Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

flutered wrote: »
    i use the russian one, the freebe part, i have noticed if i set it to the nl in both amazon and fleabay i get ads in dutch so it must be working, its drawback is it will not work in all browsers, i prefer seamonkey, but i need to use chrome to use the geoblocker

Are using the DNS or VPN? Seems weird that either would be browser-dependent. Both are system level services (unlike something like Hola or Browsec addons).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

DNS (Getflix) for me, working perfect for 2 years, BBC, Netflix etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Are using the DNS or VPN? Seems weird that either would be browser-dependent. Both are system level services (unlike something like Hola or Browsec addons).

Whilst the DNS side is good I wouldn't trust the vpn side.

I used it and my Skrill account was hacked the following day .
    Maybe it was a coincidence but it seemed very suspicious as I'm very careful with my online security and never had anything like it happen before or since and I make a huge number of online transactions.

stanley1 wrote: »

With getflix, how many server locations do you get? It only gives me "United States 8" which is disappointing.
    Zardoz wrote: »
    Whilst the DNS side is good I wouldn't trust the vpn side.

I used it and my Skrill account was hacked the following day .
    Maybe it was a coincidence but it seemed very suspicious as I'm very careful with my online security and never had anything like it happen before or since and I make a huge number of online transactions.

Did you make sure you were using the proper skrill site? I can't imagine how somebody would be able to intercept/decrypt your data over DNS, does seem like an odd coincidence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Does it still work with Netflix?

I'd be surprised.

• Advertisement

yep, perfectly, watching Narcos at the moment, no issues.

yep, perfectly, watching Narcos at the moment, no issues.

I mean region switching. :)

working fine on United States 4, never any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

working fine on United States 4, never any issues.

Hi i dont know much about dns but when you saying working on states 4 it's mean I can get only Netflix from States?

no, you can reset to home country, ie, uk etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Looks like this deal is still available

Would you guys recommend it?

Is there much eztra content you can access on Netflix?

Has anyone tried it with a Smart TV?
    I prefer to set the DNS on individual devices rather than router so would be interested to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

adox wrote: »
    I prefer to set the DNS on individual devices rather than router so would be interested to hear.

I set it in a samsung smart tv which I had set locale to uk on. Iplayer, itv hub and Amazon prime video all working perfect with it on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

I couldn't get Netflix to work using the DNS and I set all the static routes as suggest by Getflix with no joy. It works with VPN with no issues.
    Everything else as above works with DNS.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

bromley52 wrote: »
    I couldn't get Netflix to work using the DNS and I set all the static routes as suggest by Getflix with no joy. It works with VPN with no issues.
    Everything else as above works with DNS.

Can you check pls if there is Polish serwer for Netflix on getflix? Im about to buy it just for netflix poland but not sure if there is polish serwer

Can you check pls if there is Polish serwer for Netflix on getflix? Im about to buy it just for netflix poland but not sure if there is polish serwer

There is no Polish server.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭flutered

i have just bit the bullet, i need it foe a nowtv sub, i was going to side with browsec, if this flops i will go to them, the black friday deal is really streaching will it run until good friday

edit to say i am running Win10 i have tried to configure the dns, but no luck, i have a ticket sent to support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Will this work with Fire TV Stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

adox wrote: »

Good question,was about to ask the same as waiting for the sales to buy a Samsung smart tv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

So.... After 3 pages... Is it worth getting?????

• Advertisement

irishchris wrote: »
    I set it in a samsung smart tv which I had set locale to uk on. Iplayer, itv hub and Amazon prime video all working perfect with it on it

Hi,any chance u could give me advice on how to set it up on Samsung smart (buying one next week)only looking to use iPlayer,etc,im a but if a Luddite,p.m. or a link,anything would be welcome,im on Vodafone sir,so speed etc isn't a problem,thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Will this work with Fire TV Stick?

I have DNS set up on the router as opposed to device level. In addition i have a fixed ip address. It works flawlessly for me and has done for many months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Masala wrote: »
    So.... After 3 pages... Is it worth getting?????
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I have DNS set up on the router as opposed to device level. In addition i have a fixed up address. It works flawlessly for me and has done for many months

Yea sideload the Getflix app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

FYI for anyone using a mobile connection or indeed many fixed wireless users your ISP might over-ride your DNS server selection thus negating any manual DNS you set up on your own device or router.

They provide a DNS by VPN option to get over this if you find yourself in trouble.

FYI for anyone using a mobile connection or indeed many fixed wireless users your ISP might over-ride your DNS server selection thus negating any manual DNS you set up on your own device or router.

They provide a DNS by VPN option to get over this if you find yourself in trouble.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Hi,any chance u could give me advice on how to set it up on Samsung smart (buying one next week)only looking to use iPlayer,etc,im a but if a Luddite,p.m. or a link,anything would be welcome,im on Vodafone sir,so speed etc isn't a problem,thank you.

Pretty easy really. Explained here for 2013 model but same applies to latest
    https://getflix.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200376194-Samsung-F-2013-Series-Smart-TV

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I signed up for a free trial with Getflx and couldn't get it working on United States 15 (only option in drop down).

Basq wrote: »
    I signed up for a free trial with Getflx and couldn't get it working on United States 15 (only option in drop down).

Working fine for me since it changed to us 15. I put the Dublin DNS into my router. If it is still not working and you have done this I added some static roots to my router last week via SSH. I am not sure if this is why mine is working as it didn't work on the previous Netflix us version, 8 I think. If you have a provider router then you might not be able to do this. The static routes to add are somewhere on Getflix. I added via the web interface but also via SSH with root access.

• Advertisement

bromley52 wrote: »
    Working fine for me since it changed to us 15. I put the Dublin DNS into my router. If it is still not working and you have done this I added some static roots to my router last week via SSH. I am not sure if this is why mine is working as it didn't work on the previous Netflix us version, 8 I think. If you have a provider router then you might not be able to do this. The static routes to add are somewhere on Getflix. I added via the web interface but also via SSH with root access.

Last version wasn't working for me either, so I guess Netflix had caught on to that server. 15 working well for me, too. I don't have any static routes on my router.

Advertisement