Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car sanitising

• 17-09-2020 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Buying a second hand car from a garage. They seem to be offering/charging 100 to sanitise the car. Are they taking the mick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I know if I was dropping thousands to buy a car from garage and they tried this tactic I'd walk and spend my hard earned cash somewhere else..... end of .... easy one for me !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

They are probably just refering to an option for Ozone treatment.

The car will obviously be fully cleaned before they give it to you but most garages are offering this as an optional extra at the moment.

I think the ozone treatment is particularly good at eliminating odors also , so if you think there is any risk of smells or odors it might be worth getting done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Charging around 20 quid for sanitising a car is fine but 100 is madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭peteb2

I know if I was dropping thousands to buy a car from garage and they tried this tactic I'd walk and spend my hard earned cash somewhere else..... end of .... easy one for me !!!

Part of the new hard sell. Sent the missus up with my dad. And they were pushing RTI cover, SMART insurance, paint protection and sanitising.

We bought the car but I looked for a breakdown of the protection package and it was made up of the above. I'm not a big fan of any of the above. But the paint protection is done already .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Yeah, €20-30 is the going rate for an ozone sanity. Excuse the oun, but €100 is insanity :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

peteb2 wrote: »
    Part of the new hard sell. Sent the missus up with my dad. And they were pushing RTI cover, SMART insurance, paint protection and sanitising.

We bought the car but I looked for a breakdown of the protection package and it was made up of the above. I'm not a big fan of any of the above. But the paint protection is done already .

Unless 'paint protection' involves,
    (a) some guy sitting on the bonnet swatting away any potential stone chips as you drive along,
    (b) the same guy standing beside your car ,in any car park, warning idiots not to open their doors and damaging your car,
    then it's a total waste of money.
    In fairness it's at best a coat of decent wax that won't last a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

<trolling post removed>

Advertisement