Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso. Free machine. No subscription

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭leanin2019

Add 2 or 3 teaspoons of low calorie hot chocolate and milk for a delicious but not too bad for you Mocha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I got on to the chat this morning to see where mine is, still says processing on the tracker. Person I spoke to didn't really seem to know much, just said I'd have it in 1-2 days. Not expecting it until next week at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭aisling86

I got on to the chat this morning to see where mine is, still says processing on the tracker. Person I spoke to didn't really seem to know much, just said I'd have it in 1-2 days. Not expecting it until next week at the earliest.

This is what they said to me this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭td2008

They said mine was coming from the UK but the tracking number was missing - going to get back to me
    (ordered the 25th)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Got my machine this morning. The bigger pods are way nicer. Coffee comes out hotter and less watery.

Interesting. We have the normal machine at home and the wife has the bigger pod version available to her in work and she prefers the home one. Has tried a range of coloured ones and can't settle on one she likes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

Just got my shipping message. Ink Black VertuoPlus.

Ordered on Sun 28th.

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

fat bloke wrote: »
    Interesting. We have the normal machine at home and the wife has the bigger pod version available to her in work and she prefers the home one. Has tried a range of coloured ones and can't settle on one she likes.

Are you sure it's not the office version she has at work? They have special machines for offices that take different shaped capsules so that people can't take them home and use them.

Just got my shipping message. Ink Black VertuoPlus.

Ordered on Sun 28th.

Received my package this afternoon. Looking forward to trying this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭torrevieja

have to say Nespresso need to get a new Courier not a good Start, if they want u to be a member

Rang them today probably lucky i did yea ur order is in the ware house , we will have to reorder it , and how long will it take 2-4 days they said sure i said u said that the last time,

Makes me wonder what would have happened if i hadn't rang them

reminds me of your woman on little britain in travel shop Computer says

torrevieja wrote: »
    have to say Nespresso need to get a new Courier not a good Start, if they want u to be a member

Rang them today probably lucky i did yea ur order is in the ware house , we will have to reorder it , and how long will it take 2-4 days they said sure i said u said that the last time,

Makes me wonder what would have happened if i hadn't rang them

reminds me of your woman on little britain in travel shop Computer says

Did they say why they needed to reorder it, if it's already in the warehouse? That's odd.

• Advertisement

I missed this delivery by 10 minutes, they left a note in the letterbox. (Nightline)

Rang and they said they will try to deliver twice more - Saturday (ill be out!) and Monday (will be in!)

Not sure what would happen if I miss it on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭KilOit

Very happy with this. No brainer if you like larger coffees. Its pretty quiet compared to my last machine as well

Make sure to run the cleaning cycle at the beginning as well, as per the manual.

I ran mine and the orange light flashed, however water didn't run through it. Waited til it powered off and repeated the process, then ran it again and the cycle worked.

Make sure to put a big enough container/jug under it as well. Goes through approx 500/600ml of water in the 3 cycles altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭SheroP

I availed if this, thanks BA
    Otrdered on Saturday
    Didn’t hear anything by Thursday, just got message saying order was being processed
    Rang Thursday , very apologetic, reordered and gave me €15 credit
    Machine arrived Friday afternoon , so , happy out !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭893bet

leanin2019 wrote: »
    I missed this delivery by 10 minutes, they left a note in the letterbox. (Nightline)

Rang and they said they will try to deliver twice more - Saturday (ill be out!) and Monday (will be in!)

Not sure what would happen if I miss it on Monday.

Parcel motel is the way forward if there is a locker near by.

Yeah it’s cost 4 quid per item but the convenience is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭td2008

td2008 wrote: »
    They said mine was coming from the UK but the tracking number was missing - going to get back to me
    (ordered the 25th)

Strangely enough it was delivered to my address rather than parcel motel pick up point.
    the box looked to have been kicked around the place but working ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

893bet wrote: »
    Add 200 x vertuo capsules.

