Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

I think he was the Bossman of the site above therefore a large funeral is certainly warranted. I remember him around I knew him to see him and I could be wrong on this but I personally never saw him put a foot wrong. Jolly friendly chap RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I think he was the Bossman of the site above therefore a large funeral is certainly warranted. I remember him around I knew him to see him and I could be wrong on this but I personally never saw him put a foot wrong. Jolly friendly chap RIP.

He didn't live on the site, he was from over the Old Bridge.

Very friendly alright and generally a fairly nice guy.

Same can't be said about his kids or more particularly his extended relatives

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Hi there, will be in clonmel tomorrow (Sunday). Can any fellow boardsies recommend a nice cafe for lunch/brunch. Preferably not a pub. Somewhere that does nice sandwiches/wraps etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Hi there, will be in clonmel tomorrow (Sunday). Can any fellow boardsies recommend a nice cafe for lunch/brunch. Preferably not a pub. Somewhere that does nice sandwiches/wraps etc etc

The Junction does a roaring trade and is open Sundays afaik(although do check first).
    I've only been there for their breakfast bap (yum).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Vizzy wrote: »

Mrs CML saw the funeral coming through town. Two black horses (magnificently groomed) pulling a hearse.She did say it looked like a hearse she'd seen on tv for a gangland funeral in Dublin but I couldn't possibly comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Quimby's Irishtown, comes to mind - not a pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Vizzy wrote: »

OK I'm remembering him from well before the Old Bridge houses were built. I also remember a time when the worst stuff the Clonmel Travellers would be in court for were mainly driving offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Fionn wrote: »
    Quimby's Irishtown, comes to mind - not a pub

Not open sundays though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭pooch90

cml387 wrote: »
    The Junction does a roaring trade and is open Sundays afaik(although do check first).
    I've only been there for their breakfast bap (yum).

Second The Junction. Amazing food.
    May have to queue for a table though.

Book market was open today.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Anyone using Tesco mobile network in clonmel? How do you find the coverage around the area? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kk333

That scummer got 10 years back in 2010 for manslaughter. Only in Ireland he'd be let out early to try again.

Great to see so many using the Blueway today. It’s a credit to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

That was Suil Eile - they've arranged walks along The East Munster Way - today was the 1st stage - great organisation - really enjoyed it - looking forward to the next one. The Blueway is a huge local amenity - we should all be out enjoying it.

That was Suil Eile - they've arranged walks along The East Munster Way - today was the 1st stage - great organisation - really enjoyed it - looking forward to the next one. The Blueway is a huge local amenity - we should all be out enjoying it.

I doubt that it had anything to do with Suil Eile at the time I was there! Plenty families and couples walking both ways from Clonmel. The Suil Eile walk was further down from Carrick to Kilsheelan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mickdoocey

I doubt that it had anything to do with Suil Eile at the time I was there! Plenty families and couples walking both ways from Clonmel. The Suil Eile walk was further down from Carrick to Kilsheelan.

the blueway is a great amenity but is too small for bicycle and walkers.
    its impossible to enjoy a walk with the bicycles, I have stopped using it as it dangerous for children.
    I don't blame the bicycles - I blame the council for building a narrow path and then encouraging bicycles and walkers.

It was further down Maryanne. Its not too small if everyone makes space for everyone else. Today we stuck to the right hand side of the path as we walked up, en mass. So bikes overtook us on the left as did walkers and bikes coming towards us. If we saw a bike we shouted out and let the people in front/behind know so they could move to make room.

It worked a treat and there was 150 of us - just needs patience from all the users

It was further down Maryanne. Its not too small if everyone makes space for everyone else. Today we stuck to the right hand side of the path as we walked up, en mass. So bikes overtook us on the left as did walkers and bikes coming towards us. If we saw a bike we shouted out and let the people in front/behind know so they could move to make room.

It worked a treat and there was 150 of us - just needs patience from all the users

but you will notice something when you use the blueway regularly - no young children. people with young kids don't use it. #
    its too dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

mickdoocey wrote: »
    but you will notice something when you use the blueway regularly - no young children. people with young kids don't use it. #
    its too dangerous

Once cyclists take their time and have a bell I don't see any issues (I'm a cyclist and have used it a few times).

If I had small kids I'd be a little weary bringing them along the path because of the river - I'd certainly be holding their hand all the way. Maybe that's just me and others wouldn't see an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

I run on the blueway and find it great, every cyclist I've ever met on it has been respectful and cycled in single file where there was more than one of them. I don't like bringing my kids up there much because they love looking over the edge and I'm a nervous wreck thinking they might fall in.

its too dangerous

There were two young families on it when I was. One family had a dog too.

• Advertisement

Loads of kids, dogs and bikes on it yesterday. If we all slow down and be more patient, there is room for everyone IMHO

Loads of kids, dogs and bikes on it yesterday. If we all slow down and be more patient, there is room for everyone IMHO

Exactly. I was glad to hear cyclists using bells.

if your running or walking or cycling and minding yourself there is no issue.
    you cannot bring young children on it due to its size
    it is too small to accommodate the amount of people who use it
    - i have no real issue with this as i consider the blue way in essence an urban path.
    I personally am not going to walk the blueway and have to supervise my children or hold their hand, you cant enjoy it and they don't enjoy it.
    But , I just go other places where they can run wild.

As a parent of a few children, the fact that it's pretty much an adults only zone adds to it's appeal for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

julyjane wrote: »
    As a parent of a few children, the fact that it's pretty much an adults only zone adds to it's appeal for me :D

Sometimes I wish they did child, teenager free shopping hours, evenings in shopping centers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

the blueway is a great amenity but is too small for bicycle and walkers.
    its impossible to enjoy a walk with the bicycles, I have stopped using it as it dangerous for children.
    I don't blame the bicycles - I blame the council for building a narrow path and then encouraging bicycles and walkers.
    Not much the council can do about widening it if landowenrs won't sell them the land to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

anyone know of a place in clonmel that repairs phones (a cracked screen)?

is fuzzd up still there? behind McDonald's. If they can't do it they'll certainly direct you to someone who can

• Registered Users Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭klose

Cant say I know now any but anyone I've known to get cracked screens repaired in any of those sort of shops have nothing but issues with them afterwards .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭All in all

I got a replacement screen in a place at bottom of Cashel Road beside Lyons, worked fine.

Advertisement