ribbs and his rise in a racing career and attempt to qualify for the Indy 500.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5862338/

It's a decent watch. He's got a bit of an attitude, but hey, what racing driver doesn't.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement