Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Kurn wrote: »
    does the mini box require a coax connection, does anyone know or is it wifi based?

- If you want linear channels except for RTE News Now you need an official Virgin Media Outlet box in each room.

nicelives wrote: »
    This is surreal, having held off for so long (my Sky contract finishing on Monday Aug 3rd) thinking the 360 box might be coming out this month I finally added TV to my broadband package on Tuesday. I did ask about the 360 box and the rep on WhatsApp said they hadn't a clue when the 360 box was going to be made available and the only box on offer was the Horizon.

I only got hold of the horizon box today and set it up this evening and then check the thread.

Why would a rep tell me they'd no idea when the 360 box was available when just over 24 hours later it's on their site.

I know I've the statutory 14 day cooling off period to return Horizon but why cause all this hassle.

The rep told you they had no idea because they probably had no idea.

Your timing couldnt have been much worse getting a Horizon box but it's not the reps fault.

Kevrano wrote: »
    Is there a new broadband hub too? The pic on the upgrade hub page has a pic of a new device

- Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭YellowBucket

To be fair to the rep, they only know what they know. They aren’t the marketing department and they just get trained up on new products as they arrive.

If you ordered something you can cancel it fairly easily within 14 days anyway under EU distance selling rules if it was ordered online or by phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

Delta2113 wrote: »

Your timing couldnt have been much worse getting a Horizon box but it's not the reps fault.
    To be fair to the rep, they only know what they know. They aren’t the marketing department and they just get trained up on new products as they arrive.

If you ordered something you can cancel it fairly easily within 14 days anyway under EU distance selling rules if it was ordered online or by phone.

Oh it's all good, the Virgin staff when you talk to them are lovely. Unfortunately though they couldn't transfer me over to the upgrade from broadband to tv offer as the computer said no. Cancelled so have the Horizon for another 30 days after which I'm told to throw it in the Weee skip rather than return it them which is strange for something brand new. It'll be grand, might try again soon.

Just a quick question regarding the V6 box interface, are the channels in the same order or is it possible to have the HD versions of some of the channels in more natural positions rather than hidden down further the dial after the SD ones?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

On the horizon box I just made all the HD channels my favourites.

You can set up profiles say for each household member. You could have a profile just say for all your subscribed sports channels or movie channels.

The box will boot up with whatever profile you want. Shared profile is the default one.

I would not throw out the Horizon box unless I had it in writing. You could get hit with a unreturned equipment charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

My box arrived yesterday with a parcel motel sticker to return the old box.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

+1 Don't Hate the Player

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

My box arrived yesterday with a parcel motel sticker to return the old box.

I was told to dispose of all the old equipment, which includes a Horizon box. I asked specifically what to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

- Yes.

So when you order the new box, you get a new hub with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kurn

Any pics or videos - anyone that has the new box? There's just the one on YouTube so far. Would be interested in the menus, recording screens, on demand interface etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

No more horizon boxes for new signups?

bennyl10 wrote: »
    So when you order the new box, you get a new hub with it?

- They may still be giving out the Compal modem which by the way is excellent.

- They may still be giving out the Compal modem which by the way is excellent.

Ya I’ve a compal at the moment was more out of curiosity

Have the new box due to come tomorrow, delighted to be rid of horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

Ya I’ve a compal at the moment was more out of curiosity

Have the new box due to come tomorrow, delighted to be rid of horizon

Will you have to pay €15 extra per month for the new V360 box or have I misread the VM online ad? Thanks.

I wasnt on any offer, so im paying an extra 7/8 euro, under a 10er, and its worth it to be rid of horizon in my books

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

I remember when the Horizon was introduced they were practically begging me to change to one but they seem so sure of the efficiency of the V360 box that they are able charge for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Thomas

The one useful thing about Horizon was that you didn’t need line of sight for the remote to work - how does 360 compare?

Cheers
    T

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Thomas wrote: »
    The one useful thing about Horizon was that you didn’t need line of sight for the remote to work - how does 360 compare?

Cheers
    T

its also a RF remote so no line of sight. its also smaller so can sit behind the telly etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 evostic

Enjoying my new fangled 360 box as we speak. Does anyone know if it is possible to enter pairing codes on the remote so that I may control the volume / power on my Hitachi TV as per previous Horizon box? The auto-pairing feature seems to be detecting a non existent Philips TV.... at least not at my address, I assume this is using Bluetooth.. or it could be detecting my Philips soundbar but I have since switched this off and still the system tells me it is paired with a Philips TV !

You can pair them at any time by holding down the “TV” ( to the right of the Home button) and “0” buttons for 10 seconds. The light on the front panel will flash and the remote should now be paired with the Virgin TV 360 box and TV.

You can pair them at any time by holding down the “TV” ( to the right of the Home button) and “0” buttons for 10 seconds. The light on the front panel will flash and the remote should now be paired with the Virgin TV 360 box and TV.
    Thanks, though this is not working for me from the TV pairing angle. Also tried my second 360 box with a new Sharp TV, it says it is paired but Volume and Power buttons do nothing. Could really do with being able to enter the coded the old way I think, unless I’m missing something !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

I ordered mine on Thursday. One email confirming then nothing. I guess there are backlogs. Anyone else waiting.....

I ordered mine on Thursday. One email confirming then nothing. I guess there are backlogs. Anyone else waiting.....

ordered friday, came just over lunch...

I'd almost follow up with VM

evostic wrote: »
    Thanks, though this is not working for me from the TV pairing angle. Also tried my second 360 box with a new Sharp TV, it says it is paired but Volume and Power buttons do nothing. Could really do with being able to enter the coded the old way I think, unless I’m missing something !
    Solved. There is an option in Settings called “Pair remote sound system” that also allows pairing of the TV (though it is not obvious). Everything working really sweetly now, one remote controls everything, er just like Sky !

That's great to hear evostic. Thanks for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Only set my 360 up this afternoon and it's great. So much quicker.
    Just have a single profile setup with only the channels we are interested in.
    Navigation is quick and even the source select button seems so much quicker to use on the same TV.
    Not tried any other features yet but happy with the general responsiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭coolperson05

Hey,

Just signed up to virgin media at start of July. Full house package 75 for 6months I think - anyway I can upgrade to this? Hate horizon! But it’s a big jump to
    105 for the 360 ad shown online? Anyone keep their discount for 6 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

ordered friday, came just over lunch...

I'd almost follow up with VM

Ordered Friday,still waiting,was told I'd have it Tuesday with 24hr delivery.Still nothing Wednesday,got no email either.Will ring tomorrow if still nothing.

Advertisement