Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving meter box. RECI delay

• 13-09-2020 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have to have the meter box moved in order to facilitate an extension to my house. I have paid the ESB their fee for reconnection but my electrician tells me RECI aren’t doing their bit as “they’re a shower of ...”. Since the cert went to RECI at the end of July and I am still waiting for approval, I’m now under the impression that RECI aren’t the problem. Has anybody had similar experiences recently? I understand that there may be some delays with RECI staff possibly working from home but 7 weeks is a stretch too far. Work on extension now at a complete standstill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

There is a new cert status website. However you would need to know the cert number to be able to verify this.

I always find RECI very responsive with certs personally.

However as I use the Electronic Completion Certs (ECC) system for things requiring DSO involvement mine go through directly to the ESB without needing to be processed by RECI. But as I say any time I've used paper certs RECI have been VERY quick to process them - obviously COVID has changed things though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭meercat

Whilst there is a longer than usual wait for the certificate to be logged onto their system it’s never been more than 5 working days for me. I’ve recently dropped one into their letterbox and it was logged the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ca110w

Thanks guys. Fairly sure where the problem lies now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭meercat

ca110w wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Fairly sure where the problem lies now

Just check that the issue isn’t with Esbn. Had a recent upgrade of mains take 7 weeks from esbn receiving notification from safe electric.
    Also had a granny flat take 6 months to be connected (although lockdown happened within this time)

Phone Esbn with your mprn for an update.

Advertisement