Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Debub wrote: »
    I was wondering about this as well myself

The 2018 model is well able to handle wind. The 2020 model weighs in at 765g, and is rated for resisting wind speeds of up to 50kph. I've seen some early videos in what looked like pretty solid wind and it looked very steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Did anyone order one with premium care? I can't seem to find an item or option for it on Banggood.
    It was an option, but seemingly very limited. I contacted and asked them, but they were unsure if it would be available again before the offer ended.

I bought without. I think if anyone got it with premium care, they were very lucky.

If anyone got it with Fimi Care and the 'luck of the draw' $299 price they were extremely lucky :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Debub wrote:
    I was wondering about this as well myself

NUTZZ wrote:
    The 2018 model is well able to handle wind. The 2020 model weighs in at 765g, and is rated for resisting wind speeds of up to 50kph. I've seen some early videos in what looked like pretty solid wind and it looked very steady.

Yep, extremely impressive drone for the money

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭garyskeepers

NUTZZ wrote: »
    So the preorder competition is taking place now on Banggood and apparently I've been selected as a winner! :pac: I'll be getting the drone for $299 (€270 hopefully).][/url]

Discontinued?

Discontinued?

The preorder competition? You were eligible if you preordered the drone between April 1st and 30th.

• Advertisement

Suckit since you're da man for the bargains, wheres the cheapest place I can pick up a 64GB micro SD card for the drone

Thanks buddy
    Just seeing this now. I use the same card Tedpan linked to, I bought two 128GB from a seller on ebay for €15 each, they were OOS shortly after, I would have bought more after using them. They haven't come back. This drone takes 128GB according to some users, even though 64GB is recommended max.
    Amazon Germany has the 128GB for €19.79 each (€22.30 delivered)
    and the
    64GB version for €9.30 each (€11.80 delivered)

They are also on amazon uk for £20.07 (€25.20) each, but not expected in stock until 10th of May

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

What's the range like on these?? I know fimi state 8km but how does CE effect it

Redriddick wrote:
    What's the range like on these?? I know fimi state 8km but how does CE effect it

It would be close to what Fimi state. Although not legal in Ireland, you need line of site.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Winnieacre

Hi
    Just came across this now as I'm looking to buy one as a gift for himself. Price is now €389 + €12 for shipping with delivery date of 14th June. Showing as 5258 pre-orders!!

Realistically does that mean it would be closer to July before I get it?
    Also storage bag and SD card complete all he would need to get started? It's his first drone ...

Thanks

Winnie

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭J_V_C

Still rockin' with my c**k out with this awesome piece o' kit. Planning a trip Wescht just as soon as Corona goes away. Will post a sequence if I get my sh*t together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

Winnieacre wrote: »
    Hi
    Just came across this now as I'm looking to buy one as a gift for himself. Price is now €389 + €12 for shipping with delivery date of 14th June. Showing as 5258 pre-orders!!

Also storage bag and SD card complete all he would need to get started? It's his first drone ...

Thanks

Winnie

Hard to tell for the delivery date.
    Yes SD card and a bag will get it going, maybe a spare battery would be another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭The Gibmiester

Winnieacre wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

Winnie

€370 inc. shipping with coupon code BGFIMIX8SE20.

Or use BGTT10 or BGHONEY10 or BGFIMICN2020 Not sure which gives the biggest discount.

and Topcashback - https://www.topcashback.co.uk/banggood/

My estimated shipping date has been put back to June 15th.
    I might cancel.

EDIT - Got offered 100BG points for the delay which isn't really worth anything. I'll be looking out for a promo elsewhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Suckit wrote: »
    My estimated shipping date has been put back to June 15th.
    I might cancel.

EDIT - Got offered 100BG points for the delay which isn't really worth anything. I'll be looking out for a promo elsewhere :D

Mine's changed from May 15th to May 30th.

I'm gonna start holding my breath for delivery on that date. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Mine's changed from May 15th to May 30th.

I'm gonna start holding my breath for delivery on that date. :P

Still May 15th for me. Ordered on Apr 19th. Fingers crossed! 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

garion wrote: »
    Still May 15th for me. Ordered on Apr 19th. Fingers crossed! 🀞

Ordered on the 17th Apr, still showing as May 15th thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Ordered on the 24th april

Despatch date still showing as 15th may for me

Mine is still showing a shipping date of 15/05/2020, for the moment. People have started receiving their drones in various countries.

Here's an unboxing and footage from the 2020 version, not the greatest video but it's something.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭pete6296

Hi,
    Has anybody received there fimi, looking to purchase

• Advertisement

pete6296 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Has anybody received there fimi, looking to purchase

More than likely not, most of us have pre-ordered to avail of the offer and the earliest shipping date was May 15th. Some people in other countries have just starting receiving theirs, mostly from the China warehouse, we've all ordered from the Spain warehouse.

Thanks, there was one for sale in the midlands over the weekend. 2020 version, seller had it for a few months. From reading on here it looks like it must have been 2018 model?

I am looking at Fimi or mavic mini, looks like mavics range a lot less?
    Thanks

pete6296 wrote:
    I am looking at Fimi or mavic mini, looks like mavics range a lot less? Thanks

Different league, the mini is far more portable, but the way the Fimi flies and camera setup is closer to a a mavic air or mavic pro.
    pete6296 wrote:
    Thanks, there was one for sale in the midlands over the weekend. 2020 version, seller had it for a few months. From reading on here it looks like it must have been 2018 model?
    Definitely not the 2020 version.

tedpan wrote: »
    Different league, the mini is far more portable, but the way the Fimi flies and camera setup is closer to a a mavic air or mavic pro.

When you say Different League, are you saying Fimi has a better range?

The range and technology are far superior to the mini in terms of connectivity, but not really relevant as you need to keep the drone in line of sight.

The Fimi is a larger, more substantial drone, which means it's stable in the air and can handle wind much better.

The camera setup and flight time is where they're closest in spec and performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Will price on banggood increase if not pre ordered do ye reckon?

pete6296 wrote:
    Will price on banggood increase if not pre ordered do ye reckon?

I'm guessing the drone will sell between $400-$500 when it's fully released. Based on how the original mi drone sold over the past few years. Even at $500, it's a serious bit of kit.

Will probably be in the same price bracket as the Hubsan Zino 2, that had an exclusive launch earlier this year very cheap, similar to this, but that one went very badly for many that tried to buy it. Some are still waiting since Feb/March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

so buy now or face higher prices in a month or so....?

i was playing around with a parrott ar drone 2.0 last night and had good fun with it so nearly ready to jump the gun on this...

Advertisement