Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IFO file to MP4 (youtube)

Options
  • 14-11-2019 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if this is in the right forum - Mods please move if im not.

Im trying to upload a video from a dvd to youtube.

My plan was upload to pc, then to YouTube.
    I downloaded VLC to transfer dvd to pc.
    All went well, until I tried to upload to YouTube - "File not supported"

The dvd uploaded as an IFO file, and that cannot be uploaded to YT.

I tried googling how to change from ifo to Mp4 , but its more downloading of programmes etc, and didn't make much sense.

Also when I tried rewatching the transfer to VLC, I can see my pc screen and background on the playback !!
    Is that normal ??

If anyone had any idea what im doing wrong?
    :confused::confused::confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

An IFO file is an information file for a DVD movie, not a video file. There should be another much larger file format available (depending on what you chose) such as AVI, MOV, MP4 etc. What profile did you pick in VLC? Here's an easy to follow guide to use.

rip-dvds-with-vlc-convert-window.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

hi , thanks for the reply.
    I did all that as you said, and waited for it to upload to pc.
    Clicked in on Downloads file, and it was back to an "IFO" file again ……. :/ :rolleyes:

greenspurs wrote: »
    hi , thanks for the reply.
    I did all that as you said, and waited for it to upload to pc.
    Clicked in on Downloads file, and it was back to an "IFO" file again ……. :/ :rolleyes:
    Is that the only file? Are you sure if completes? How large is the file in question as it should be multiple GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

yes.

I have checked it, I opened it and scrolled through the 50mins, all seems to be there.
    Its 664,163kb

yes.

I have checked it, I opened it and scrolled through the 50mins, all seems to be there.
    Its 664,163kb
    Ok so it seems the right size but what it sounds like you have done by this quote I missed at first below is used VLC to Capture your screen (it's a feature of VLC).
    Also when I tried rewatching the transfer to VLC, I can see my pc screen and background on the playback !!
    Is that normal ?
    The guide I posted in the last message...

https://www.leawo.org/tutorial/dvd-to-mp4-vlc-1334.html

...shows easy to follow steps, you need to make sure your source is DVD first. Alternatively, there are loads of other apps to concert DVD to MP4, see below:

https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-DVD-Video-Converter.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement