Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Is it closed or just being done up??

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Permanent TSB is being renovated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,526 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Sofa King wrote: »
    Permanent TSB is being renovated.

And Toys4You are moving in next door to PTSB, the unit on the Tuam Road closed down the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,895 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Not sure if it's been mentioned here but Lucks shop on Bridge Street has changed hands. It looks very bare without Annas' stuff in the middle. Best of luck to the new lads. It will be hard to keep up the standards set in Galway's best local shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Walked up Eyre Street yesterday and it looks like another Poppy Seed cafe opening up beside Yourell's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

theres a small one in the cinema isnt there?

Are you talking about the small ATM near Micky D's on the Headford road? If so, 'tis gone. Replaced with a small coffee serving unit thingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There's one in the actual cinema I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Are you talking about the small ATM near Micky D's on the Headford road? If so, 'tis gone. Replaced with a small coffee serving unit thingy.

Nope,there was/is one in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

This warrants an official boards.ie sojourn to the cinema to investigate... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,526 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

There's one in the actual cinema I think.

WAs a BoI one there last year, but I only get to the cinema once a year, so might be gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

BOI ATM is still in the cinema
    Having money in it is another question entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Jamaica Joe's seems to have closed. Shame they had great coffee and a fine goat curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,667 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Jamaica Joe's seems to have closed. Shame they had great coffee and a fine goat curry.

Ya, there's a post about 4 weeks ago about it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96082923

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i went in there four times for the goat curry and they never had it,despite it being on menu all the time,and i was never in after 3 pm,they were always 'waiting on supplies' .. pity as i would have been a decent customer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Damiencm

Eastwood bar in Doughiska was open on my way home this evening, wonder if its just for race weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭westgolf

Thargor wrote: »

Round the corner where hibernian / aviva customer centre was

Can you streetview link it if you get a chance please? I have no idea where people are talking about...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Thargor wrote: »
    Can you streetview link it if you get a chance please? I have no idea where people are talking about...

Here.

Ah right, had completely forgotten there was a street there tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭westgolf

Plus : new furniture shop in terryland beside apache pizza

MInus : paint and wallpaper shop in westside between A&D carpets and Tora garage seems to be gone .

Golden Cafe in Middle St was open again last weekend, and seems to have remained open again every day this week. (They opened a few weeks back, but closed again very quickly)

John Mulholland Bookmakers in Cross St is closed. Sign on the window says payouts can be collected from their Dominic St branch, and thanks for the 20 (or was it 30, I can't remember) of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

John Mulholland Bookmakers in Cross St is closed. Sign on the window says payouts can be collected from their Dominic St branch, and thanks for the 20 (or was it 30, I can't remember) of business.

As is the one in salt hill, it's replaced by a boylesports

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Furthermore Mulholland is taking over the scholars rest in newcastle shortly, as I was informed by current manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Mulholland sold 6 branches to paddy power. These maybe some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tenacious-me

Furthermore Mulholland is taking over the scholars rest in newcastle shortly, as I was informed by current manager.

Scholar's rest is closing? Always been busy whenever i've gone in

I thought they've enough business from hospital etc. as it's the only decent place for a bite to eat in the area.

And isn't there already a bookies two or three doors up?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Saw 2 new paces on the bus stop side of Eyre Square over the last weekend. Charity shop NCBI in the premises that once held the NTL office and something else since but has sat empty for a while with advertising over the window.

Also a new coffee shop has been fitted out and had sign put up down towards the corner, at least I'd never seen that before so I think it's brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

Stevolende wrote: »
    Also a new coffee shop has been fitted out
    I'll get in before someone else posts a rolleyes that what Galway needs is (yet) another coffee shop ... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Well it's got one, so must be answering some market.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement