Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Agreed everyone on lfg is obsessed with the new strategy ,2 defender titans in middle or up high are the only way to go for now.One of the titans may avoid orge 2 and help out immediately on number 3 and 4 to stun lock ogres position.

The other 3 platformers should be assigned 1,2,3 and rotate around ornxs positions .I found being number 3 on plate even at 310 very hard to adjust if you are on that side alone .The accolades eye will 1 shot you, 2 orges on that side plus your knight crossways has to be killed instantly .I would recommend self res warlock or hunter with smoke bomb for that part.

I was very disappointed in the loot as all as I got was 312 mark on 1 character and 310 scout rifle on another.Is it better off now avoiding normal mode all together now to increase better drop rates or is RNG just going to be an ass to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just picked up playing this again (Halloween event :D) and realised I'm at a disadvantage without Taken King :( currently lvl 30 with the regular destiny stuff, no DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Its a thriller night

1491312820926541744.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 27,773 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Its a thriller night

1491312820926541744.gif

Did you see Boo ? I just went and bought it :D

Taken from Treehouse of Horrors credits.
    1491511360201144359.jpg

• Advertisement

Celebrating in style :D

Bag has embedded it below !!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

thebag89 wrote: »

haha . Im buying that tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Jesus, the clocks went back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Took the entire bank holiday Monday to do Oryx on hard. The whole day, evening and night.

Bloody hell what a grind.

Game screwed us three times before we did it on our last run before our Fireteam leader said he would pull the plug. Three times we had Oryx down to the last rotation and one or two of us would get weasel errors and kicked, putting everyone else under pressure. It's like there was someone watching it for the best time to screw us over and pushing the button.

Cheers to Mick, Ger, Cable, Johnnybucks and Itchy - I'm pretty sure that if we hadn't done it when we did several of us would have been deleting the game ... whatever about going down because of skill to constantly go down to glitches is just too much to take.

Done now. Screw you game.

• Advertisement

Cathedral of Dusk is now available in the crucible.

Papercraft Destiny masks are available here on bungie.net

This weeks nightfall is Sunless Cell with void burn(no sprinting past the shriekers this week).

nightfall-1152x648.jpg

Had a few things to do in crucible this weekend. Using the Invective. Have they done something with it I don't remember it being this good? The Nirwan's Mercy is my new favourite PvP primary

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Get your Telestos at the ready!!!

Cormac... wrote: »
    Get your Telestos at the ready!!!

Got a 310 one for Oryx in HM yesterday. My first exotic drop without using a 3OC

Also ... on HM oryx ... the touch of malice/blessing bubble method from the death singers platforms is the way to go.

Our issues yesterday were in settling into this new method before the glitch problems began. Once we had it drilled it was far less to worry about ... it's almost a cheese.

You need to coordinate how quickly you run for bombs (as ogres can wander away as you're not killing them when they spawn) but not having to worry about ads on bomb runs is worth it. No knights to worry about apart from the yellow bar too ... once you've your timing down its much less stress and things to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Big shout out to the lads for carrying my ass through Kings Fall on Sat night - great craic altogether! Got a sweet pulse rifle and Warlock bond :)

I've hit 287 light now, just wanted to find out what people thought was the best way to increase my level?

Primary: 300 Legendary
    Secondary: 282
    Heavy: 285 Legendary
    Ghost: 277

Helmet: 282
    Gauntlets: 290
    Chest: 290 Exotic - WTF???
    Legs: 284
    Bond: 300
    Artifact: 282

I've got 69 (wahey!) legendary marks, but I should be able to bump that number up to 99 if I run the heroic strike playlist 3 times this week.

How do I level up the exotic to 310? Why am I getting 280 / 290 exotics from exgrams, what the **** Xur???
    Any ideas how I'd get the best bang for my buck out of this setup? I've also heard the Nightfall strike is piss poor for rewards these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

310 artifact quest

Big shout out to the lads for carrying my ass through Kings Fall on Sat night - great craic altogether! Got a sweet pulse rifle and Warlock bond :)

I've hit 287 light now, just wanted to find out what people thought was the best way to increase my level?

Primary: 300 Legendary
    Secondary: 282
    Heavy: 285 Legendary
    Ghost: 277

Helmet: 282
    Gauntlets: 290
    Chest: 290 Exotic - WTF???
    Legs: 284
    Bond: 300
    Artifact: 282

I've got 69 (wahey!) legendary marks, but I should be able to bump that number up to 99 if I run the heroic strike playlist 3 times this week.

How do I level up the exotic to 310? Why am I getting 280 / 290 exotics from exgrams, what the **** Xur???
    Any ideas how I'd get the best bang for my buck out of this setup? I've also heard the Nightfall strike is piss poor for rewards these days?

See this is what happens when you stop playing :P

Do the nightfall. Rewards were improved last week so much better gear is dropping.

Do daily Crucible and Daily Heroic that will give you 30 LM each day. Most things you buy with them though will be 280.

Once you hit 300 the exotic engrams can drop @ 310. I've had a good few of them. Thrashed a 310 Monte Carlo and Fourth Horseman for my Hung Jury and 1000 yard Stare. Got Nirwan's Mercy from 295 to 307 but can't remember what I threw into that.

Taken War Earth
    Taken War Venus
    Taken War Mars
    Blighted Worlds

Do some Tier 2 Court of Oryx for a ghost
    Always decrypt your engrams while wearing your highest level gear.

Do the 11 Strikes quest (5 normal, 5 heroic, 1 nf)

Do the Raid

• Advertisement

Got my 310 artifact from taking Oryx down on HM. That brings me up to 312.

Only thing holding me back now is my 297 helmet. Can't get the raid helm to fall on my Titan.

Got a 319 chest from Oryx. Already had a 318 chest from Golgoroth. So that 318 will go into the warlock I think. The slow grind is getting me there, bit by bit...

Taken War Earth
    Taken War Venus
    Taken War Mars
    Blighted Worlds

Do some Tier 2 Court of Oryx for a ghost
    Taken War Venus - I'm on stage 5.
    Blighted Worlds - I'm on stage 1.
    Taken War Mars - I'm on stage 7, need to get a fire team together.

When do I get access to CoO? Do I access it from orbit?
    Taken War Earth
    Do the 11 Strikes quest (5 normal, 5 heroic, 1 nf)

Is that called the "Neverending Battle"? If so, I have done 5 normal, 3 heroic and will finish that tonight hopefully.

AdamD wrote: »
    310 artifact quest

Any idea which quest this is?

Finish the Venus one so, it should give you the Earth one then of you haven't already done it fully

It's in Patrol in the Dreadnaught in the Hall of Souls right in the centre
    Is that called the "Neverending Battle"? If so, I have done 5 normal, 3 heroic and will finish that tonight hopefully.

Yes, might aswell finish that so
    Any idea which quest this is?

Blighted Worlds/Road to Kings fall.

Finish the Taken War quests and all will be clear

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Have all quests complete now up until the taken king and 1 level 30 raid.

I am level 31 and my light is about 150. Gonna do the level 30 raid later then crack on with the taken king story line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'll rock Court with you this evening if you want. Hopefully a blue wonders in and we can get a good number of the clan in.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

I'll rock Court with you this evening if you want. Hopefully a blue wonders in and we can get a good number of the clan in.

Wouldn't mind jumping in on that. What time ye thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone on now on Xbox that needs to do the fears embrace mission on Mars for part of the taken war quest ? Trying to solo it but not working out well on my hunter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Anyone on now on Xbox that needs to do the fears embrace mission on Mars for part of the taken war quest ? Trying to solo it but not working out well on my hunter

Are you on now? if so I can quickly switch to Xb1 and give you a hand, I have a strategy that makes it relatively easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Bohrio wrote: »
    Are you on now? if so I can quickly switch to Xb1 and give you a hand, I have a strategy that makes it relatively easy

Yup on now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement