Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Keepers can get sent off!

Finally.

They could in 12, also. Seen this a good few times.

Probably just fluke you haven't seen it before. Like in F1 2011, you are supposed to be able to have a safety car. 40 hours on the track later, I'm still to see one...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Right lads, have another goal for you, this one really shows off the first touch nicely.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/134904302

Love the animation in Lewandowski's lay-off, the way he passes while turning, the ball comes to Kehl and as I was sprinting the first touch popped the ball up about a foot off the ground, the natural reaction here is HIT IT... And I did. Lovely goal.

Really enjoying the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Much different from last year lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

J. Marston wrote: »
    That was what annoyed me most last year. Running into the box and cutting it back to the edge of the box for a player who was running on to the ball and when he took the shot, it would have no power at all and just roll along the ground barely reaching the keeper. Good to hear that it's fixed.

I've only one real example so far(played about 6 games, but as you know against AI and short games it's hard to try out situations to check for differences) but I scored the shot as well which is more than what happened in 12.

There seem to be one or two little bugs. Sometimes my players don't jump for headers, I'm thinking you have to time it now instead of being in the right place at the drop?. My players have failed to even contest a number of kick outs, and also had that penalty against me from the corner.

Have had a few attackers put the ball physically through my players, situations that would seldom happen in 12(have had two of these)

Slide tackling feels much improved. You don't feel like you're sliding on ice now(where you'd travel 3/4 yards in a straight line making them pointless) and actually feel like you have a chance at getting something on the ball.

Can't wait for the full version, it's no fun playing the AI in terms of finding out how all this will come together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Am i right in saying this still isnt on ire Ps3??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Am i right in saying this still isnt on ire Ps3??
    Type it into search.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Rooney10 wrote: »
    They could in 12, also. Seen this a good few times.

Probably just fluke you haven't seen it before. Like in F1 2011, you are supposed to be able to have a safety car. 40 hours on the track later, I'm still to see one...

I just checked there. They can in offline but not in online. Hopefully they change it this year.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I just checked there. They can in offline but not in online. Hopefully they change it this year.

Doubt they'll have it online tbh, a bit like they don't have game ending injuries online.

They don't like to enforce pauses. It would be cool if they did, but you'd feel a bit pissed off if your keeper got sent off in the 6th min, or your star player got hacked out of it and had to go off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Got a good few games in with a mate last night and will be playing it more with other mates tonight.

First impressions are very good. Whilst remembering it's only a demo, and about a 2 month old version at this stage, there will be issues and stuff, but still loving the changes. I'd say the actually game is going to be a big improvement on 12.

I'm very happy with the new list of formations: 443 wide, 443 attacking, 443 defending, 443 false 9 etc etc.

The new 1st touch system is definitely and improvement, although it may take some time to completely get used to it.

Also loving the new controlled dribble by holding L2+R2/LT+RT. I can see myself taking advantage of it's uses A LOT.

One thing I was disappointed with, but I assume won't be a problem in the final release is that the skill games are assisted, even though I have EVERYTHING set to manual. I know that the Bronze levels you can use assisted but for the harder ones you Have to use manual, but I hate assisted and only want to use manual!

My 2cents for the moment anyway.

Hope you're all enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Downloading the demo now. Hopefully it's good! General consensus here seems like it's an improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Big improvement this year imo. Love the first touch. I'm terrible at defending though, I was pretty good at it in Fifa 12, but in nine games on the demo I've only kept one clean sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

All I want is a game that if you have a good 'football head' on you it will show in the gameplay etc. Not even sure how this could be achieved though.... Guess that's what the real thing is for! Saying that, it has gotten better in recent years.

LakesKeane wrote: »
    All I want is a game that if you have a good 'football head' on you it will show in the gameplay etc. Not even sure how this could be achieved though.... Guess that's what the real thing is for! Saying that, it has gotten better in recent years.

It always has in fairness.

I went on a near 40 game 'winning' streak in 12 recently(with another 8-10 draws on top), you couldn't do that with blind luck.

Ya, maybe the game I eventually lost was harsh and cheap(game I dominated and lead 2-0 with a missed peno...hit for 3 in the 80, 84, 86th min) but there's just no way I'd have a winning ratio in the region off 900-200(counting UT too and disregarding draws as I only play cups in that) if some form of football ability wasn't required.

I think they've always had the balance right, you can get robbed in some games undeniably but you can also go on massive unbeaten runs if you're good enough.
    The game is a hell of a lot harder to master than most. I don't see how they can improve it much more at this particular time. You have to think 2/3 passes ahead, just like in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just had a few matches, loving it! The 1st touch system is a great addition, the pace is faster and more silky. I' coming straight from fifa 11 so there is a huge difference. Can't wait to give career mode a lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Nobody ever shot accross the goalkeeper even though it's the thing to do in real football. There was no point in fifa 12 as the keeper would save it every time unless you had a 90 rated player with 100 chemistry.

Now, they go in. Create half a yard of space, not much space mind, and have a bang.

Observe.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/134919859

Happy chappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Really loving the demo at the moment, the movement of players feels so much more fluid and life like, especially when going in for a challenge and flat out sprinting,the first touch system is hard but very rewarding as a good first touch = lead in on goal or a completely **** up, defender clears just like in real life.

Overall a definite improvement on 12 so cant wait for full release, anyone know when the web app is up and running?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Kirby wrote: »
    Nobody ever shot accross the goalkeeper even though it's the thing to do in real football. There was no point in fifa 12 as the keeper would save it every time unless you had a 90 rated player with 100 chemistry.

Now, they go in. Create half a yard of space, not much space mind, and have a bang.

Observe.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/134919859

Happy chappy.

Yeah shooting across the keeper has improved big time. Pato in particular I've noticed has a knack of tucking them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It always has in fairness.

I went on a near 40 game 'winning' streak in 12 recently(with another 8-10 draws on top), you couldn't do that with blind luck.

Ya, maybe the game I eventually lost was harsh and cheap(game I dominated and lead 2-0 with a missed peno...hit for 3 in the 80, 84, 86th min) but there's just no way I'd have a winning ratio in the region off 900-200(counting UT too and disregarding draws as I only play cups in that) if some form of football ability wasn't required.

I think they've always had the balance right, you can get robbed in some games undeniably but you can also go on massive unbeaten runs if you're good enough.
    The game is a hell of a lot harder to master than most. I don't see how they can improve it much more at this particular time. You have to think 2/3 passes ahead, just like in real life.

That doesn't mean that if you know football you'll be good at FIFA (which is what the guy was suggesting would be the ideal). It just means that you're good at FIFA.

I'm good at Metal Gear Solid but my real life espionage skills are sadly lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Beefy78 wrote: »
    That doesn't mean that if you know football to be good at FIFA (which is what the guy was suggesting would be the ideal). It just means that you're good at FIFA.

I'm good at Metal Gear Solid but my real life espionage skills are sadly lacking.

Indeed. After mastering Call of Duty I thought I'd be boss at paintball. I was not. And taking a breather for 10 seconds behind a crate didn't restore my energy. It just meant people stopped shooting at me for 10 seconds.

• Advertisement

That doesn't mean that if you know football you'll be good at FIFA (which is what the guy was suggesting would be the ideal). It just means that you're good at FIFA.

Beefy......Beefy....BEEFY!

Dun dun dun dun dun.....dun dun dun! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/134939951
    loved this goal
    :P

long shots are too easy on this though

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Iv tried to download this from both the Us store and the normal one this evening. It keeps freezing at about 35%, has this happened to anyone else?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Really enjoying the demo so far. Everything just seems so much more fluid than last years, the passing, shooting, crossing, defending. Scored a cracker of a goal with Lewandowski, corner to the near post and he overheaded it right into the top corner. Looking forward to the full game and getting stuck into the career mode. Don't really enjoy online as much as most on here

World class keeps the ball very well. Which wouldn't be an issue only it's three minutes a half.

Professional is more enjoyable as the derpy AI always gives it back to you. But they also defend poorly so its a trade off.

If you want to experiment go pro but if you want a challenge go world class. The AI can score some nice goals too on world class which makes games more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Van Persie was on Arsenal in the demo for me on tuesday, seems to be gone now. He worked well with Podolski for me, bit annoying that he's gone.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Van Persie was on Arsenal in the demo for me on tuesday, seems to be gone now. He worked well with Podolski for me, bit annoying that he's gone.

Disconnect from the EA server/Xbox live/PSN. They load the squads when the demo boots up.

If you are not connected, you won't get the latest squad update.. you'll get the ones from July that were downloaded as part of the demo.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Playing the AI more than a handful of times has bored me at this stage. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels the same. But the AI aside, really enjoy the demo. Feels a bit more solid, but yet very fluid as has been mentioned already. Feels like there is some weight in the game now, namely in regards to passing and shooting. The 1st touch system works well and one thing I was very happy about is the now the opportunity to score across the keeper! Really the only option in FIFA 12 was to always go near post. Finally, the runs off the ball are impressive from AI teammates.

Only minor complaint about the game itself is heading the ball is bloody damn difficult so far.

There's a difference between having a ''football head'' on you and being good at the sport(You could have a great understanding but just lack the skill to perform it each play).
    The poster referred to a football head, which to me is an understanding of what works and what doesn't(when to pass and where to pass).

I see where you're coming from though, but I still think having a good understanding off the game is an advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Have had difficulty heading in the game since 11. But my manual crossing can be terrible at times compared to alot of players I come up against :o

Advertisement