Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!!)MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,408 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Do you play airsoft or do you just spend all your time consuming Calpol? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CalpolConsumer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do you play airsoft or do you just spend all your time consuming Calpol? :D

Hmm well a bit of both. Lets just say my frag pouches arent filled with frags...;)

Master of the Universe

The purple one for ages 0-6 was where it was at. I remember being really sad as a kid when I got a bit older and got upgraded to the more grown up one :(

Maybe that's what I need to start filling my Thunder Bs with.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

No fun since they changed the benilyn recipe

Gets confused and accidentally covers the enemy in calpol... wonder if that would be considered chemical warfare..

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Gatling wrote: »
    No fun since they changed the benilyn recipe

They did??? is nothing sacred anymore? :(

You still playing Airsoft these days Gatling? I've gone full 'Nam now, just ordered myself a G&P Car-15 to go with the rest of my Vietnam gear. Looked a bit strange running around with a Type 89, an M1 helmet with ODs and Alice webbing :D
    Gets confused and accidentally covers the enemy in calpol... wonder if that would be considered chemical warfare..

Might be a handy way of starting a ghillie suit, just roll about in the dirt a bit afterwards!

what made you go for vietnam era? Was it personal interest or just for the dynamic and uncommon loadout and gear?

Master of the Universe

I've always played with non modern gear as I just find it a bit more interesting from the historical side of things. More aesthetically pleasing to my eye too.

Have never been into modern loadouts, find them a bit overdone and busy and I don't like M4s. I spent years playing with British Falklands gear and my trusty FN FAL until it recently broke, so decided to go full on Vietnam instead. Always really liked the look of gear from that era.

If anyone calls my new CAR-15 and M4 they'll be getting an earful :D

Master of the Universe

Got a good shot a few weeks ago at Spec Ops actually.

Shame I'm using a modern Japanese rifle (I actually had an m14 with me but the gearbox packed it in that morning, boo!)

Capture.jpg

I've always played with non modern gear as I just find it a bit more interesting from the historical side of things. More aesthetically pleasing to my eye too.

Have never been into modern loadouts, find them a bit overdone and busy and I don't like M4s. I spent years playing with British Falklands gear and my trusty FN FAL until it recently broke, so decided to go full on Vietnam instead. Always really liked the look of gear from that era.

If anyone calls my new CAR-15 and M4 they'll be getting an earful :D

Haha, I completely get you. When i was first getting into the sport i was tempted to go for something like early cold war soviet era such as ppsh or early ak varients. Tho i decided against it for getting into the sport just incase i decided it wasnt for me. So for im stuck with my krytac m4 predator and OD green uniform and webbing. Might decide to put a lil money into getting the other loadout and gear tho.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Luckily older loadouts are actually quite a bit cheaper to put together on ebay. Only expensive thing tends to be the guns!

ahh ntb. May have a serious look into it so, thanks.

So what field do ye all usually play at?

Got a good shot a few weeks ago at Spec Ops actually.

Shame I'm using a modern Japanese rifle (I actually had an m14 with me but the gearbox packed it in that morning, boo!)

Capture.jpg

Tut tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

ahh ntb. May have a serious look into it so, thanks.

So what field do ye all usually play at?

We're restricted to carparks and vacant fields for the moment :D

Actual sites are becoming an endangered species :pac:

Master of the Universe

Fair play to the lads at Spec Ops for keeping the site going amid all the restrictions, I was up there a few weeks ago and they'd really put a lot of work in to ensure they were compliant. Really hope they can weather the storm as I love the site.

Yeah i had my fair share of backdoor airsoftin. Had a friend who owned a big forest so camped out and had a good few games back in april.

I know Red hills had also put in a lot of effort to keep their site going also, even when kildare went back into lockdown.

anyone going to Operation Riptide in Bellurgan Park?

Master of the Universe

Very tempted but I'm going away the weekend after and can't risk an injury at it :(

Looks like it's going to be good, hopefully the weather continues on the way it has been the last few days!

Have a communion next week not a hope I'm gaming this month unfortunately

Ahh ok thats fair. Its my first milism so im hoping it works out well. Only problem is my mate had to drop out so im going solo😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Ahh ok thats fair. Its my first milism so im hoping it works out well. Only problem is my mate had to drop out so im going solo��

That's good, now there will be nobody to identify you for war crimes ;)

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    That's good, now there will be nobody to identify you for war crimes ;)

Just the way i like it.

Master of the Universe

I managed to find the final piece of my VN gear puzzle, a new G&P Car-15!

I've been looking for a G&P M16 or CAR-15 for ages, they're long out of production so fairly impossible to get. For some reason Firesupport had 2 listed so I thought I'd go for it. Build quality on it is amazing.

39ae9463-8632-4a2a-af91-87e67200fb90.jpg[/url]

22deb524-293c-4354-adcc-10e3ebed7918.jpg[/url]

Fires support are known for having the odd dusty box in their warehouse ,out of stock every where else ,

Nice find though

Master of the Universe

Yeah I'd say that's what it was! I was a bit concerned buying something that was a bit older and had been stored away for a while but really wanted one so went for it.

They gave it a look over and downgraded it to 1j first, really shooting lovely now. Much better reach and accuracy than any of my other AEGs.

Yeah I'd say that's what it was! I was a bit concerned buying something that was a bit older and had been stored away for a while but really wanted one so went for it.

They gave it a look over and downgraded it to 1j first, really shooting lovely now. Much better reach and accuracy than any of my other AEGs.

2020 you make your come back and mange to pick up a fine antique at the same time

Congrats thats a pretty nice buy. May send us a pic of the whole kit!

Master of the Universe

Thanks! Will do.

Any of you guys hitting any sites anytime soon? I was going to head up to Special Ops on Sunday but with the new restrictions decided against it.

Well after the milism i might be headin up to redhill to week after. Just to clear to slow pace with a nice quick skirmish with rentals haha

• Advertisement

Thanks! Will do.

Any of you guys hitting any sites anytime soon? I was going to head up to Special Ops on Sunday but with the new restrictions decided against it.
    Well after the milism i might be headin up to redhill to week after. Just to clear to slow pace with a nice quick skirmish with rentals haha

Waiting for restrictions to be lifted , would love to bump into you o1s1n for a few games , been a while since hitting spec ops

Redhills is a decent site ,I'd recommend it for starters it's compact with decent numbers of regulars and very little messing going on. ,

Advertisement