Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apple event-september 9th

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Ah man, they got rid of the old, nice boxes and have the cheap, Nano ones for the Touch.

overview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Will the new genius feature be only available on the new iPods or will it be included in an update does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

140e for the new nano 8gb?? wernt the 3g nanos like 199e? nice price it seems, colours are a bit... bright though.. not sure which one stands out for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

BFassassin wrote: »
    Will the new genius feature be only available on the new iPods or will it be included in an update does anyone know?
    I assume it'll be a part of the new 2.1 touch firmware. Previous nanos/classics? No chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Hmm nothing to really blow you away. But I wasn't expecting much from this event.

Never had an interest in a Nano, so although I'm sure the new ones are good, they have never appealed to me.

The update to the Touch is not enough to get me to upgrade.

iTunes will be interesting but I can see the Genius thing being more annoying and after playing around with it for the first while I can't see me using it.

And I'm sick of hearing about Tv shows and Movies when we can't get them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

apple-lets-rock-064.jpg

€79...
    http://store.apple.com/ie/product/MA850?mco=MTQzMjQ5NQ

Guess some things will never be updated....:rolleyes:

And I'm sick of hearing about Tv shows and Movies when we can't get them.

I can... Off to download the episode of the office I haven't been able to get anywhere..

They could do with updating the rest of the apple site... The Ipod n Itunes bit hasn't been changed, still has the old ipods n iTunes 7 on it...

http://www.apple.com/ie/itunes/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

anyone know when the the Touches will be in store? Need to get one for a present before Saturday.

Apple Store is saying 1-3 business days for despatch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

ZENER wrote: »
    Rumor has it that he has pancreatic cancer. He looks terrible !!

ZEN

old news Zen, past tense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Dman001 wrote: »
    Apple Store back up, €369.99 for a 32GB Touch. Very attractive price!!

Good on ya Dman -

€369.99 would plant over 4500 trees in Africa,

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

New nano looks lovely, as does the touch. Bitterly disappointed by the update to the classic. Would have loved a new form factor akin to the nano. I can't fit all of my music on even the largest nano :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hmmm itunes 8 isn't appearing in my update list, on either mac...and i'm being told I need to update to itunes 7.7.1 to update my ipod touch to 2.1... but I have itunes 7.7.1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Hmmm only seeing a quicktime update in the Software Updater. guess it will be a few days.

Those new headphones and price tag are a joke.

Mactard wrote: »
    Hmmm itunes 8 isn't appearing in my update list, on either mac...and i'm being told I need to update to itunes 7.7.1 to update my ipod touch to 2.1... but I have itunes 7.7.1

download iTunes 8 from apple.com

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

faceman wrote: »
    Hmmm only seeing a quicktime update in the Software Updater. guess it will be a few days.

Those new headphones and price tag are a joke.

Yar, then there's a frontrow update after that.

Checked Apple IRL and while the store has been updated the main site hasn't (still shows itunes7 as latest)
    dubmick wrote: »
    download iTunes 8 from apple.com

Thanks for the advice but I was actually just letting others know of my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Yep, its available on the iTunes download page.

Yep, its available on the iTunes download page.

Yes, I know, thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭JimiMac

The new visualizer is very impressive!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm not liking iTunes 8 at all. I can't turn off those stupid iTunes store links or the genre listing in the browser tab. There used to be an option for this in the prefs but now it's gone. And Apple need to stop f**king around with the interface. I'll probably downgrade tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I thought that there may be a slight possibility of Movie Rentals for Ireland but nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Grid view is useless the visualiser isn't as impressive as I had hoped and I have no intension of turning genius on. All in all quite disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Hugh_C wrote: »
    old news Zen, past tense

So he's cured then ?? He still doesn't look well. Someone with Pancreatic cancer has only a 5% chance of recovery due to the delay in diagnosis, he's very lucky if he is over it.

Anyway back on topic, I'm not overly impressed with iTunes 8, or iPod Touch software 2.1. There's nothing new there for anyone not interested in movies or games imo.

The new prices are welcome, I was going to treat my daughter to an 8GB Nano for her 13th, I can get her a cool Pink (She's a girly girl !!) 8GB now for less ! Though I preferred the smaller shape of the old Nano . . . That said it's nice that we can have either size in any colour unlike before.

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Mr.S wrote: »
    Impressed with the new nano, looks nice actually, and 199 for 16gb is pritty good.

Dissapointed with the Touch, they should scrap the whole gaming thing, and put on some good features, camera, GPS, Radio etc.

You'll be even happier to hear its €189,

We get €10 off with Apples Currency converter which has been broken a long time.

$199 is €142 not €189

Suppost the tax is left out lets take California's tax rate of 8.5%
    $199 + tax $17 = €153 seems like were getting ripped off again as usual.

The nano's do look cool though.

BFassassin wrote: »
    Actually it looks like it is coming to the older classics and maybe nanos after all. See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

:eek: you wouldn't think it was the same person

Advertisement