Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing Film Reviews and Cool Vids

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

Can anyone post some videos they like from films through to shorts

the London Surf Film festival has some great ones
    Michael Kew on Vimeo, Morgan Maasen, the new Ryan Lovelace looks good.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Some go-pro footage from mundaka: http://vimeo.com/83968390

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Surfwise.

Its a doumentary about the Paskowitz family. Basically a guy and his wife decide to live their whole life out of a camper van and just surf, they have 9 kids who are all raised in this fashion, it's not a surf movie more a documentary about a family. The first part is steeped in the idealism of their lifestyle but as it goes on and the more they talk to the now adult kids the more the cracks show in what was actually a pretty messed up family. It was very well made and kept me interested for the whole run time, the only thing was I felt it didn't go hard enough on the father, it didn't delve into the darker aspects as much as it should have but was still a good documentary.

here's the trailer:

Don't know if anyone else here has a Netflix account but this film got added to the catalogue today. Well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Bub34

Archy full surf movie. Documentary bout Matt Archbold. Really good movie bout Archy the rebel surfer of the 80's. BRILLIANT!! A def must see

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Bub34

Bub34 wrote: »
    Archy full surf movie. Documentary bout Matt Archbold. Really good movie bout Archy the rebel surfer of the 80's. BRILLIANT!! A def must see

Anyone get the chance to look at this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Bub34 wrote: »
    Anyone get the chance to look at this??

Saw it before, I thought it was pretty good. It was interesting to see how young surfers were thrown on the scrapheap by the big sponsors without any support. Andy Irons was another example of this where his drink and drug problems were swept under the carpet by billabong while he was still making $$$ for them.

Jack McCoy's deeper shade of blue is up on US netflix. Not a lot of original material but it's worth a look.

Mickey Smith has a new short out: http://www.finisterreuk.com/comingupforair/full-film/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

Mickeroo wrote: »

Nice "ambassadors of landless lattiitudes" what a poet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Nice "ambassadors of landless lattiitudes" what a poet.

really enjoyed that, his videos are just top notch. love the voiceover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 polar58

Apart from all the obvious ones Point Break etc..
    Saw Splinters a few months ago and thought it was v good, not sure if people are familiar with it but its about the evolution of surfing in Papua New Guinea with rival tribes setting up surf schools! Its on Netflix. Trailer below. Also love Mickey Smith's Dark side of the lens!

Wont let me attach trailer but its on Youtube..check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MACtic

'Castles in the sky' is one of the best surf movies out there. Can't stop watching it. Great surfing, music and atmosphere. Definitely worth checking out. Can watch it on surfmovies .org (like many others).

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jeanrose770

YESS!!! Sooooo happy to have found this feed!
    Here are 2 of my all time fave surf videos!!!

Noosa in Northern Australia
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaCxpZVgSmU
    and
    Lady Slide
    A Classic Womens Longboarding Video!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbwInjr-tX8

Both inspire me to the core!
    Surfing is the love of my life!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

A series of beautifully shot chilled out surf related films by cinematographer Stefan Jose shot for Mctavish surfboards, take a pause from your day to relax and enjoy.
    It'll definitely make you feel better...guaranteed! :)

http://www.stefanjosefilms.com/projects/

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

rodento wrote: »
    Kerry Short

Sick! but I its like a "Kerrygold" ad :-)

Kerry Short

Where's that then?

Where's that then?

Cork?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Cork?????

Wicklow

Wicklow

:D You wish buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Watched Peninsula Mitre the weekend. It was interesting enough. Not much surfing, but I liked it.

Started to watch Bella Vita, about an American surfer, Chris Del Moro, going back to discover his roots in Italy.

I turned it off after a half an hour or so, when more well heeled beautiful people turned up from So Cal to arse around Italy.

It was a little "look at us", but I'm a negative fecker.

Both on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fermanagh Matt

Surprised to see no mention of Waveriders

https://youtu.be/mSzktIpL4uM

The guy who runs my local surf school and actually took me out on my first lesson features heavily on this. I had no idea he was such a well known surfer until one of his staff suggested watching the film.

Definitely recommended, I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

HBO Max's 100ft Wave the first episode is out now and spends a bit of time in Mullaghmore.

Advertisement