Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolmine community school

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Luttrell1975

Would anyone have a pair of boys coolmine school trousers (size 32/34 lenght 32) going a begging?/ or are willing to sell cheaply?

My son's ones zip has broken - I have tried to replace it but am not that good a seamstress - and at 55 euro I am reluctant to purchase new ones - he is doing the leaving next year ! So will probably stop attending from around april anyway.

Just curious, did your son spoil his trousers on that horrible wall that most kids have to climb on the way to CCC? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 clonhead

just found this forum by mistake....interesting stuff! graduated 07/08, loved it there! i thought most of the teachers were dead on! thought vera craven was a legend....heard she retired this year :(

ya there were a lot of younger (hotter) teachers in the last two years! mostly fairly sound actually. a couple of hot male teachers too.......there was a mr gaffney...mmmm, and mr rooney too mmmmmm! lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Hah nice to see whats happnin' after you leave isn't it Clonhead.. Mrs. Creaven was the biggest legend ever hah This yeah theres a whole load of new "hot" teachers haha you should come back in .. well after the new extention is finished.. =]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

When's that extension gonna be done...?

It's a pain in the hole having to walk all the wat around to B all the time.

Just before I forget does anybody know Mr. O'Cionnaith?

When I came in in first year we had him for irish for about 3 months, then he just disappeared. The stories he told us were brilliant.

Does anybody know him...? Or what happened to him...?

• Advertisement

Not a clue what happened to Mr O Cionnaith...
    extention as I've heard was supposed to be done some time close to february but fat chance of that happening.. I'd say the building may be nearly done.. but with this snow?! lol..

Going to B is a pain.. but concidering we're suppost to be goiong out A its even more of a pain.. haha :P

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I was wondering what was going on when I was walking past yesterday. There was supposed to be an entire new building by the time I was in 5th year. That'd be 6 and half years ago.

Not too sure about that building but there is the new extension being built out the back if that's what your talking about.

And just to let everyone know my ma got a text from the school and it is definitely closed until Monday 11th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Coolmine school is closed tomorrow and friday because of the weather. Teachers have it soooo good!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Gaspode wrote: »
    Coolmine school is closed tomorrow and friday because of the weather. Teachers have it soooo good!! :)

No it's not - it's closed because the heating is not working. Not sure if this is part of teacher's working conditions. Seems more like one of those things that might happen to any place of work unoccupied for a few weeks during freezing conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

JoePie wrote: »
    I was wondering what was going on when I was walking past yesterday. There was supposed to be an entire new building by the time I was in 5th year. That'd be 6 and half years ago.

I'd imagine this is a case of governement funding not being available rather than the school not remembering to do the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Powerhouse wrote: »
    No it's not - it's closed because the heating is not working..

Heating never worked properly even back in the 1970's when the place was brand spanking new:(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Meh I know office workers who were sent home from work because the heating wouldn't work and because the weather was too bad. No one should be expected to endanger themselves to get to work, or to work in buildings that aren't heated. My school is open tomorrow though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

janeybabe wrote: »
    Meh I know office workers who were sent home from work because the heating wouldn't work and because the weather was too bad. No one should be expected to endanger themselves to get to work, or to work in buildings that aren't heated. My school is open tomorrow though.

I've been in all week with no heat until today. Dont spoil my fun Janey, I like slagging teachers, it's one of the few avenues of pleasure left to me these days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've been in all week with no heat until today. Dont spoil my fun Janey, I like slagging teachers, it's one of the few avenues of pleasure left to me these days :D

:D I feel your pain. I've been wearing my coat and scarf in work for a good while!

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Not too sure about that building but there is the new extension being built out the back if that's what your talking about.

Thats being built because they don't have a new building yet, and I assume they won't be getting one for a good long time.
    Powerhouse wrote: »
    I'd imagine this is a case of governement funding not being available rather than the school not remembering to do the work.

The planning permission was only obtained the year I left there. From what I heard a few years back, the money keeps getting shifted around to 'more needy' schools.

Never mind. Doesn't bother me anyway.

Back open tomorrow for 6th years at 11.05. Least we get a bit of a lie on.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Chocolate

spfeno wrote: »
    Greetings & Salutations from a graduate of Coolmine

1982 to 1987

ANy more elder lemons out there ?

Me! Me!

And, judging by your user name, I suspect you were in my class, well some of my classes anyway!

The following were my Leaving Cert teachers.

English - Mr. Lynskey
    Gaeilge - Mr. Ó Cionnaith
    Maths - Mrs. Solan
    Biology - Mr. Stewart
    History - Mr. Ryan
    French - Ms. Foran
    Accountancy - Ms. Vaughan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Doogieboogie

Wow, I just came across this thread! I was there from 1988-1993 - I remember it being bitter cold all the time, I remember puking in the chapel thing in A corridor and not telling anyone it was me, and I remember the vile smell from the science labs and from a certain Irish teachers breath......;)

We used to have our lunch at the top of one of the Malls, I can't remember which one, but there used to be a big gang of us. Is the big mural of JFK still there? Ah, memories.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 odarcy

Kaldorn wrote: »
    where do people smoke these days..we used to smoke in B jacks or out by the prefabs...i cant see that still happening!

yeah well im only in 5th year but you would be suprised at the desperation sometimes.. its mostly over at the sports complex and round the metalwork rooms not so much anymore if kingston catches ye he makes you clean the butts up

right now not alot of juniors moke mostly seniors ..seems its not as popular to be smoker anymore lol

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

recession even hits the younger ones hahaha

coolmine will always be bitter with no sweetness near it ,its the memories you make with your mates that makes school worth while and a laugh , sitting in the canteen with half a crisp roll and a bitta soup ,thats what i lived for draggin myself into that place every morning !!!!!! hahah

odarcy wrote: »
    its mostly over at the sports complex and round the metalwork rooms not so much anymore if kingston catches ye he makes you clean the butts up

You rat. Now they're all going to get caught.

ara joe pie they all know like, one of the teachers used to walk by the "smoking wall " every day going to lunch and say absolutely nothing.. they'll be grand dw :)

Advertisement