Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭pgj2015

That is actually funny.

not in the slightest. not because of any racism, its similar to what you would see on mrs brown's boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

pgj2015 wrote: »
    not in the slightest. not because of any racism, its similar to what you would see on mrs brown's boys.

He was on the LLS last Friday (Sir Steve O)...

Basically sank into depression when facebook demonetized him.

I couldn't feel sorry for the guy-especially noting his own shortsightedness regarding online media.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,005 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

And it is by Byrne, which shows his ego.

https://www.todayfm.com/podcasts/dermot-dave/looking-for-a-bit-of-a-laugh-jason-byrne-has-the-very-app-for-you

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/theatre-arts/comedy/theres-a-touch-of-evil-about-tiktok-this-will-just-be-funny-jason-byrne-launching-comedy-app-39765456.html

You have to be some self-important douche to call TikTok 'a touch of evil'.... then launch an app which practically asks for a blood sample.

Apparently, on the apple store, there's only one review for it-it's broken on iphone.

https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/ilaugh-app/id1516551814

He says he has 150 heads working on it. Id say 149 of them are working on material to make Byrne seem funny.

He says he has 150 heads working on it. Id say 149 of them are working on material to make Byrne seem funny.

Worse, I checked out the instagram of the app... he 'chops' off the name of the original content uploader.

Stealing material, and stealing content....

You wouldn't be allowed do it in any other place without being savagely called out and having your career ended (ala Carlos Mencia).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Theres an Irish based African fella called Fabu D who's basically a black Sir Stevo Timothy only ten times more annoying and unfunny.

• Advertisement

Theres an Irish based African fella called Fabu D who's basically a black Sir Stevo Timothy only ten times more annoying and unfunny.

I think I saw him- was he the 'Tayto sandwich' fella?
    Tried making a Crisp sandwich, didn't like it.

(Am I the only IRish person who's never had a crisp sandwich? The thought of it genuinely disgusts me).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

(Am I the only IRish person who's never had a crisp sandwich? The thought of it genuinely disgusts me).

You've never had a crisp sandwich? :eek::eek::eek: Shocking carry on for someone claiming to be an Irish person. You should be stripped of all assets, lands and titles. Citizenship should be revoked. You should then be flogged, hanged, drawn and quartered and then thrown off the Cliffs of Moher.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I think I saw him- was he the 'Tayto sandwich' fella?
    Tried making a Crisp sandwich, didn't like it.

Not my thing either. I’d rather just have the crisps. Always aligned it with things like “banana sandwiches”, where people would mash banana and put it in a sandwich.

Unappealing and unnecessary. A hangover of British “imperialism” too, no doubt.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Not my thing either. I’d rather just have the crisps. Always aligned it with things like “banana sandwiches”, where people would mash banana and put it in a sandwich.

Unappealing and unnecessary. A hangover of British “imperialism” too, no doubt.

You don't mash the banana, you slice it.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    You've never had a crisp sandwich? :eek::eek::eek: Shocking carry on for someone claiming to be an Irish person. You should be stripped of all assets, lands and titles. Citizenship should be revoked. You should then be flogged, hanged, drawn and quartered and then thrown off the Cliffs of Moher.

...can I just share a plane ride to Oz, like Eoghan? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

BattleCorp wrote: »

The crisp sandwich only pertains to a certain class of Irishness. Its very GAA I think.

The crisp sandwich only pertains to a certain class of Irishness. Its very GAA I think.

I dunno, I saw friends eating it as a kid, others eating it as an adult... the thought of it genuinely disgusts me.

I've even seen people eating chips and crisps on the same plate.

No... just stop. No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Soo from the poll results soo far,

Alison Spittle & Jason Byrne are in a sh1te league of their own....when it comes to "comedy"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,907 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I do think spittle gets a hard time here , check out grainne mcguire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Has anyone watched the Paddy Raff show yet on BBC?
    The ads have put me off watching it.

The ads looked awful so I tuned in out of pure masochistic fascination.

It's awful.

I do think spittle gets a hard time here , check out grainne mcguire

We did... and she's the equivalent of of new form of torture.

But she's also not on our screens (RTe or Virgin Media) every second day.
    Spittle, on the other hand, is. Even got her own 'sitcom...' or drama, or dramedy... Hard to tell what it was, it was woeful and unfunny.

Decent money's been wasted on Spittle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Spittle, on the other hand, is. Even got her own 'sitcom...' or drama, or dramedy... Hard to tell what it was, it was woeful and unfunny..

Very harsh assessment there, R. That show had some truly funny “moments” and a number of redeemable features.

Definitely not the worst thing RTÉ has put out over the last while.

The tide is turning…

• Very harsh assessment there, R. That show had some truly funny “moments” and a number of redeemable features.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Very harsh assessment there, R. That show had some truly funny “moments” and a number of redeemable features.

It was repeated, multiple times (even before Covid). It didn't get any funnier, I gave it a shot, with two viewings of one episode.

It was bad. Was it worse than an Amy Huberman show? Debatable. But for some gawdawful reason, Huberman managed to secure funding for a second run of her 'comedy'.
    Nobody was willing to put that money on Spittle.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

You may have a point if you were comparing it to the likes of Ryan Tubridy on the Late Late Show or Operation Transformation but you’re heading into territory of which pile of shįte smells the worst, so the comparison is fairly pointless. They’re all shockingly bad.

• Advertisement

It was repeated, multiple times (even before Covid). It didn't get any funnier, I gave it a shot, with two viewings of one episode.

It was bad. Was it worse than an Amy Huberman show? Debatable. But for some gawdawful reason, Huberman managed to secure funding for a second run of her 'comedy'.
    Nobody was willing to put that money on Spittle.

It wasn’t worse than huberman

It wasn’t worse than huberman

For me, it was. Huberman I can tolerate, in the background.

Spittle I couldn't.

Bernard O’Sheas new comedy show didn’t even get a thread :)

It’s mind blowing

Bernard O’Sheas new comedy show didn’t even get a thread :)

It’s mind blowing

As in watching it makes you want to put a gun to your head.

As in watching it makes you want to put a gun to your head.

how is it even possible to get such a show?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Change title to "Funny Irish Comedians?". I can't think of any in the style of Burr, Chapelle, Louis CK, Maron etc. Or in the style of Kevin Bridges (if that's your thing) or Frankie Boyle (if that's your thing!). I thought we are supposed to be great craic altogether....
    I can't think of any full stop.

how is it even possible to get such a show?

It seems to be a vague reworking of Des Bishops Joy In The Hood.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Had the misforutune of scrolling across a Jason Byrne video on FB, Thankfully have hardly seen nor heard from him in years, but I see with lockdown he's now doing the Rory Stories model of short videos of 'hilarious' situations.

https://fb.watch/4xfszYurzV/

My christ, woeful.

Granadino wrote: »
    Change title to "Funny Irish Comedians?". I can't think of any in the style of Burr, Chapelle, Louis CK, Maron etc. Or in the style of Kevin Bridges (if that's your thing) or Frankie Boyle (if that's your thing!). I thought we are supposed to be great craic altogether....
    I can't think of any full stop.

i recall some turf muncher here back in the day proclaiming tommy tiernan is the best comedian in the world and i was reminded of that when he interviewed mike scott and brought up differences between catholics and prods, which would get great lols at a tommy gig :) scott shut him down immediately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Ah, Tommy Tiernan's stuff was funny, even if you ignore the shouting and listen to the story...

Dylan Moran as well, haven't seen anything from him in ages though

Advertisement