Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Travelling To Galway

Options
  • 23-02-2019 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

Ive to head to Galway early in the day next week, arriving around 9am, would like an idea of what traffic can be like on the old Dublin road into Galway from the N6?

Comments

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Ive to head to Galway early in the day next week, arriving around 9am, would like an idea of what traffic can be like on the old Dublin road into Galway from the N6?

Galway is a mess at that time in the morning, allow extra time and be generous

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd give yourself 1.5 hours to get from the base of the M6 to the city centre to be safe, it's unbelievably bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'd give yourself 1.5 hours to get from the base of the M6 to the city centre to be safe, it's unbelievably bad.

It's bad, but without truly extreme disruption it would never take that long.

Queues out the M6 at that time of morning often reach to Carnmore, you could be stuck there for 20minutes, the rest of the way in shouldn't be particularly bad after that however. The rest of the city doesn't clog in the morning like it does from around 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

If it’s raining leave extra time as the bad weather adds more cars to the road. Busiest time for traffic is 8-9am - my friends who commute aim to arrive for 8am then get a coffee, rather than battle the traffic. If you’ve an interview or important meeting that might be your best strategy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

If you're coming in on the old Dublin road you could just get the 8.28 train into the city from Oranmore if you want to avoid traffic and free parking as far as I'm aware, only ten mins on the train

Advertisement