Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭tc20

cleared out the shed at the weekend and came across these, lord knows how long they've been there :o

set of blank light covers from a '92 Mk3 Golf front bumper, (may suit a similar vintage Vento?)

Free to who ever wants 'em - I'm in north Wicklow but will post them if you're further afield.
    Drop me a PM if you'd like them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

kadman wrote: »
    It has all the past NCT records, and I will happily NCT it for any interested party,.
    At 275 you cant really say its a risk to be fair.

It will pass no problem

Ha ha, looks like the Laguna is objecting to going into early retirement:D
    by throwing out a P0314 fault:P

So hoping for the quick solution, and having no specific Renault software to pin down the "misfire on unknown cylinder".
    I renewed the plugs, checked the coils, and renewed the throttle to manifold O ring, flushed and checked the injectors, and cleared the code.

But in defiance she still throws out the 0314 and blinks the engine light on amber intermittently.

And not wanting/needing to invest anymore time or money, I will now be flogging it off for parts, :)

Update.

Pinned it down to DF061 and DF062 fault,

Connections hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel

kadman wrote: »
    Ha ha, looks like the Laguna is objecting to going into early retirement:D
    by throwing out a P0314 fault:P

So hoping for the quick solution, and having no specific Renault software to pin down the "misfire on unknown cylinder".
    I renewed the plugs, checked the coils, and renewed the throttle to manifold O ring, flushed and checked the injectors, and cleared the code.

But in defiance she still throws out the 0314 and blinks the engine light on amber intermittently.

And not wanting/needing to invest anymore time or money, I will now be flogging it off for parts, :)

Update.

Pinned it down to DF061 and DF062 fault,

Connections hopefully.

I'm pretty sure I had the exact same error code with "misfire on cylinder 2" on my BMW E60

Replaced the coil for cylinder 2 (had to look up on youtube which of the 6 cylinders was cylinder 2 :p) and the error came back a few times. Cleared with cheap OBD2 device and after a few times (engine restarting), problem was gone. And stayed gone. Surely you owe it to the car to try that?

And surely, someone in here is going to pick up a very well maintained car for beer money?

I haven't thrown in the towel just yet on this:)

Thrown in now.....Cyl 1 .150psi, Cyl 2 150psi, Cyl 3 150psi, and cyl 4 10psi

So off to the scrappie as its not worth the work involved to me to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

So. This comes in as a very specific "Wanted"!
    Any way of tracing up a "one that got away" classic?

I sold a car a couple of years ago to a chap in cork, a GMC pickup. I've lost the details as it's about 3 phones ago at this stage. But I'd really like to buy it back.
    I know this is a "how long is a piece of string" question but does anyone have any reccomendations as to how to even start?
    It's got a lot of sentimental value and I really shouldnt have sold it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Break80

Hi.
    Hope some one can help me with my Quest,
    My first car was a Gold 1983 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.8 CD hatchback bought and imported from the UK. Building Thatchers Britain like thousands of others in the 80s.
    I would love to own this exact same car again. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Do you have the reg?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Break80

Do you have the reg?
    The english plate was A622 XJM The Irish plate was 83C 550. Its probally Coke Cans by now.

But forgive me I meant Same colour same year same model. Not the car itself although that would be a dream come true.

Last taxed in 1997 but has not been wiped from "the system" so it might be languishing somewhere

Last taxed in 1997

Any linky on how to check that, Duke?

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Any linky on how to check that, Duke?

Adverts.ie app > place ad (for a car) > enter reg

It’s a handy little check. Someone really needs to make an app streamlining the various free online checks!

Nice one! A bit laborious, but it does work :D

Taxed the Porsche for €1080 today. It really is a scandalous amount of money for a classic car driven less than a thousand miles per year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

hi, not sure if it's correct section. My son is obsessed with De loreans (who isn't!) he enjoys classic cars in general but always talks about the De lorean. I wonder, does anyone here own or know someone who has one and would be willing to let him sit in it and take few snaps? His birthday is arriving soon. He will be 14, I will obviously pay for the time petrol etc.

Cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Thank you for that kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Wanted, Irish Series 1 or Series 2 Land Rover, any condition considered.

For sale my '87 Mercedes 190E 2.6 automatic W201

NCT 10/19

YzUxODIwMDdkYjcyMDhjZjVhMDUwNjI2Zjk3YzFhYTcPPJcZr3nsfCZy7mCFzxxtaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDkzMTc0NjZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Linky

Discount for anyone on here

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

Outside the nct in Ballymun there is one parked up beside a few caravans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

Sadly, time has come to move my Fintail on. I've owned it about 8 years and haven't managed to do anything with it. Other projects mean she is now looking for a new home.

Good bits:
    She's all there, no bits missing.

Bad bits:
    Needs full restoration.

The car was sold new in Enfield, North London in 1966 and was imported into Ireland in 1978. It still only shows one owner on the original brown book.

I'm based in Cork but the car is located in North Yorkshire at the moment.

Any interest, drop me a message.

fintail1.jpg

fintail2.jpg

fintail3.jpg

fintail4.jpg

fintail5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

2cv wrote: »
    Sadly, time has come to move my Fintail on. I've owned it about 8 years and haven't managed to do anything with it. Other projects mean she is now looking for a new home.

Good bits:

Bad bits:
    Needs full restoration.

The car was sold new in Enfield, North London in 1966 and was imported into Ireland in 1978. It still only shows one owner on the original brown book.

fintail1.jpg

fintail2.jpg

fintail3.jpg

fintail4.jpg

fintail5.jpg

I'd take it in a sec if it wouldn't mean my instant death! GLWS

• Advertisement

Tommyboy40 wrote: »
    I'd take it in a sec if it wouldn't mean my instant death! GLWS

At least you'd know you're going to heaven with a car like this :). lol

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭3nero

Looking for a few parts for A Datsun 180B (810 series) mostly just trim parts

unkel wrote: »
    For sale my '87 Mercedes 190E 2.6 automatic W201

NCT 10/19

Discount for anyone on here

Sold last week for very close to my asking price. Shook hands with the buyer, and he paid me a substantial deposit. Unfortunately he is no longer going ahead, so my W201 Mercedes is still for sale!

I hope you kept the deposit!

I sure did!

So many Irish buyers fail to understand the purpose of a deposit. I’ve been through grief with them on a few occasions, I just don’t bother with them anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭scannerd

"Originally Posted by 2cv View Post

Good bits:

Bad bits:
    Needs full restoration.

Attachment 462250

Attachment 462251

Attachment 462252

Attachment 462253

Attachment 462254"

maybe try these guys in kildare as they specialize in old mercs ... http://www.cardockclassics.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭SwissToni

Selling a Carcoon Veloce Medium Car storage in Black, details on the carcoon in the link below, only used over one winter €490.00, pm me if interested.

https://www.carcoon.com/carcoon-indoor-veloce&length=449&make_id=80&model_id=832#listing

My W201 190E up for sale again this evening:

Linky

• Advertisement

That 190 is tasty looking. I'd have it if I could. But no room at the inn, unfortunately :(

Advertisement