Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving to new house, best for elec and gas?

• 18-09-2020 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hello, just wondered has anyone had experience of the better crowd to go with e.g electric ireland, airtricity etc ?

We would be new customers, we were on pre pay power so looking to stay away from that as i think it was more expensive in the long run.

Any opinions?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Check out Bonkers.ie and go with the cheapest. Change annually, end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭flipflophead22

yeah true much of a muchness i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Bonkers for sure. Last time I looked Iberdrola was the cheapest if signing up for both gas and electric

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

I found https://www.moneyguideireland.com/electricity-and-gas-cheapest-combined-prices.html to be very useful for info on the best rates currently.

I went full rainman analysing our bills in Excel and which provider to move to back in March (from Electric Ireland) for both Gas and Electricity and Energia were the cheapest at that time. Their website/account management is quite good also I find.

Advertisement