Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tindie Recently seen horror movies!

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Clown 2014

Finally saw this , I heard nothing but really good reviews for this movie , so
    I had to check it out what the fuss was about

before I start , I never really found clowns That scary at all.

I really liked the fact that movie didn't waste time and get right into the business
    .In the frist 3 mins of movie.

I thought it was great idea , that the tranformation into clown was slowly happening in stead
    From straight away. which makes the movie feel for tense.

When the clown was fully transformed, I thought the make up effects were great
    actually made him look really scary.

There was skme bloody kills in this but I think most were implied and then shownen the after math of deaths .

By the end I actually felt sad , I actually felt sorry for Keith more then anything, it just
    that was so unfair.

the only bad things I can say about this movie was there really no need for sub plot
    Which is only mention twice as it was pointless and did not add anything to the movie

Also I felt some of the script felt a bit weak in some places , mainly in the calm scene.

The acting was really from most of the cast

8 out of 10

Seem a few movies

Echoes 2014

When I saw the trailer for this movie , I thought it looked really creepy and but now I wish I didn't see the trailer before the movie

As I was watching the movie , I felt like already seen half of it as the trailer show's most of creepy parts in the movie

however there are some turns in the plot , which did confuse me for a while but in the end most of the movie is very predicable

There are one or two were still tad creepy but those scenes are in the trailer

The acting was okay but there were poor acting in some parts of the movie

5 out of 10

Nightlight 2015

This is yet another one of those found footage movies and another that is set in the woods

well we have a number of kids heading into wards woods to play night light.

Well I never herd of that game before, you know story,.

The kids are having fun , playing games and for while and soon then later , they all end up getting separated and bad things start to happen to then.

This movie need to be lot a clear , what heck was going, I did really no what was actually happens not that it was dark or anything,

I was not to sure if it was ghost , wild animal or what ever at times and why ever it was , you don't really get see much of it at all.

I did not like how the movie was edited as it felt like spent too much time on just two people and they met they maker and then they decide to show other two people we had not see for about 30 min

I assumed they dead way before they reappeared as they were off screen for far to long.

Well the main thing , this movie adds nothing new, found footage , same old same old.

The acting was not that good either

4 out of10

The pact 2 2014
    i don't know why I watched it , I did not even like the first one.

This movie is really forgettable , I saw it about two week ago and I am trying hard think what i remember from the movie

I know that it was even worse then the first movie , which was a least watchable but this is not

I found the movie really boring and I didn't find any of the movie creepy or scary what so ever

The movie could not have been more predilection then it was , you now what going on screen the whole time

even twist but it not really a twist or more turn but still you could see coming a mile away .

The acting was really poor from all the cast

The only thing I did like was one scene , which thought decent but still could have been a lot better 2 out of 10

Prom Ride 2015

Person filming there Prom , there also ctv in the limo

For me this movie started off to glee(ly) , that singing and dancing scene went on for to long
    and they time get ready for the prom

Then there limo gets hijacked and messing around with them , tells them to do things or be killed

Few secrets come out and some friends started turn on each other

this was a odd movie, I found some parts watchable others not
    and I say about the acting

4 out of 10

Private Number (2014)

A series of cryptic phone messages and visions haunt a writer while he struggles to finish a novel. As they increase in intensity, he loses his grip on reality, eventually obsessing

this movie didn't not take long to get going and it flowed really well , movie felt really fast pace ,

There was good scene in this movie , that I really enjoyed and thought there they were a tad creepy

I liked how the plot came to an end , I enjoyed turn in story but it did cross mind in the part of the movie, that he might lead that way.

I thought acting was very decent from the cast

7 out of 10 really good movie

Beautiful People (2014)

This actually felt too horror theam put in to one , it like funny games meet night of the living dead

This actually felt too horror theam put in to one , it like funny games meet night of the living dead

The movie start of typical home invasion movie , normal same old and same old stuff
    But this time, the home they invaded belongs to rich doctor , who was doing some secret experiment in
    the room downstairs , which is kind of lab.

