Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Logo help needed please

Options
  • 15-11-2019 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post,but I'm looking for help on a couple of logos I need put in to PDF or crd file and I haven't a clue on how to do it.
    Would anyone be able to help me,there's a company making a shirt for me and I have sent them the logos I got off Google images,but the said the need them in PDF or crd file and this is where I'm completely lost.

Would appreciate if some one could please help me on this thanks.

If my post is in wrong computer thread feel free to move it mods.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

If you have them saved down to a PC and that PC has adobe or something similar you should be able to right click and "save as".
    Another possible way is to select print and then you can print to PDF and save that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

If you have them saved down to a PC and that PC has adobe or something similar you should be able to right click and "save as".
    Another possible way is to select print and then you can print to PDF and save that

Ye but the logos would need to be resized so how would I manage that?.resized to fit the shirt suitably.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Alternatively, there are loads of free online services that you can use to convert images to pdf.
    Just Google 'PdfConverter' or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

It should be up to the printing people to resize in order to fit

bassy wrote: »
    Ye but the logos would need to be resized so how would I manage that?.resized to fit the shirt suitably.

Open the image in MSPaint and choose the resize option.

• Advertisement

But how about the resizing logos part what would I use ?.

The company say the Google images are not good enough and are asking do I have the actual logos,would the images on Google not be good enough and if so why ?,as I can see nothing wrong with the logos as there crystal clear.the logos are being put on a shirt with sublimation.

But how about the resizing logos part what would I use ?.

The logo will be in some kind of image format (BMP, jpeg, gif, tiff etc).
    It should open in MSPaint or similar. But, as Clinton says, the printers should be able to do the resizing for you. Just get them to check that it looks ok resized to fit (and that they don't need to change the aspect ratio)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Resizing shouldn’t be an issue for a T-shirt.

It would be for me as I wouldn't know how to do it.

• Advertisement

Lots of reasons that an image you find on Google wouldn't be suitable .
    * It's size is too small
    * It's resolution is too low.
    * It's background is not transparent.
    * It has an unsuitable aspect ratio.

I don't know about that.
    A 32px*32px icon isn't going to look great on a t-shirt

Phoebas wrote: »
    I don't know about that.

It's actually a shirt not t-shirt guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Phoebas wrote: »
    I don't know about that.

I gathered from their posts that it’s a reasonably high resolution image?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

When you search for the logos on Google use the search tools to specify large images. The resulting ones should do. You can use photopea.com to edit and save as a pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Get the original logo that was created for the organisation by their logo designer. Ideally in PDF vector format.

If you can't get that, find the biggest, cleanest version of it that you can find in PNG (preferred) or JPG format.

If you can't get that and go with something off Google images, your shirt printers will rightly warn you that there will be quality problems.

Ok guys will give it a shot and thanks for your replies

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Yes as previous poster mentioned ideally they are looking for the original vector file, which could scale to any size and not a bitmap or image off google.
    Try to get this or else the largest PNG quality available

no way am I gonna get the original logos lads.

no way am I gonna get the original logos lads.

Is it not the logo from the same company you work for?
    Otherwise you’ll have to do a search for largest quality available but even then I have seen some printers only want the vector image.

Is it a simple image that could be made up from scratch as a vector file?

• Advertisement

brav wrote: »
    Is it not the logo from the same company you work for?
    Otherwise you’ll have to do a search for largest quality available but even then I have seen some printers only want the vector image.

Is it a simple image that could be made up from scratch as a vector file?

No it's nothing to do with my place of work.
    It's a shirt I want made that is used by another sportsman on TV.
    The company told me the wanted the logos in PDF or crd file

The company told me the wanted the logos in PDF or crd file

A CRD file is a vector graphics file, you can also put vector graphics in a PDF, but technically you could put an image in a PDF(on Mac just print and save as PDF, can’t remember on windows)
    There is a chance though if you send them the pdf of image they might reject ot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Sounds like a straightforward case of copyright infringement then. Not necessarily the kind of thing you want to be wearing in public! :rolleyes:

Sounds like a straightforward case of copyright infringement then. Not necessarily the kind of thing you want to be wearing in public! :rolleyes:

Spot on,but I won't be wearing it in public or shall I say I won't be wearing it where ones would know.ok in a sleepy rural area ;)

How about the ones going around wearing counterfeit soccer jerseys.....people not suppose to be producing or selling them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Spot on,but I won't be wearing it in public or shall I say I won't be wearing it where ones would know.ok in a sleepy rural area ;)

How about the ones going around wearing counterfeit soccer jerseys.....people not suppose to be producing or selling them either.
    issue isnt about you wearing it.

most serious companies will rather turn down one off job to avoid any copyright infringement, sounds cliche but for some it isnt worth a hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I did a flag with an online printer company, and what they wanted was the vector format file, as discussed above.
    I used a free application called Inkscape to create the file, by tracing a high quality bitmap.

This works well if the logo is monochromatic. See more about tracing with Inkscape here.

When you search for the logo with Google, click on Images, and then click the Tools button, then Size, and select Large Size.
    This will make Google give you the largest images found, as they are the best for tracing. If possible, select one that has only two colours (e.g. black and white, or black and red, or red and white).

Advertisement