Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone tried betfair trading?

• 02-02-2020 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭

I see a book on it on Amazon and was wondering if it was worth my while having a look at

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,931 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Yes

Trading is simply making a bet and cashing out of it at a certain exit point to either be guaranteed a profit or incur a loss less than you would have if you stayed to the end.

People make a lot of money trading on Betfair but they also spend a lot of time working on it.
    There is no get rich quick strategy.

There are loads of online resources for trading like Sports Trading Life etc

Their YouTube videos are well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Yes

Trading is simply making a bet and cashing out of it at a certain exit point to either be guaranteed a profit or incur a loss less than you would have if you stayed to the end.

People make a lot of money trading on Betfair but they also spend a lot of time working on it.
    There is no get rich quick strategy.

There are loads of online resources for trading like Sports Trading Life etc

Their YouTube videos are well worth a look.

There's a highly rated book by caan berry on Amazon - would that be a good start?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,931 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I've seen the name Caan Berry on various websites etc related to trading, I believe they are one of the authorities on the practice so I'd say their books are fairly good.

But before that have a look at the Sports Trading Life videos to get an idea about what it's all about.

I've tried it over the last few years, almost exclusively on tennis and with very low stakes, just to try and find some sort of strategy that might work, I've made some small money but I don't have the time to put more effort in.
    Plus you need discipline.
    You need to stick to a strategy long term and be willing to accept losses, and not deviate from it to try and recover losses.

Advertisement