Turns out the doctors had these zombies locked up down there and they were let out.
    and that when it turns into zombie movie

The acting was decent in the movie , I liked how the plot came to end.

There were things that did annoy me , I didn't see the point of kid in the movie , he wasn't even in that much ,

the only reason they had him in the movie was , for one of the last scenes in the movie , which puzzled me even more

6 out of 10 good movie

Judas Ghost (2013)

A team of professional ghost finders are trapped in an old village hall. The haunting they set out to investigate turns out to be far worse than they anticipated

I thought this was going to be a full on rip off grave encounters but thankfully it was not, I am sure that grave encounter may have inspired this movie in some parts.

I love the fact the whoLe movie in just in that one room, with hauting ,the way they keep you clued to the screen , really clever with a lot things happen in that .

I enjoyed the humour added to the movie , it make feel more fun and enjoyable.

I didn't find the movie scary but I did really like the darkness scene , with I thought was really creepy.

The acting from the whole was great.

I going to give 8 our of 10

Great movie

I can't believe it been 3 months since I last posted here

Movies I have seen since then
    Hooked Up 2015 odd movie 5 out of 10
    Zombie cats from mars one of the best worst movies 4 out of 10
    It's follows great movie 9 out of 10
    Area 51 fast forward to the end 3 out of 10
    Poltergeist 2015 bland remake 3 out of 10
    Insidous 3 my fav of the series 8 out 10
    1480 rewatch 7 out of 10
    Son of frankenstein 1939 weakest of the series 6 out of 10
    The ghost of frankenstein 1942 fun watch 8 out of 10
    The invisble man 1933 good movie 7 out of 10

Hellmouth 2015 don't know what to say
    Rinnie

Wolf blood 1925 This was really good decent drama , someone told me it was horror

As it was really first kind werewolf movie however there no actually were wolf in the movie

A man thinks he is turning into werewolf after being injected by wolf blood.

After he was beaten up and left for death But start to thing he belongs with pack of wolves

After hearing that peolpe who attacked him have been killed and mauled by animal

7 out of 10

The raven 1935

What to say about this movie

The movie dose not take long to get going as it was so want short , the movie flows really well

Surgeon wax one hell of crazy person,

Some of the scenes for back then would have being shocked few people ,

These days it might look a bit out dated for new horror fans and I liked how

the plot came to end Even thought I found it a bit predicable but still Really good

7 out of 10

The jade mask 1945

I liked the sound the plot, mystery house movie

People were being killed one by one but we had to figure out who the killer is

The movie was a lot more funny then scary, as there were really fun y moments, that made me laugh out

When the killer attacks we never we only see , when there is death we only get to see the after math

Soon fingers are pointed at each other but who the really killer

I was disappointing who the killer was in the end but its not all want it seemed

I give this 5 out of 10

Santan's triangle 1975 TV

didn't know what to expect from this movie but sounded like good TV movie

I think it started of OK at the start as the movie went on

I was getting a bit bored now and again

Liked how they explained how the peolpe died in the movie and the turn or twist or what ever you want call it

I thought that twist was really good but it did cross my mind during but I dismissed it.

Cool ending , decent TV movie

Not scary or anything but still so what enjoyable

With some decent acting for a TV movie (much better acting in this then TV movies these days )

5 out of 10

Wild beast 1985 The water supply for a large city zoo becomes contaminated with PCP, and the animals go crazy and get loose.

I can't believe I never even heard of this movie before this week, these creature Feature was great

We had tigers, bear , elephants , Bulls , dogs , rats all going crazy And killing.

There were some gory moments in this.

I really like how the movie came to end as the story kind of to turn and That was so want intense.

Loved this movie, I can not believe I have not seen it before

9 out of 10

Frankenstein meets the wolf men 1943

I didn't think it was as good as I expected to be

I thought it started off really well but as the movie went on.

I felt like something was missing from previous 2 movies for both series

I didn't really like how the movie ended far to quick for me , I felt like they a least could of done a bit of aftermath

I was not impressed with the fight scence , I was looking forward to that see but guess now away day it look a bit tame

5 out of 10

Dracula 1931

II did expected to be a bit better then it was, I still think it was really good movie

I liked the fact the movie didn't take long to get going.

There were some decent creepy scenes in this movie , which I thought were really good and I found bit sure al at times
    I really enjoyed the mirror scence ,

What I didn't like was that they showed how they killed the vampire and the movie far to quick and
    felt liked the rushed the ending

Decent for the time

7 out of 10

The gallows

Watch the teaser Trailer and you are done with the movie 2 out of the 10

The ABCs of Death 2
    I didn't really first one that much, tell you truth , can't remember, none of story as lasting impact.

Thankfully I am not about say the same about this movie, As I thought this sequel was much better then first

There were a lot more story I liked and some of them are really memorable

The last two X and Z was great fun to watch

X was amazing and very funny loved every second of that and as for z

Honly crap, that was utter gross and gory , women pregnant for 13 years lol just ace.

Those were are one few I really liked and there a lot others , I really enjoy to.

There were really bad one here and there.

6 out of 10 actually I give 7 our of 10

Harbinger Down 2015

I only heard of this movie on Friday afternoon , I checked out the trailer

The trailer looked really good and it did remind me of the thing, which Is one of my all time favourite movies ever

I just seen this movie, I thought the movie did not take long to going Whinch one of things u liked in this movie

I really enjoyed some 80 effects in thus movie, I prefer those effects then normal over the top effects we get to see these days.

This was sure inspired by thing to me it felt little too similar.

This movie was no near as great as the thing.

To me where cracks stared to show were some parts of the script, I felt like some of things they were just really odd.

I also felt the actors them felt same and he those scenes , we're the script was wake , I felt those acting scenes were really forced And very wood at time

I am going to give this movie 5 out of 10

The Taking of Deborah Logan
    Finally seen this movie ,

Let's just say , I didn't expect to see what I saw from this movie It really surprised me

This movie starts of little slow just like all the others found footage movie , Thankfully this move it up a gear.

I found the movie flowed really well , there were some decent scary jump scene that actually Work

The atmosphere in this movie was great,

It's nothing really new but somehow this movie , keeps on edge of your seat

I liked the fact , there were not just based in one place .

I liked how the story came to end but the last scene (which I saw coming )

Could have been a little more scary then it , i still smiled at the end .

Really enjoyed that movie.

7 out of 10

The den
    Not really sure what to make of it, I thought it was a really good idea

Some of the videos were really funny and a bit of over the top

I liked first video thought it was funny.

I liked how the movie flowed really well

There were some decent tense moments in this movie and there were some scenes that will make you Jump here and there

Some decent acting in this movie,

One thing I didn't get was the last scenes , I must of mass something cause I dint understand

Bad building
    liked the plot of the movie , its not found footage movie, which I thought it was going to be.

I liked the back story of the movie, of the building, the intro took about give mins , which felt long As the mivie is only 75 mi long

The movie starts with boss was giving group of TV show one last chance

So they go to haunted building, that messing around with them and killing of one by one

There were one or two things I liked about this movie but those are over shadowed by the bad stuff

I liked the really bad acting from most of group, mainly the main lead role, he was the worst actor of the bunch

And the cgi effects in this movie were the worst I have ever seen, it was bad it looked like a really bad cartoon.

I did like the deaths scenes in this movie some were a tad gory

It far from being one of being one worst m9vie I have seen but it's had its moments here and there

4 out of 10

• Advertisement

The Boogey Man (1980)

I never this movie before however I did see the Bogey man 2 , years ago, I actually had it on DVD For some odd reason ( well I don't were that DVD went, I couldn't care less)

As second one was full of the flashback , so I felt like I seen this movie already.