Then add one of the 199euro vertuo machines.

Machine will be free at checkout!

Mod Edit:> https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/

I missed the Vertuo offer. Any thoughts on the half price Gran Latissima offer currently on? It’s with subscription but “no contract” . I’m not familiar with the machine. I’m happy with original pods and was thinking of Creatista plus but wondering about Latissima.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭893bet

38-E9-AA94-77-F3-4-F94-B028-E5-D6-D0-A860-D5.jpg

5899-D00-A-30-B4-4-D91-8176-AAF9-F439-D552.jpg

843-E6-B72-82-AF-466-E-A7-D4-4-B830-D8-F51-DC.jpg

91-E10-A86-17-DF-4544-82-FD-7303-B77849-E4.jpg

A8-D9-F03-F-88-BF-44-D3-B4-CC-908027063558.jpg

C56-A37-F1-5865-4520-A438-0-B416-B11703-A.jpg

D7188-A7-F-9-D13-4-BE4-821-F-CF359-B84-D8-F2.jpg

Conclusion......the new pods are ****ing enormous.

Conclusion......the new pods are ****ing enormous.[/quote]

Thats alot of caramel cookie pods! I hope mine will be here tomorrow it's in cork depot.

Did they say why they needed to reorder it, if it's already in the warehouse? That's odd.

They reordered because they said they couldnt understand why it hadnt been dispatched prob end up getting 2 now

• Advertisement

They reordered because they said they couldnt understand why it hadnt been dispatched prob end up getting 2 now

Not bad if you do :)

Not bad if you do :)

893bet wrote: »
    Parcel motel is the way forward if there is a locker near by.

Yeah it’s cost 4 quid per item but the convenience is worth it.

I am one of parcel motels biggest customers :pac:

Did this the last time but it was too big for the locker. So it was another oversize charge plus a home delivery charge on top of that so wanted to avoid that this time...

I'm home all day today so should be okay hopefully...had my headphones on for an important meeting friday and missed it by ten minutes!

My machine arrived. The amount of coffee is huge per cup vs the smaller pods its brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yeah my cups are filled to the brim :)

You can set the water amount by keeping the button pressed. The machine will learn that amount and each time after that it will fill to the level you set.

If you want either a nice full cup, or lots of room for milk, it can be tweaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

My order arrived. I new before I opened it that it looked smaller than what people were posting here. Sure enough it was a complete wrong order, one of the small original pod machines and a few pods for it

Got this email this evening had to reorder again Friday,

so just wondering is this coming on Tuesday 7th July or can u make ou what day it might be delivered

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Got this email this evening had to reorder again Friday,

so just wondering is this coming on Tuesday 7th July or can u make ou what day it might be delivered

Thanks
    I had the same message last Thursday, it hadn't moved to "ready for delivery" on Friday morning, so I wasn't expecting it until Monday. It was delivered Friday afternoon. You might have it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Mine turned up today. Similar to others it came in a big package, took me 10 minutes to open it all up. Easy enough set up, 5 minutes or so to run through the setup. First impressions are theres a lot more crema compared to the older pods, i tried a vertuo columbia vs old style columbia and while there wasn't much of a difference I'd say the Vertuo was nicer. One thing that I noticed is the crema on some of the pods i've tried was kind of messy if you get what I mean. Didn't look particularly good is all.

The pods themselves are almost comically big, a box of 10 takes up nearly 4 times the amount of space of the older ones. Going to try find a storage box or something from Amazon if anyone has any recommendations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Yeah my cups are filled to the brim :)

You can set the water amount by keeping the button pressed. The machine will learn that amount and each time after that it will fill to the level you set.

If you want either a nice full cup, or lots of room for milk, it can be tweaked.

If you draw more water through the pod than its designed for you drag all the bitterness out too

You can adjust in all the Nespresso machines but you get a much cup of coffee out of it

You can get lungi pods if you need a double and that's what the longer pour is for

Advertisement