Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow / Ice warning Mon 21 pm to Tues 22 Jan 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I should be preparing for an interview tomorrow, but the prospect of a Level 1 Snow/Ice warning has me here instead. Priorities!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Seen some flashes of Lightning about 2 hours ago, showers of hail in the mix aswell. (Donegal)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I should be preparing for an interview tomorrow, but the prospect of a Level 1 Snow/Ice warning has me here instead. Priorities!

Tell them this is far more important as the very trustworthy MSM have informed us that this is a life threatening event and we'll have snow walls on our windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Pangea wrote: »
    Seen some flashes of Lightning about 2 hours ago, showers of hail in the mix aswell.

THUNDERSNOW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The loss of location info on boards is a bit of a nuisance.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

That is a permanent annoyance for me on these threads.

"Its snowing here where I am".

And where TF is that?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

That is a permanent annoyance for me on these threads.

"Its snowing here where I am".

And where TF is that?!?

Jamaica

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

It has become extremely windy here in past twenty minutes, could hear it coming down the chimney, went outside to check and very loud wind blowing in a little drizzle. South County Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

First time I've noticed that! Time for a feedback thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Leaving aside the utterly ridiculous snow I experienced in Kildare last March the three best snowfall events of my lifetime all came from direct northerlies (1995, 2000 and 2010).

Froze were the days! The 2000 event was perfect timing, it snowed for nearly alll of christmas week. I would love to see something like that and 2010 again.

However, Oneiric is right, events like that sadly seem to be a thing of the past due to what's happening in the Arctic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Have a look at Donegal Weather Channel on facebook, lots of photos of snow this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

sdanseo wrote: »

I think there is - D'aul catch all GDPR excuse.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Give me hope Joanna!

She is forecasting decent snow showers tonight. At least the mountains will be white which is a great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

and we have our first sleet shower of the the year in Cork City ladies and gents!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

sdanseo wrote: »

There isn't a current Feedback thread, but there is one in the Helpdesk:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057944113

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I think there is - D'aul catch all GDPR excuse.

Location is optional.
    Spear wrote: »
    There isn't a current Feedback thread, but there is one in the Helpdesk:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057944113

I found some thread in there and commented. Moderated, so can't check my history to show you which one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Light snow shower falling now, s cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Lashing rain here until a couple hours ago (Tipp/Kilkenny border) Clear sky now and very windy. Temperature down to about 3 but it feels much lower. Roads are going to be a nightmare in the morning around here and I’ve to be an hours drive away at 9am for a hospital appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Lashing rain here until a couple hours ago (Tipp/Kilkenny border) Clear sky now and very windy. Temperature down to about 3 but it feels much lower. Roads are going to be a nightmare in the morning around here and I’ve to be an hours drive away at 9am for a hospital appointment.

For whiplash by any chance??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Give me hope Joanna!

She is forecasting decent snow showers tonight. At least the mountains will be white which is a great start.
    Good man Eddie, 2 Jamaicans here tonight. On a snow thread. What are the odds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

TheDriver wrote: »
    For whiplash by any chance??

If you give him a lift it’s a car with aDriver and Whiplashy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Temperature drop during that thundery squall this evening

EB076260-57-B7-4554-B06-A-58078-AEE1-FD5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

Should be an exciting drive to work in the morning about 4:30 in the Curragh. Hopefully see some white gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

quite visibly sleeting in cork city now. Can see the drop hitting the car and can see them dissappering like ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

A messy mix of rain, hail and sleet in Letterkenny, the odd snowflake settling on the wheelie bin out the back but immediately melting, exciting stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

quite visibly sleeting in cork city now. Can see the drop hitting the car and can see them dissappering like ice.

Exactly the same here in limerick city

• Registered Users Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

For the second night in a row , the car is frozen over , Laois .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

A whopping 1-3 cm of snow forecast at Knock overnight and up to 11 am.

EIKN AD WRNG 02 VALID 212300/221100 SNOW FBL 1 TO 3CM FCST =

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

How desperate have we become that we are posting about the odd snow showers here and there ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

A whopping 1-3 cm of snow forecast at Knock overnight and up to 11 am.

EIKN AD WRNG 02 VALID 212300/221100 SNOW FBL 1 TO 3CM FCST =

I reckon Knock will get >3cm, given that we already have a scattered covering on low ground in Roscommon and its only turned to heavy wet snow (after heavy cold rain sleet) in the last 15 mins

Advertisement