The movie did start of a bit to much like Halloween and music was tad same with little twig to it

I liked the how the evil mirror force used random things to kill them one by one And now days the way they are really funny

The deaths scene in the movie make the feel more out dated then rest of the movie

The acting was decent for this kind of movie

5 our of 10

The unseen 1980

This was odd movie ,

There 3 girls calls who calls them self's the rat pack

Then come to do story about festival, but all the whole town is booked and they ended up going To another town

This man let's them start in his home, the wife was not happy about it at all

The movie is very predicable from the word go and it is really slowly moving at times

But the movie pack a pinch here and there , there were decent tense moments

But I expected it the thing a bit Scarry then it actually was.

The deaths were some week way to he killed

I didn't like the head less chicken parts , that was hard to Watch

The acting was really good and bit over the top in some parts of the movie

Which will make you laugh out loud

5 out of 10

Mother's day 1980

I know watch this once before but been a long time

Today I felt liked I watched for first time

The movie was really cheesy , a little To much I didn't think it was that good

I felt like some parts of drag ,

I felt Like every one started to annoy me In some parts of the movie I found the deaths to blah, I know early 80, If felt a bit out dated

I liked the last scene of the movie , that Really. Funny!

4 out of 10 worth watching

The godsend 1980

I wasn't sure what to expect of this movie But I enjoyed it

I found the girl to cute to evil but boy was one evil girl, but hers eyes scenes got really annoying At times

The plot was a little , girl been adopted into family , with number of kids

There others kids starts to killed of one by one years apart for skme odd reason

We only get to see the aftermath of the deaths I liked one strange scence ,

which really wearied but great to watch

6 out of 10

The children 1980

The children 1980 this was re watch

I had not seen it for while

It was not as good as remembered it before,

I liked the story of the movie but I would have found the kids a lot more scary if they looked evil and don't

Black finger nails were that scary

But I did like the kill scenes there were really fun to watch .

Also I didn't really like how slow they reacted to the news even thought the movie was face paced and not boring , it such Felt like they were reacting in slow motion and I actually shouted at the mo ie To hurry up

I found the end both funny and predicable ,

5 out of 10

Terror train 1980

Terror train 1980

It start of number of teens getting drunk and having party on new years eve but Then a prank goes wrong

I thought prank seen looked a little out dated now ( I wish we saw mire if it )!

A fews years have gone by and these same kid's go party train

There is a lot of party and talking but I didn't find it had much horror

The kiss were far to apart in the movie but we do get see magic person

Sone of characters were very moody , for most of the movie

There some bloody moments in this movie, will some kills , don't really Get to see Them killed but we did see the after math of Death

Even they tired to twist and turn but didn't work me as I knew who the killer was from the middle Lol

5 out of 10

Zombie Holocaust (1980) I saw this earlier in the week, I never really heard of the movie Before the pass weekend

So I gave it Watch and I did not expect much of here I thought Was cash in on zombie series

I liked the fact the movie disn't take long to get going And movie was really fast pace as you never get bored

I was really surprised how gory this movie was , which I did not Expect at all , loved those scenes

The were a few things that bugged me, it was that some scence it felt like they took forever to react to the situation, I just found really annoying.

So annoying that I actually shouted at them to hurry the beep up

I thought acting was really good for the movir

7 out of 10

Zombie flesh Easter's aka zombI 2 1979

I have seen this movie a few times but this was the first on DVD , which I got for just 75p , I could not say no to that.

I watched this early today and I was clued to screen , the movie Flowed really well

I actually like the zombie wax actually kind of scary looking in thus movie

The make up effects in this was outstanding and really like how they cone back from the dead very slowly

I found scene very tense.

There were great gory moments in this movie and one scene you never get And now known for one of the best horror deaths of all time

That deaths scene will make you turn you away from scene and hide behind your hands

The acting in this movie was great and the ending of the movie was The icing on the cake

9 out of 10

Zombie's at christmas 2011

This is also known asA Cadaver Christmas (2011)
    When I saw cover for this movie, I thought was going To be having a zombie santa on are hands , I thought cover Was a bit misleading

This was not best indie , I have not seen many indie recently , it been while since if seen one

For me , I found this movie to been really funny at times,

Maybe I am easily pleased with humour, mi don't but I did laugh a numeet of times thought the movie

There were so e silly jokes that do not work at all but that grouped Worked really well together.

