Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Build House - Completion Notice to receiving keys

• 23-02-2019 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Our solicitor has received the completion notice on Thursday (for a new build house) and I'm wondering how long it usually takes to get the keys if everything else is in order i.e. insurances etc are in place.

We want to get the flooring fitters in asap so we can start moving furniture etc

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

3-4 weeks.

Two weeks to snag, one week to get the closing and money organised and one week for some slippage in both snag and closing.

Get your snag done first in case there's something that is likely to properly delay things.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

3-4 weeks.

Two weeks to snag, one week to get the closing and money organised and one week for some slippage in both snag and closing.

Get your snag done first in case there's something that is likely to properly delay things.

Cheers. We had our final snag a couple of weeks ago and everything is in order.
    I'm wondering how long the following process takes: for the solicitor to request the funds from the bank, transfer the monies to the builder's solicitor and getting the keys handed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Ours took a week, but my best friend was my solicitor and my mortgage advisor was amazing, 2 weeks is probably a safer bet.

It took us three weeks to get the flooring in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Tools me three days from completion of snag to getting keys. Floors took two days after that mix of carpet/timber. Tiling came with the bathrooms.

I kept the fitters informed as much as possible and they were quite accommodating

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Have you snagged yet?
    Most developments in involved in are being snagged before the completion certs are on the register.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Thanks guys. We had our final snag approximately 3 weeks ago.

So it's just a case of getting the funds from the Bank to our solicitor to the developer's solicitor.
    Our mortgage advisor has been fantastic to deal with. They are really on the ball.

Our solicitor is less responsive and there was a lot of chasing going on from our part. I have a feeling that they're heavy overloaded with cases. They were highly recommend to us and the fees are on the higher side. Therefore we expected a bit more I guess.

Thank god the whole process will be over in a short while.

Advertisement