Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Postage duration from Ireland to Scotland

Options
  • 07-09-2017 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I sent a packet just today and was wondering how long will it take to arrive to the recipient?
    It's standard post btw.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Two days, so probably Monday (don't think an post deliver at weekends?)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Would have thought it would have a good chance to make the Saturday delivery. A couple of weeks ago we had something turn up next day couldn't believe it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

jimmii wrote: »
    Would have thought it would have a good chance to make the Saturday delivery. A couple of weeks ago we had something turn up next day couldn't believe it!

Yeah I've managed to get in for the early collection before and it was delivered next day. Have An Post started delivering on Saturdays now? It's been years since I lived in Ireland and don't think they had post at the weekends back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yeah I've managed to get in for the early collection before and it was delivered next day. Have An Post started delivering on Saturdays now? It's been years since I lived in Ireland and don't think they had post at the weekends back then.

Its posting from Ireland to Scotland by the looks of it?

Its posting from Ireland to Scotland by the looks of it?

Ah, misread the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

In some locations they do but not every one. Don't know why since they open half day every Saturday like they should still deliver. Probably lack of postmen/women no doubt.

Vlove wrote: »
    In some locations they do but not every one. Don't know why since they open half day every Saturday like they should still deliver. Probably lack of postmen/women no doubt.

I'm sure it's a union/overtime/cost issue. I used to work for a semi-state in Ireland and wow, did unions have power or what!

Hope it does arrive, sent a Zelda link figure (desmintled it with other bits) as I had it advertised on a collection group on facebook and the recipent wanted it.Never sent anything to Scotland before.

I'm sure it's a union/overtime/cost issue. I used to work for a semi-state in Ireland and wow, did unions have power or what!
    Yeah I suppose what you said is right too. Literally you missed nothing from here, good idea staying in Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

My parents are in Wexford and I live in Glasgow. Anytime they send me something it takes 2 days. Saturday post is normal here.

• Advertisement

bkehoe wrote: »
    My parents are in Wexford and I live in Glasgow. Anytime they send me something it takes 2 days. Saturday post is normal here.

That's great to know Scotland still has post on Saturdays, wish they could do that here in most Irish locations.

Oops forgot to let ye know, the recipient successfully got his figure last Monday. Admin please close thread :)

Advertisement