I did enjoy some of gory zombie deaths not bad for low bugget indie m9vie

The acting is was good for this kind of movie.

5 our of 10

The lift 1983
    was not sure what to expect of this movie

As I know it must of be well liked as there was remake of this movie , which will also give a go later on

I did on't like how the lift turned evil, it was bit bland ( for nower days compared to it was in the 80s

I did feel the movie felt outdated in some places.

What I liked about the movie , there were some very gory deaths in thus movie

Fun for the gore fans but I thought would have had a bit more tense scenes

I didn't really like how the story came to end or the m9vie And the last death far to funny to take serous

I am going to give 5 out of 10

Down 2001
    This also known as shaft 2001 this is a remake of the the de lift movie

For this movie to half's, I liked the fact did lost stuff very different then the original

And I liked how they kept some of original scenes

I liked the first half of the movie was really fun to watch, I liked opening scenes a lot better then de lift from 1983

And really when the lift kill people,

I thought that scenes were lift floor open and people fall,

I thought that was great scenes But they had to go ruin it by the whole terrorist thing, I think

That was really bad idea to add that into this story But I did enjoy the scenes, m when the lift came to end

I going to start my 50 days halloween challenge 2015

Day 1
    The rats 1984

Day 2
    The sentinel
    Ghost story

Day 3
    Inferno

The Toxic Avenger Part III: The Last Temptation of Toxie (1989)

I saw the other two about 2 years ago, so I thought it time to give the others sequels ago

I enjoyed the frist , I thought it so bad that it good but the seconds one , It was just bad.

This one I found a bit more fun , it was so over the top , the whole movie was just silly.
    But it was fun watch.

There were some decent gory or better word would be gooey

Not as good as the first but better then the second.

5 out of 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Part 4 is the best one, fantastic fun.

• Advertisement

Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV (2000)

This was the fourth movie In the series , I did not expect much of this , no way did I think it going to be better
    Then part 3

I didn't like this movie , I loved this movie , I actually this is the best in series

Loved action packed frist forty minutes , loved the gory stuff , this next level and
    He was by the funniest of them all.

Small Spoiler , I can't not metion, the scence with thr unborn babies fighting in womb
    Was so , I can't find a word for it.

It was fun movie wstch.

7 out of 10

Uncaged 2016
    A sleepwalking teen straps a camera to himself and discovers a sinister family secret.

It did take me a while get into this movie , I don't thunk acting helped at all.

But the second part of the movie , I found more enjoyable, I felt like the acting was better or that got i used to there acting.

For independent movie , I thought the tranformation wss surprisely good , it nothing mind blowing or anything ,

It was a lot better then I thought it was going to be.

There over the top sub plot with gangeter plot mixed into this movie for some odd reason.

There were some funny jokes here and there, which did make me laugh at time however there were times I thought
    The script was a bit weak.

Overall it's a worth watching
    5/10

sinister 2 (2015)

Finally, saw this last night.
    I was not a fan of the first movie, so I did not expect much from it.

I thought the movie, had the same feel as the original, (well the first part of the movie) with a bit more action added to this movie.

The second half of the movie, it got really messy, it felt like they rushed it.

I found subplot of the crazy dad, so pointless.

I enjoy some of scace scence, which I thought worked but the last one, which I was actually waiting for, I did expect it to be as funny asit was.
    Those scace scences DON'T work

5 out of 10 , Same as the first

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Just watched Don't Look Now with Donald Sutherland & Julie Christie. Its as unsettling a film as I've ever seen! On a par with Rosemarys Baby for sheer freakiness! Well worth a watch. Now how am I going to sleep tonight!

I just re-watch the Scream series
    I had not seem then for a while

Scream (1996)

The opening, is still one best scenes in the whole, when the mother screams, that sends die my back

Now , I felt parts seem a bit outdated and some acting seem a bit corny at times

Which I never noticed before.

The rest of the movie was great
    I still enjoyed it.

