Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garmin 1000 and etap

• 01-05-2018 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Any idea how I set up my Garmin to recognise etap. According to the Sram website I just need to connect the Garmin to my pc and Garmin Express and download the latest software update for the device. I've done that and cant see an etap icon anywhere in settings

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Muckers wrote: »
    Any idea how I set up my Garmin to recognise etap. According to the Sram website I just need to connect the Garmin to my pc and Garmin Express and download the latest software update for the device. I've done that and cant see an etap icon anywhere in settings

Would it be included under sensors?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

godtabh wrote: »
    Would it be included under sensors?

I wish it was. But no sign of it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

To begin on the Garmin, go into the sensors menu and search for ‘Shifting:
    Press your eTAP shift buttons a few times to ensure the system is awake, and within a second or two the Garmin will find it and show the ANT+ ID:
    Next you can open up the sensor and rename it
    Further, by going into settings you can select your gearing configuration. This ensures that subsequent displays are correct, as well as recorded data.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

jamesd wrote: »
    To begin on the Garmin, go into the sensors menu and search for ‘Shifting:
    Press your eTAP shift buttons a few times to ensure the system is awake, and within a second or two the Garmin will find it and show the ANT+ ID:
    Next you can open up the sensor and rename it
    Further, by going into settings you can select your gearing configuration. This ensures that subsequent displays are correct, as well as recorded data.

Thanks for that. I'll have a go at that. Do all 4 etap devices ie both shifters and both derailleurs pair individually to the Garmin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

Did this work for you ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement