Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cocaine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Strumms wrote: »
    They choose, they have choices, they make choices.

If I become a heroin addict it’s because I go make the effort at the outset to procure it or make a decision to accept it if offered... I choose to be a user and end up being an addict.

Education re: drugs is available, you can’t blame ignorance, you can’t blame society... I know it’s unfashionable but in 2020 when people are asked to take personal responsibility and accept blame for their choices and mistakes ie. and fûcking held accountable, a deeply unfashionable expectation it seems, you get.. toys out of the pram.

You don't choose to be born into a horrible background to an addict single mother and being subject to all kinds of abuse as a child. A lot, if not all heroin addicts have had childhood trauma, it's a very common theme. I've seen addicts in Dublin screaming in the faces of their kids telling them to shut the f*ck up and slapping them etc. They've no chance and will hate the world and themselves when they're older.
    Easy for you to say it's a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

You don't choose to be born into a horrible background to an addict single mother and being subject to all kinds of abuse as a child. A lot, if not all heroin addicts have had childhood trauma, it's a very common theme. I've seen addicts in Dublin screaming in the faces of their kids telling them to shut the f*ck up and slapping them etc. They've no chance and will hate the world and themselves when they're older.
    Easy for you to say it's a choice.

It’s a choice.... because they pick up a phone, dial a number, looking for the drug....or when someone says “here try it”... they choose ‘yes’.

Trauma is part of life... lots of people have to endure trauma but don’t use it as an excuse with which to abdicate responsibility and behave in a way that will damage their health and the health and wellbeing of those around them.

If a junkie off their head stabs or assaults someone, no provocation.... an assault say, from behind, without provocation as happened to me.... should they just be of the ability to tell the investigating Garda ... “well, the heroin made me do it” ? Only for the Garda to say..” ok, look go home, mind yourself and cut that out” ?

Or

Should the Garda arrest them, as they have committed an assault ?

You can be born into a background. But the responsibility for ones actions lies with everyone of us.

If not every scumbag criminal just can play their background card. What fun that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Ok Nancy Regan. You should get into addiction treatment and tell them all they can just say no, it's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ok Nancy Regan. You should get into addiction treatment and tell them all they can just say no, it's that simple.

Many of us, when we were offered drugs, did in fact say no....

If I’d said yes, it’s on me, not society or anybody else.

If I’m given the chance to join an armed gang, robbing a post office, on the way out I get shot by the Gardai... I don’t blame society, Joe Duffy, politics... I choose to get involved in a serious crime, it’s on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

Figging involves pushing a slice of ginger up your anus. Just because it’s legal to engage in such deviancy doesn’t mean you should. And if that’s legal why isn’t cocaine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,014 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Piehead wrote: »
    Figging involves pushing a slice of ginger up your anus. Just because it’s legal to engage in such deviancy doesn’t mean you should. And if that’s legal why isn’t cocaine?

The Gingers have too much power and infuence?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

Follow Thai style law, build a few more jails with basic indecent facilities, arm the guards. Mandatory and immediate death penalty for any kind of dealer, minimum 5 year sentence for possession, that will sort 90 % of the issue(s)

As for blood on hands, your probably wearing clothing made somewhere hot,no doubt many a child has suffered and even died, so guilty as charged there eh

I was in Thailand many times and I know from personal experience people still buy and sell drugs in that country. Crystal meth (ice) and yabba were very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

Whats not talked about much is that about half the people in the Irish media use or have used cocaine at some point.

These are very same people that will talk down to the rest of us.

Big Gerry wrote: »
    Whats not talked about much is that about half the people in the Irish media use or have used cocaine at some point.

very true, I heard a retired judge on Marian Finucane's radio show say cocaine is poison, it's not, but she didn't correct him on this falsehood. Then I heard a caller on Joe Duffy say if u take drugs ur 'guaranteed' to become a thief. Not true, I've never robbed to use drugs, I doubt Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger or Ben Dunne did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Cocaine is great , yeeehawww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,014 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

and the other half are people who think all drugs are the same while happily downing multiple pints several times a week.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

akelly02 wrote: »
    Cocaine is great , yeeehawww

'Tis a hell of a drug in all fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Tomaldo wrote: »
    . Not true, I've never robbed to use drugs, I doubt Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger or Ben Dunne did.

I bet you Ben Dunne did:D

I'd rather these so called grown adults took some civic responsibility and realised that their selfish hedonism has consequences. Coke isn't going to be made legal in any shape or form, I'm not aware of any jurisdiction that has made it legal across the board.

How do you know it's not going to be legal, have u a crystal ball, will u lend it to me, I wanna clean the bookies out. Selfish hedonism? your prohibitionist opinions also have the same consequences. Ian Paisley said the word 'never' a lot and look what he ended up doing. If Martin McGuinness and him could share power, then then the legalisation of coke should be a doddle in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its not relevant for this conversation either. Hypocrisy makes the world go round, we all know that.

The question is, does ANYONE who uses coke, including media types, including farmers, including your friendly barista - AND by the way, including serving Gardaí - have blood on their hands?

Absolutely they do, every last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Its not relevant for this conversation either. Hypocrisy makes the world go round, we all know that.

The question is, does ANYONE who uses coke, including media types, including farmers, including your friendly barista - AND by the way, including serving Gardaí - have blood on their hands?

As does everybody who have anything in their hands.

Suicide nets at Foxconn . . . .
    Precious metals
    Rare elements for renewables

Prohibition takes away the rule of law and allows lawless elements to take control.

Richard Nixon and his supporters have infinitely more blood on their hands for supporting and enforcing an unwinnable 'war'. Whatever happened to the argument 'my body, my choice'

Anybody who does cocaine is sub-human slime.
    Anybody who believes that is lower than sub-human slime. Attitudes like that believed the Magdalene Laundries were a good idea. Were The Beatles, Rolling Stones and Maradona slime, they brought sunshine to a lot of people's lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

and even old grannys too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Anybody who believes that is lower than sub-human slime. Attitudes like that believed the Magdalene Laundries were a good idea. Were The Beatles, Rolling Stones and Maradona slime, they brought sunshine to a lot of people's lives.

...a lot of hassle for some

• Advertisement

Legalising cocaine is a nutty idea, there'd still be a huge blackmarket cocaine market, just like the tax free & fake cigarette options.

Augeo wrote: »
    Legalising cocaine is a nutty idea, there'd still be a huge blackmarket cocaine market, just like the tax free & fake cigarette options.

...is our current approach truly working?

...........Attitudes like that believed the Magdalene Laundries were a good idea. ............

They were preferable to loads of feral scrotes terrorising their neighbours on scramblers and robbing workers of their phones around the IFSC.

Wanderer78 wrote: »

No, but legalising it won't work either.
    Do folk reckon Boots will liaise with cartels in South America to import "legal" daz?

what does work mean, in this context?

They were preferable to loads of feral scrotes terrorising their neighbours on scramblers and robbing workers of their phones around the IFSC.

the laundries were a part of our disturbing past, where we sent our social dysfunctions, similar to what our current prison systems do

what does work mean, in this context?

Right back at you kid.

Off you go now ang google some of your usual inane sources and copy and paste someone else's scutter here.

What it means in my context is that as there'd be a blackmarket (undoubtedly, cigarette market is an examply) all of the current systems failings would still be there.

Do folk reckon Boots will liaise with cartels in South America to import "legal" daz?

it would require state interaction, along side private sector bodies

Right back at you kid.

Off you go now ang google some of your usual inane sources and copy and paste someone else's scutter here.

...ah i ll stick to my own brain thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mecrab

How is this drug so popular.. it's absolutely MANK. Especially the Irish cocaine that's so stamped down with adulterants. Feel on top of the world for 5 minutes then the dopamine levels plummet and you feel like you just murdered 10 babies until you have another sniff but each one brings less and less euphoria and before you know it it's 6am the birds are chirping and you're questioning just what the **** are you doing in life to be sitting there skagged ta fook wishing you'd said "not tonight mate"

Advertisement