Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

North Quays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

What is there for rats on the north quays?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Gardner

I heard John Cummins say today that there will be a bridge built between the north wharf and clock tower as per the governments capital project announcement last week.

Me thinks John won’t be out of puberty before that’s built…….

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

What is there for rats on the north quays?

Absolutely nothing, its a complete myth that it's infested with rats over there, but still something that everyone loves to say. The contractors have said that there's not as many as you think over there because there's no food source for them, plain and simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Who cares about any rats just tear the thing down already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Likely to be more pigeons over there than rats, to be fair,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JourneyMan8

O Riain wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing, its a complete myth that it's infested with rats over there, but still something that everyone loves to say. The contractors have said that there's not as many as you think over there because there's no food source for them, plain and simple.

its a myth but there's rat there? :D:confused:

its a myth but there's rat there? :D:confused:

Of course there are rats, it's by the river and I never said there wasn't. I said it was a myth that it's completely infested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The first intelligent comment I've read on the matter in quite a while!

Rats rats rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Do the rats have names?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Of course there are rats, it's by the river and I never said there wasn't. I said it was a myth that it's completely infested.

Rats need food, shelter and water. Ok they have shelter and water but where exactly is the massive food source you seem to believe exists?

Sure there's rats, no more then in any other empty factory. But its not infested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Do the rats have names?

Roland, Ratbert, Templeton, Rizzo, Rat-in-a-hat, Remy, Rhubella, Roderick, Splinter, Rocky and more

Cabaal wrote: »
    Rats need food, shelter and water. Ok they have shelter and water but where exactly is the massive food source you seem to believe exists?

Sure there's rats, no more then in any other empty factory. But its not infested

Read my posts. I never said it was infested. In fact I said it wasn't infested in the post you quoted..

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

Have they started work there yet?

crazyman wrote: »
    Have they started work there yet?

Apparently so! Slow going at the moment just removing Asbestos and electrical wiring before the heavy stuff can start.

Apparently so! Slow going at the moment just removing Asbestos and electrical wiring before the heavy stuff can start.

Have passed by that way a few times this week and haven't noticed any activity. Just afraid it will be another hoax and delayed for a few more months.

Nothing a few cruise missiles wouldn't fix. Let me at it! :pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Have passed by that way a few times this week and haven't noticed any activity. Just afraid it will be another hoax and delayed for a few more months.

And you're right! Not surprised tbh, I have a feeling they will be still there in years to come.

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-single.php?cat=1&id=47532

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭freewheeler

Piss-up....Brewery....that is all...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

IMG_2161%20-%20Copy_zpssoxoswoz.jpg

IMG_2162%20-%20Copy_zpsvhk7b0l2.jpg

Looking forward to the day I can see the river from this location

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

And you're right! Not surprised tbh, I have a feeling they will be still there in years to come.

Some joke of a council we have. If they spent less time looking to get there picture in front of the north quays into the local papers and more time doing what they are being paid to do, then we wouldn't have this shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What a bunch of retards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

FFS what does it take to get stuff done in this town:rolleyes:

Disgraceful. Why is this country so tied down with bulls**t and bureaucracy. If this was any other country those buildings would've been consigned to history about a decade ago.

FFS! Exactly what I had feared. Incompetent shower of clowns!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

FFS! Exactly what I had feared. Incompetent shower of clowns!

You get what you vote for :(

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Someone decided to do a background check on these companies the other night and came up with this....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwCU55Ve2wUWcTV3X2lLQ2tBYUU/view?usp=sharing

Surely if a regular person was able to find out this information after spending 10 mins with Google, what the hell were the council doing.

This link was posted up on John Cummins's Facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's hilarious and worrying. What else are our elected representatives wasting time and money on?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Someone decided to do a background check on these companies the other night and came up with this....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwCU55Ve2wUWcTV3X2lLQ2tBYUU/view?usp=sharing

Surely if a regular person was able to find out this information after spending 10 mins with Google, what the hell were the council doing.

This link was posted up on John Cummins's Facebook page.

At the risk of defending the council... It's easy to Google something when you are aware that there is an issue. The council cant be going around chasing contractors to see if they've gone bust every minute. You would assume the company would have informed the council of this but obviously they didn't. I'll probably be killed for saying this but... The fault is with the contractor, not the council.

In saying that, it is a joke it's going on this long and the overall blame certainly lies with the council.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

At the risk of defending the council... It's easy to Google something when you are aware that there is an issue. The council cant be going around chasing contractors to see if they've gone bust every minute. You would assume the company would have informed the council of this but obviously they didn't. I'll probably be killed for saying this but... The fault is with the contractor, not the council.

In saying that, it is a joke it's going on this long and the overall blame certainly lies with the council.

Well this was a public tender process, surely as part of the tendering process, it would be up to the council to carry out background checks on each company that put in a tender, wouldn't this not be standard procedure. If one was to apply for a job, as part of the interview process, references and background checks would be carried out on the interviewees, would it not?

Advertisement