Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair Flight Change Fees

• 05-07-2020 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

I booked flights in June for travel in July. At the time Ryanair was advertising there would be no change fees for changes to July August flights.
    Given the recent announcement that there will be no green list until after the 20/7 and my flights are from 11/7 to 18/7, I want to change my flights to a date in August.

When I go through the change flights process on the website, the fare difference is small 50 quid, but there is a €260 euro flight change fee.

I know this is Ryanair I'm dealing with, but I understood 'no Flight change fees' to mean exactly that. What do I do, pay the fee and go throught the night mare that is customer service to try and reclaim it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Also from the Website;

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/travel-updates/articles/Ryanair-waives-flight-change-fee

Ryanair waives flight change fee
    05 Jul 2020 • 10:48
    Ryanair will waive its flight change fee for all customers who book to travel in July & August, allowing them to book their summer holidays with peace of mind in case their travel plans change.

Ryanair plans to operate over 1,000 daily flights from 1 July. In order to provide as much confidence and flexibility as possible, Ryanair is now offering customers the following option:

From 10 June, customers who book to travel in July & August will be able to move their flights with zero change fee to travel until the 31 Dec 2020.
    This flight date change will only apply to the route customers have already booked and trips must be completed before the 2020 year end.

I booked on 25 June, as I read it I shouldn't have to pay a flight change fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

njburke wrote: »
    Given the recent announcement that there will be no green list until after the 20/7 and my flights are from 11/7 to 18/7, I want to change my flights to a date in August.

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/promotion-waive-flight-change-fee/waive-flight-change-fee-terms-and-conditions

The free flight change is not available on changes made within 7 days of the departure date of the original flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

I'm in the same boat, I booked in June to fly in July. But due to governemt announcements my connecting flights has been changed. I tried changing them on Rynair but there is a 40e fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Thanks for the link antix80.
    I hadn't read the small print, outward leg is less than 7 days so hence the fee.

I'll wait til monday or tuesday to see what happens this political football.
    I had flights cancelled in March, was given a voucher which I used for July, it now looks like I need to pay the change fee for our next opportunity in August, again without any certainty that we won't require to self isolate on return. Both our jobs would insist on self isolation on return if thats the current advice.

Each change or rebook is putting me further into the hole for these flights, €324 to change to August , by then I'ld be a 1000 euros into flight with no guarantees.

Advertisement