Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AUTUMN WEATHER 2015 - GENERAL CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

snubbleste wrote:
    It's supposed to be dry in the west all this week I'm shocked, shocked I tell ye, at that forecast.

It's been relatively dry the last 2 weeks apart from the odd shower.

Yesterday was the only sunny day though, back to overcast today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Nice autumn day today. Sun is out, bone dry, around 16. Feels a little warmer in direct sunlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Glorious weather now (Waterford). September always delivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Cloudy here cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Cloudy and pretty cool in Galway and to think last week looking at the charts we thought we were going to get a week or two of sun...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Cloudy and pretty cool in Galway and to think last week looking at the charts we thought we were going to get a week or two of sun...
    The sun is there! It's just hiding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Does anyone have any confidence in this actually happening?

Tick tock tick tock.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Beautiful day here today. Drove down to East Cork around Roche's point, inch beach and on to Ballycotton. Clear blue skies nice and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

Another cloudy day but I'm not complaining. Say it quietly, shhhhh it hasn't rained for nearly a week. Shhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Coolest daytime max of the season here so far. Just 13.1c with a current reading of 12.9c.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

After a gloomy start it turned in to a lovely sunny afternoon here (16C); if the sky stays clear and it stays calm we could have an interesting low tonight.

But I bet the cloud returns and the low is around 10C.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Persistent cloud here in west clare, there was a brief sunny spell for 5 minutes in a random break in the clouds (like a blanket with 1 single hole in it) which brought the temp up to 18.7. Rapidly fell since then and it now at 14.3, maybe this evening it'll clear?

Cloud cover over the last 3 hours. Really stagnant over Ireland as it pivots under an upper and lower ridge. Think we might have a better chance of some general sunny breaks in the west as winds back more easterly over the next couple of days. But I'd not hold my breath either.

pGfTZ7L.gif

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Storm alert.
    Just putting out an alert for a possible 2 wind storm events for next week. GFS models viewable on netweather.tv has drawn up a possible for next Tuesday the 15th and another one for Friday 19th. It looks like the weather will slowly deteriorate from this Thursday onwards. Wednesday 16th look generally fair with temperatures mid teens at best.

Im very excited at the prospect of a storm! I cant wait for the first winter storm of the year! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I found a strange quirk of this summer to be the near constant night time temperatures, have had the windows open at night for the last 3 or so months, even now it is still the same, it actually has felt warmer at night than most days.

• Site Banned Posts: 65 ✭✭Trabejo

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Im very excited at the prospect of a storm! I cant wait for the first winter storm of the year! :D:D:D

Say that to the survivors of Hurricane Katrina 10 years on pal. I lost a pet turtle to a storm in 1994 here in Ireland as well. It's not all fun for everyone. Mother nature can be unforgiving and I hope you are never on the receiving end of its destructive propensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭highdef

Xenji wrote: »
    I found a strange quirk of this summer to be the near constant night time temperatures, have had the windows open at night for the last 3 or so months, even now it is still the same, it actually has felt warmer at night than most days.

Tonight/this morning is rather cold in many rural areas where skies have cleared. Temp leaving home in a rural area under clear skies was 5.7c, car was displaying 6c and mist was thickening to fog. By the time I arrived in Dublin about a half hour later, the car was displaying 14c, it was cloudy and it felt quite mild when I stepped out of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Yeah chilly morning here in Kildare. Low 3.4c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

It's a real peach of a day in Galway city - blue skies, sunshine & currently 18.8C :)

361578.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Lumi wrote: »
    It's a real peach of a day in Galway city - blue skies, sunshine & currently 18.8C :)

And even 20c now in Athenry according to met.ie
    I never thought I'd see 20c again after the cold days we had lately.

A rare temp reading on my weather station.

361587.PNG

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

highdef wrote: »
    Tonight/this morning is rather cold in many rural areas where skies have cleared. Temp leaving home in a rural area under clear skies was 5.7c, car was displaying 6c and mist was thickening to fog. By the time I arrived in Dublin about a half hour later, the car was displaying 14c, it was cloudy and it felt quite mild when I stepped out of the car.

The lowest it got down to in Castlebar was 10.6C, clear nights have been few and far between, it briefly topped 20C today which has also be a very rare occurrence the last 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

The temperature inversion now seems to be covering most of the UK:

WEB_sat_ir_irl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Cloudless in Bray all day long and 20ºc. Got the final cut of the year done on the privet hedge and found the energy to do the last Homemade Burgers on the BBQ for the year too. I'm wrecked but there was no way I was letting a day like today go to waste. Probably got the last bit of sunburn of the year too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

clear skies ,13 degrees, light south easterly-castlebar. not as sunny tomorrow and back to square one the following few days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Made 19.2C here under clear skies; the 7th consecutive dry day - pity it's going to end on....Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We've a wedding on Friday so definitely believe the forecast when it says it's going to rain. Typical!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    We've a wedding on Friday so definitely believe the forecast when it says it's going to rain. Typical!

Rainfall warnings likely to be issued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

12Z ECM now showing the remains of Tropical Depression 8 (soon to be Henri) undergoing bombogenesis approaching the southwest coast. A couple of the lesser models have been hinting at this but now that the ECM is showing it, it has to be taken as a possibility. Still very much FI though.

vILuUvY.gif

Advertisement