Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Could Transferwise Business be used for a LTD company?

• 12-04-2021 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Any IT contractors on here? Or anyone that's got a LTD company and used online banks (Revolut etc), transfer companies instead of the traditional banks.

Anyone used Transferwise Borderless Business account for their "banking" for their company? Can it be used or does the business account have to be in an Irish bank.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Maidia

ulster wrote: »
    Any IT contractors on here? Or anyone that's got a LTD company and used online banks (Revolut etc), transfer companies instead of the traditional banks.

Anyone used Transferwise Borderless Business account for their "banking" for their company? Can it be used or does the business account have to be in an Irish bank.

I use Wise for my LTD and have no problems with it my accountant recommended to me and revenue accepted it as bank account with no problems.
    And since I use USD/EUR currency having WISE is the best thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭ulster

Maidia wrote: »
    I use Wise for my LTD and have no problems with it my accountant recommended to me and revenue accepted it as bank account with no problems.
    And since I use USD/EUR currency having WISE is the best thing ever.

How did you notify revenue about it. Did your accountant do it on your behalf?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Maidia

ulster wrote: »
    How did you notify revenue about it. Did your accountant do it on your behalf?

My accountant did all since you/accountant need to add your bank number for payments/refund and WISE IBAN is Belgian so we first thought it's gonna be a problem but we got confirmation that everything is good.

It took like 5-7 days to be verified from the Wise side and send company papers so they can confirm it's all legal.

You get IBAN and credit card and you can use Wise same as any other Irish bank account.

Advertisement