Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny 2.0 (PC)

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

The new season pass thing seems cool, feels like you get a bit more and the upgrade options for gear feels really nice.

Feels less random and more like control over stuff you like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I own the base game and forsaken,im not sure i want to invest anymore money in the game.
    Im curious to see whats on offer with the game now,with this new setup anyone know what position im in in terms of access or lack of access to content?

Dcully wrote: »
    I own the base game and forsaken,im not sure i want to invest anymore money in the game.
    Im curious to see whats on offer with the game now,with this new setup anyone know what position im in in terms of access or lack of access to content?

It's not overly clear from what I have read online you will get access to it but I don't know what is locked.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

you'll pretty much have what yuo always had, base game + forsaken, you won;t have access to any of the new shadowkeep content, deluxe editiion will get you shadowkeep + 4 seasons of events that come out this year, basic edition will get you shadowkeep + 1 season (and you an but the next 3 seasons seperately)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The only paid content available for D2 right now is Forsaken,Shadowkeep and an annual pass for 4 seasons.

The current season,Season of the Undying is included with Shadowkeep. The annual pass will be for the 4 seasons follwing season of the undying.

• Advertisement

Finished the campaign, was kind of a little underwhelmed in a way. There was no grand ceremony or anything I had to Google if I was done.

Overall though I am excited to see where the story leads us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Calhoun wrote: »
    Finished the campaign, was kind of a little underwhelmed in a way. There was no grand ceremony or anything I had to Google if I was done.

Overall though I am excited to see where the story leads us.

When the repeatable missions show, is that it?

Its just grinding dailies/repeats for content then? outside pvp

nix wrote: »
    When the repeatable missions show, is that it?

Its just grinding dailies/repeats for content then? outside pvp

You do a mission called beyond after you get all the gear pieces. Then get sent to report back to the vanguard.

As you said the starting quest also becomes repeatable.

New raid is starting today, they are expanding on
    the vex and the garden lore. In the final cutscenes we are taken to the black garden which is a vex simulation infested by the darkness. Apparently was the last boss in destiny 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Calhoun wrote: »
    You do a mission called beyond after you get all the gear pieces. Then get sent to report back to the vanguard.

As you said the starting quest also becomes repeatable.

New raid is starting today, they are expanding on
    the vex and the garden lore. In the final cutscenes we are taken to the black garden which is a vex simulation infested by the darkness. Apparently was the last boss in destiny 1.

Was the main story in vanilla D1.

As they're going a different way with the story telling now, it doesn't really end as we're used to. It's being stretched across the seasons, rather than little stories here and there per season.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Was the main story in vanilla D1.

As they're going a different way with the story telling now, it doesn't really end as we're used to. It's being stretched across the seasons, rather than little stories here and there per season.

Ok so it progresses more next week? or is it a monthly thing? Or am i getting it wrong?

I'm kinda lost on what to do tbh, out of the loop about a year now. There seems to be some content i missed out on prior to shadowkeep, worth doing that?

The dreaming city dailies was the last stuff i was farming prior to packing it in..

• Advertisement

Ok so it progresses more next week? or is it a monthly thing? Or am i getting it wrong?

I'm kinda lost on what to do tbh, out of the loop about a year now. There seems to be some content i missed out on prior to shadowkeep, worth doing that?

The dreaming city dailies was the last stuff i was farming prior to packing it in..

It'll progress throughout the other seasons, as well as whatever happens during the seasons themselves.
    Vex offensive starts today I believe, so that'll be keeping you occupied for a while, plus we don't know if new stuff will be happening next week with the main story. Doubt it'll be anything huge, but we'll see come Tuesday.

Another quick/dumb question, my banks got a load of purples in it, all pre shadowkeep expansion, should i just dismantle anything pre-shadowkeep as they dont have the relic slots?

I've been keeping them about as they have good perks, but i wouldnt mind the shards/mats tbh :D

Another quick/dumb question, my banks got a load of purples in it, all pre shadowkeep expansion, should i just dismantle anything pre-shadowkeep as they dont have the relic slots?

I've been keeping them about as they have good perks, but i wouldnt mind the shards/mats tbh :D

I personally started going that as I needed the components for armor upgrades.

I gutted my vault the week before shadowkeep.
    I kept one set that I usually wear, solstice armour, the menagerie set, PvP armour and gambit prime armour. Everything else got sharded.

Ok went to town on it, went from 50 shards to over 400 :D

Logged in there now for the first time since soon after forsaken, cant remember a thing or what to do next, i see i need to go to the moon but need to be 780 , my 3 toons are 750.

750 is fine, we all started out at that for the first mission.
    900 is easy to hit as well, grind only really starts after that, as blue stuff mostly drops up to 900, although you'll get a few higher blues as you move up

In game, press "M" and then "Season" top right and claim yer first reward for new exotic and full armor. Will give you the power boost you need, you can claim the first reward on all of your characters.

In game, press "M" and then "Season" top right and claim yer first reward for new exotic and full armor. Will give you the power boost you need, you can claim the first reward on all of your characters.

Not seeing anything to claim, just got a nostalgic engram from someone but ive heard its best to hold that until power level 900.

Not seeing anything to claim, just got a nostalgic engram from someone but ive heard its best to hold that until power level 900.

As you level you unlock stuff.

• Advertisement

Not seeing anything to claim, just got a from someone but ive heard its best to hold that until power level 900.

Should be able to get it now, if not by the end of the intro quest. And nostalgic engrams are for the eververse, just cosmetics/mounts inside pretty much..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wikki

Guys i stopped playing destiny on august 2022. Should i comeback?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Depends on what you enjoy doing.

The story in the newest expansion Lightfall isn't great. It's short enough and has an annoying main character. The new subclass Strand however is excellent. A lot of fun and quite different to anything else in the game.

There are two new raids and two new dungeons since you last played, you could have some fun trying those out. There's also a new Fireteam Finder built right into the game that makes finding fireteams for these activities a lot more seamless than before.

The PvP sandbox is probably in its best state for a long time, and there's a new mode called Checkmate that focuses on primary gun battles over special and ability spam.

On the flip side, the new expansion has been delayed until the summer, so the current season will run for another 6 months. There's an activity called Riven's Lair that the community generally seems to enjoy, but I got pretty tired of it already.

Overall, there's probably a good 20 - 40 hours of content to work through depending on what you like and if you're prepared to pop into raids / dungeons.

Advertisement