Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EU Senior Individual Ch 2017 Barcelona, 11-21 Au

• 23-02-2017 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Players born in 1967 or earlier are eligible to compete in the FIDE European Senior Championships, to be held in a town about 20km north of Barcelona in August.
    I received the following reply to an enquiry from the ECU office.
    The dates published are definitive. We have transfer to Barcelona Airport to Sabadell official hotels.
    The tournament will played in Sabadell, very near from Barcelona. In public transportation, 20 minutes to Barcelona center.
    Yes. We have air conditioned in the playing hall.
    The regulations will sent to ECU on March, 6th. If we have your OK, we will published on March 10th.

This implies as usual nine rounds, with 11 and 21 August being the travel dates. Probably there will be two tournaments (50+ and 65+ with 31 Dec 2017 being qualifying date for the age groups) as I think that in the EU Seniors the women play in the same event as the men from their age group but have separate prizes.

NB: This event clashes with the second weekend of the Irish Championships.

The World Seniors Individual will be played in Acqui Terme, Italy, in November, the same venue as in 2015. As I was unhappy with several aspects of the organisation and facilities then, I shall probably not enter that event.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

Limerick or Barcelona ???? Um................Barcelona aquí vengo!! ¿Dónde puse mi sombrero y loción de bronceado?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Tim Harding

sodacat11 wrote: »
    Limerick or Barcelona ???? Um................Barcelona aquí vengo!! ¿Dónde puse mi sombrero y loción de bronceado?

Glad to know I can rely on you for translation when we are there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

Glad to know I can rely on you for translation when we are there!

Only if I have access to Google translate I'm afraid.

Advertisement