Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hip Hop Releases 2019

1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The Griselda album is coming on Friday as well.

I really like Action Bronsons new one. Alchemists production is evolving nicely, he's climbing my top producers lists at the moment with his latest efforts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

T. Hanks^ wrote: »
    Very odd choice alright. Not sure what the message is by The Game is mad so who knows :P
    I think it's that the pregnant women will give birth in the studio and they'll come out rapping....of course with enough booze and weed to fuel the newborn session

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

How have I not listened to Roc Mariano before? Love the production, proper East coast sounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

peteeeed wrote: »

Really sad we’ve lost another young artist. I initially got into him when he released Legends, a song dedicated to Lil Peep and Xxxtentacion.

“What’s the 27 club? We ain’t making it passed 21.”

He only turned 21 on Monday. RIP Juice x

How have I not listened to Roc Mariano before? Love the production, proper East coast sounds

Huge back catalogue as well. If you like him, you'll like a rapper called Ka.
    They have a bunch of songs together as well

Boom_Bap wrote: »

i know KA , the fire chief :)
    loved the Hermit and the Recluse album last year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Best new artist of the last few years.

Was only just gone 21. Real shame he had a few great albums to come.

Death Race was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

So what do ye all think of the "Born 2 Rap" album?
    I'm listening to it now halfway into it, enjoying it so far, but like most rappers, it's a far way off from his first or second albums.
    Listened through.. not great at all. I was expecting better from the game. Carmen electra was good & I thought it was gonna kick on from there, but it didn't, for me anyway.

• Advertisement

so i guess its time for peoples top albums of the year
    what are they everybody?
    i'm getting my list together

Boom_Bap wrote: »

working my way through the albums , love the production

So what do ye all think of the "Born 2 Rap" album?
    I'm listening to it now halfway into it, enjoying it so far, but like most rappers, it's a far way off from his first or second albums.
    Listened through.. not great at all. I was expecting better from the game. Carmen electra was good & I thought it was gonna kick on from there, but it didn't, for me anyway.

He was never my cup of tea, but gave the album a chance. Couldn't really get into it.
    so i guess its time for peoples top albums of the year
    what are they everybody?
    i'm getting my list together

Benny The Butcher
    Gibbs X Madlib
    Griselda
    Lazerbeak - Luther
    Malibu Ken
    L'Orange X JJ

That's just off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭waynescales1

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

Bandana & One Of The Best Yet were among my favorites this year

Biggest Disappointment was YG - 4 Real 4 Real

Sleeper hit / Underrated was CMW - Gangsta Bizzness

I've not listened to enough of Born 2 Rap to decide, some very good tracks on it but also filler tracks which I don't like.
    Wish this one had more focus like Documentary 2.

My Albums of the year
    Danny brown : uknowhatimsaying
    Denzel curry : ZUU
    Mike: tears of joy
    Rapsody- eve
    Freddie gibbs & madlib- bandana
    Little simz - grey area
    Murs - The Iliad is Dead and The Odyssey is Over
    Tyler, The Creator-Igor
    Kaytranada- bubba
    JPEGMAFIA-All My Heroes Are Cornballs

Was listening to Eve by Rapsody again today, that's defo on the year end list.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

New thread?

T. Hanks^ wrote: »
    New thread?

Mick jenkins has an album out in 3 days, new thread needed :)

Advertisement