8 out of 10.

Scream 2 (1997).

This as always been my favourite as I saw this first before part 1 .

I loved the opening , what I found scary, was that the whole cinema was packed and yet no one knew that Someone waa get killed right in front of them.

I loved every second of this movie
    , it aged better then part 1 , none of it seem outdated

10/10

Scream 3 (2000)

Something felt little off with this,

You can tell the by the opening scene and it felt a lot weaker then the previous two.

Didn't like the fact they added dreams into this, to make it look spooky,, it just didn't really fit in.

I can't believe I didn't know who the killer was the first time I watched, there so many clues

The parts of the movie, the cast looked a bit bored.

The weakest in series. but it a not a bad movie
    5 out of 10

Scream 4 (2011)
    I really enjoyed it,

I think it fit in perfectly with the rest of the series and i found it a lot more fun then 3rd movie in the series.

The only downside was that, it did not feel darker then others movie , the other seem tad more darker,

they did make this a little bit too funny as the other movies had dark humor,

This felt like a bit of a comedy at times.

It was great have old cast back and the new cast were really good as well,

When i first saw this movie, I had no idea who the killer was, I was thinking it someone else!, It did shock me at first but in the end in kind a of made sense for that person to be the killer!

Overall , I give this movie 7 out of 10

Seen a few Netflix movies

The Doll ( 2016) and The Doll 2 (2017)

Both enjoyedable movies

Part 1 was decent, average killer doll and posseion movie but I liked why the doll wanted revenge.

There could have been a lot shower

Part 2 was even longer,
    This was a really rushed sequel but didn't have same impact at the first

Felt they up.action up bit more and didn't how they curved the story a little

5/10 I enjoyed them

Incarnate (2016)

This is a lot different from the average possession movies

I loved plot , great idea but I don't think they used to fullest potential
    They could of done so much more with this.

6 out of 10 really good

The Babysitter (2017)

I had this on my list for a while, now I understand why it's been compared to Better Watch Out (2016) (need to give that re-watch) in some way.

I think the movie dose try to hard to make it funny but the joke fall flat most of time.

I enjoyed the kills were decent
    Only parts I really liked it.

Ending the predictable and the acting was mix bag

There was no need for that mid credit scene

4 out of 10 worth watching

I think enjoyed Better Watch Out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mongoose_Bike

Tindie wrote: »
    I just re-watch the Scream series
    I had not seem then for a while

Scream (1996)

The opening, is still one best scenes in the whole, when the mother screams, that sends die my back

Now , I felt parts seem a bit outdated and some acting seem a bit corny at times

Which I never noticed before.

The rest of the movie was great
    I still enjoyed it.
    8 out of 10.

Scream 2 (1997).

This as always been my favourite as I saw this first before part 1 .

I loved the opening , what I found scary, was that the whole cinema was packed and yet no one knew that Someone waa get killed right in front of them.

I loved every second of this movie
    , it aged better then part 1 , none of it seem outdated

10/10

Scream 3 (2000)

Something felt little off with this,

You can tell the by the opening scene and it felt a lot weaker then the previous two.

Didn't like the fact they added dreams into this, to make it look spooky,, it just didn't really fit in.

I can't believe I didn't know who the killer was the first time I watched, there so many clues

The parts of the movie, the cast looked a bit bored.

The weakest in series. but it a not a bad movie
    5 out of 10

Scream 4 (2011)
    I really enjoyed it,

I think it fit in perfectly with the rest of the series and i found it a lot more fun then 3rd movie in the series.

The only downside was that, it did not feel darker then others movie , the other seem tad more darker,

they did make this a little bit too funny as the other movies had dark humor,

This felt like a bit of a comedy at times.

It was great have old cast back and the new cast were really good as well,

When i first saw this movie, I had no idea who the killer was, I was thinking it someone else!, It did shock me at first but in the end in kind a of made sense for that person to be the killer!

Overall , I give this movie 7 out of 10

Yeah, really great!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Planning to watch Hush.

Advertisement