Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny 2 Iron Banner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I've been trying tu use Uriels Gift but it's just not working out for me. I keep getting melted by it but I can never seem to land crits.

Although I realise I don't have any mods for energy weapon stability, so that could be where I'm going wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Pfffffttttt get rid of the blue and even use Scathelock, that thing is really good and then wait until you get uriels or the prosecutor :P

After taking a hiatus from PvP, I played some IB last night. Ended up running with the Mida and the number (fwc auto). Auto rifles are really strong...maybe too much range?

Nightstalker with invis dodge is good fun to play - but equally infuriating to play against. Also didn't realise that smoke bombs pings the radar.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I've been trying tu use Uriels Gift but it's just not working out for me. I keep getting melted by it but I can never seem to land crits.

Although I realise I don't have any mods for energy weapon stability, so that could be where I'm going wrong...

Actually last night I noticed I was been killed by 1 or 2 bullets from Uriels and a full clip from me wouldnt even scratch them with damage.

I have no energy weapon mods on and i am melting feckers all over the place with my autos. Its just a case of getting used to the gun tbh.
    nevelator wrote: »
    After taking a hiatus from PvP, I played some IB last night. Ended up running with the Mida and the number (fwc auto). Auto rifles are really strong...maybe too much range?

Nightstalker with invis dodge is good fun to play - but equally infuriating to play against. Also didn't realise that smoke bombs pings the radar.

The Auto's are class this time around and I bet they nerf them out of existance soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

HCR is the problem. Once you start getting hit by it you're all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

13 Iron Banner games, 12 Wins.

If you have any clue how to play the objective, not feed and are in a FT of 4, you're already 10 steps ahead of your opponents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

13 Iron Banner games, 12 Wins.

If you have any clue how to play the objective, not feed and are in a FT of 4, you're already 10 steps ahead of your opponents

Yep, came across a few full Fire teams who knew what they were doing and got well beaten. Also had one game where we got B and held 2 zones at the start; I went on a bit of a kill spree holding B. When I died I thought to myself, even I did ok there so we must have a decent lead - looked at the score and we were 19 - 7 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Actually last night I noticed I was been killed by 1 or 2 bullets from Uriels and a full clip from me wouldnt even scratch them with damage.

Something bogey there for sure.
    I was firing bursts of Vigilance Wing into them and barely scratching them.
    Usually 2 bursts of that will kill you, 3 if you miss some of the shots.

2 maybe 3 bullets from Uriels Gift and I was blue orbing..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Something bogey there for sure.
    I was firing bursts of Vigilance Wing into them and barely scratching them.
    Usually 2 bursts of that will kill you, 3 if you miss some of the shots.

2 maybe 3 bullets from Uriels Gift and I was blue orbing..

You'd want to get on to herself about that........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

You'd want to get on to herself about that........
    There'll definitely be some getting on alright..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

The guy that does the voiceover sounds like he's fcuking interfering with himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

2 armour pieces in 10 packages. And here I was worrying that I don't have a Titan yet to get the set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

PetKing wrote: »
    2 armour pieces in 10 packages. And here I was worrying that I don't have a Titan yet to get the set.

30 packages turned in on my titan, Have gotten all the weapons (no joke, 10 sidearms), and just missing the helmet for the titan.

syboit wrote: »
    30 packages turned in on my titan, Have gotten all the weapons (no joke, 10 sidearms), and just missing the helmet for the titan.

Titan helmet, so that's my Titan samurai finished. Only took 35 packages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Titan helmet, so that's my Titan samurai finished. Only took 35 packages!

Jesus 35 packages.

I liked the look of the armour but I knew I wouldn't have enough playtime to get a full set which made me not really both with IB at all.

And the fee packages i got the first day that did drop armour dropped random armour

My KDR survived solo queuing IB, my Win Loss ratio did not.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Jesus 35 packages.

I liked the look of the armour but I knew I wouldn't have enough playtime to get a full set which made me not really both with IB at all.

And the fee packages i got the first day that did drop armour dropped random armour

I'd say I played upto two hours every day just on IB alone, by doing the daily milestone on the 3 characters, I usually ended up with 80-90 tokens. One day I did just grind some matches and got lucky with a 5-6 winning streak.

most of the dailies were ok to do in one game, except for 2 kills at once, took me a bit longer with that one.

Overall enjoyed this IB as a solo player mostly.

I'd say I played upto two hours every day just on IB alone, by doing the daily milestone on the 3 characters, I usually ended up with 80-90 tokens. One day I did just grind some matches and got lucky with a 5-6 winning streak.

most of the dailies were ok to do in one game, except for 2 kills at once, took me a bit longer with that one.

Overall enjoyed this IB as a solo player mostly.

Yeah it's not to bad of a game mode, the one I've enjoyed the most in destiny 2 to be fair.

Just don't have that kind of play time at the moment unfortunately

too*
    I gotta stop drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

anyone for some iron banner?

jcd5971 wrote: »
    anyone for some iron banner?

I could be on about four will help if you want?

• Advertisement

Winning a game yesterday. Myself comfortably atop of the leader-board. Like a colossus. About 3/4s of the way through I ranked up and my screen was invaded by the ranked up emblem. Didn't get another kill. We lost. Thanks to me. Thanks to Bungie Thanks Bungie.

Got to rank ten all the guns but the sidearm but only one piece of armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Found IB connections very poor, guys not taking damage, shot when you're well in cover or around corners and my personal favorite is getting the kill and then being killed by their melee without any animation.

Only just hit rank 10 as I didn't enjoy the game mode at all, found the drops to be poor and had multiple of the same drops, think I got 6 sidearms. Final reward also lacking, really did not feel IB and it's a real shame as we always had good numbers and fun in D1.

didn't notice connection issues but always felt they were particularly bad in D1 IB so maybe expected it
    agree it wasn't rewarding
    control requires co-ordination which I sadly lack

• Registered Users Posts: 9,956 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

What I wouldn't give for my Jade Rabbit. Mida is profoundly underwhelming, as are the IB weapons as a whole. I don't know how they went from the excellent selection introduced for RoI to the current dross.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

dudeeile wrote: »
    Found IB connections very poor, guys not taking damage, shot when you're well in cover or around corners and my personal favorite is getting the kill and then being killed by their melee without any animation.

Only just hit rank 10 as I didn't enjoy the game mode at all, found the drops to be poor and had multiple of the same drops, think I got 6 sidearms. Final reward also lacking, really did not feel IB and it's a real shame as we always had good numbers and fun in D1.

I too suffered the "killed around a corner" issue. Not often, but it's bloody annoying.

Got to rank 14 and got full armour set, apart from the Titan Mark. Got most of the weapons, couple dupes in there (mostly SR and HC). IB this time around did feel less rewarding compared to D1 YR3, but probably on par with D1 YR1.
    What I wouldn't give for my Jade Rabbit. Mida is profoundly underwhelming, as are the IB weapons as a whole. I don't know how they went from the excellent selection introduced for RoI to the current dross.

We will see an improvement in the game eventually, when the live team fully get their durty mits on it. D2 development was well advanced during RoI release. Still doesn't make up for some of the decisions made. Still waiting for Luke Smith to tell us what they plan with duplicate weapons and how it's gonna mean something.

Mida is very strong but only with the inclusion of HCR, they needed and got their nerf in D1 and they should do the same here, it won't make the gun unusable but it's uptake would drop dramatically. This would also sort out the Uriels Gift over use and make plenty more weapons viable, they would also need to deal with the Last Hope at the same time but I think that's a much more difficult balance for them to do effectively.

yes nerf all the stuff I like that always makes me happy
    tbh was watching a video the other day which basically says it doesn't matter as "the scrubs" (aka folks like me) just move on to the next most powerful thing
    So nerf away Bungie
    Insert evil laugh

NCR are op right now as are pulse grenades so they obviously need to be brought back in line, they should be an easy balance to implement and still be usable.

The last hope is the big worry, technically smg's can compete at teh same range even a little further out but as soon as you are airbourne the last hope accuracy somes into it's own, I'm afraid they may adjust either range or in-air accuracy and that will **** up other aspects of the game.

I suppose the only logical step to take would be to nerf fusion rifles! Actually now that I mention them, they again, as in D1, seem prone to rng as to whether you will get that kill on a target that looks easily within range.

I use the Wardiff Coil in PvP. Imagine my surprise when I equipped it running towards the enemy and the Merciless appeared in my hands. No bother easily in range I thought. Took about 50% of his health and he killed me. See people use fusions to great effect in pvp, just needs practice I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It was disappointing as an "Event", I still enjoyed playing Control and playing it with 3 friends or clanmates was the majority of the fun but it wasn't quite the Event it was in D1, similarly with Faction Rally.
    Gonna plow on with Sheprafest and that's me "done" with D2 aside from perhaps a weekly Trials card with some of my real-life mates

Advertisement