Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Citylink

• 23-02-2019 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭

Do Citylink allow you travel on a bus at any time or are you held to the exact time you booked for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,666 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

They don't advertise it as such - but if there's a seat available, I've always been able to catch any bus in the day I was booked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Usually it's not an issue. I've been an hour early and no problem if a seat is available. Similarly I missed a bus and I was let on the following bus an hour later.

I have noticed an inconsistency if the bus has, for example, five spare seats with ten excess passengers. First on are people with an online ticket for another time. Then those with a receipt for a cash paid return ticket issued by the driver. And so on. Other times driver said cash paying are first on.
    I enquired about this issue and how they manage it but what they said and what happens in reality is different.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

bobbyss wrote: »
    I have noticed an inconsistency if the bus has, for example, five spare seats with ten excess passengers. First on are people with an online ticket for another time. Then those with a receipt for a cash paid return ticket issued by the driver. And so on. Other times driver said cash paying are first on.
    I enquired about this issue and how they manage it but what they said and what happens in reality is different.

The latter is very unusual from what I've seen for most coach companies here. The norm seems to be in order of priority:

1) Booked seats for this day/time
    2) Booked seats for another time on the same day
    3) Open return tickets
    4) Cash fares

Makes sense to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I understand people with booked tickets for that service get preference and I've no issue with that.
    I travel by train quite a bit and you can only travel at the time stated on your ticket, hence why I asked the question

Gael23 wrote: »
    I understand people with booked tickets for that service get preference and I've no issue with that.
    I travel by train quite a bit and you can only travel at the time stated on your ticket, hence why I asked the question

Depends on the ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

bk wrote:
    The latter is very unusual from what I've seen for most coach companies here. The norm seems to be in order of priority:

bk wrote:
    1) Booked seats for this day/time 2) Booked seats for another time on the same day 3) Open return tickets 4) Cash fares

bk wrote:
    Makes sense to me anyway.

Only problem there from a business point of view is placing a cash customer at the end. I suppose they should be no 2. The others have already paid. Why turn down money? The others can wait?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

bobbyss wrote: »
    Only problem there from a business point of view is placing a cash customer at the end. I suppose they should be no 2. The others have already paid. Why turn down money? The others can wait?

Because the morally correct thing to do is to accommodate the people who have already given you money, but to whom you haven't yet delivered the paid for service to.

Advertisement