Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Paddocks, Newbridge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Life1234

Hi All,

Thanks for all your help to date with this. We have bought a house in The Paddocks. We are hoping to get in for Snagging by the end of the month / early September. Can anyone recommend a professional snagger that they used please?

Also, we are looking to get tiles in the kitchen / utility room, laminate floor in the sitting room, hall & bedrooms & then carpets on the stairs and landing. Can anyone advise on a supplier for this if they used one? I have been told that the tiles in the bathrooms come as per show house.

Also, we are looking to get blinds in the house, can anyone recommend someone for Venetian blinds, I notice that is what most people have on their houses in the estate.

Any help is much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Thurn

Life1234 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks for all your help to date with this. We have bought a house in The Paddocks. We are hoping to get in for Snagging by the end of the month / early September. Can anyone recommend a professional snagger that they used please?

Also, we are looking to get tiles in the kitchen / utility room, laminate floor in the sitting room, hall & bedrooms & then carpets on the stairs and landing. Can anyone advise on a supplier for this if they used one? I have been told that the tiles in the bathrooms come as per show house.

Also, we are looking to get blinds in the house, can anyone recommend someone for Venetian blinds, I notice that is what most people have on their houses in the estate.

Any help is much appreciated.

Congratulations on your new house you are nearly there!

I can not really help you with the snagging. I snagged the house myself with my father in law.

As you said the tiles in the bathrooms are as per show house so you do not need to buy tiles for the bathdrooms. However, the bathdrooms do not come with shower doors/enclosure so you will need to buy that. I got mine in B&Q at a very competitive price. The only downside of B&Q is that I had to order mine and took a few weeks for it to come. You can always ask Bryan if you can measure the shower tray so you can order it. Like this by the time you move in it is ready for you to install it.

I have laminate flooring everywhere else in the house. I bought mine in a place called Floor design in Kylemore Park North in Dublin. I was interested in 12mm laminate. It is difficult to find a supplier for 12mm at a good cost.

Bear in mind that I needed a fear bit since I have laminate everywhere.
    I did lots of research and I found that Floor design had an excellent quality flooring at good price. They only supply the floor but they can give you a contact for somebody to install it at a competitive price.

As for the blinds I got mine in IKEA. They have them in a lot of sizes and colours and are super easy to install.

Good luck with the move!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Hi all,

I've placed a deposit on one of the remaining 3 beds in phase 2 this week. Estate seems nice and quiet and I used to work in Newbridge so know the town.
    Looking for some insights if anyone can help:
    How was the builder to deal with?
    Was it possible to make changes to the kitchen/utility room units?
    Current timeline is completion in March - how have the timelines been for people?
    Any major red flags come up in the snag?
    How are people finding the estate in general?

Apologies for all the questions and thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emzii666

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well.
    Has anyone moved in from Phase 2, or have done their snag list?

@tomister We dealt with Bryan the site manager, he was nice enough, we got his details from Sarah (Coonans Estates). Allowed to to see it as it was being constructed, and into the show house for measuring the floors . We went with carpetright Naas, if you are going there ask for Gary lovely man, he remembers all his customers!

You will be need to contact Cawleys furniture (Cherry Orchard Industrial Estate) to make any amendments to the kitchen/utility units. We dealt with <SNIP>

Timeline for us was originally September (from the real estate agent) when we went to sign contracts it was then October. Snag is due end of this month/beginning of November *fingers crossed* we have been emailing for more details but thats as far as we really get. They are waiting on ESB connections.

I hope this was of some help :) wish I had more info and best of luck in March!

Thanks from your soon to be neighbour!

emzii666 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well.
    Has anyone moved in from Phase 2, or have done their snag list?

@tomister We dealt with Bryan the site manager, he was nice enough, we got his details from Sarah (Coonans Estates). Allowed to to see it as it was being constructed, and into the show house for measuring the floors . We went with carpetright Naas, if you are going there ask for Gary lovely man, he remembers all his customers!

You will be need to contact Cawleys furniture (Cherry Orchard Industrial Estate) to make any amendments to the kitchen/utility units. We dealt with <SNIP>

Timeline for us was originally September (from the real estate agent) when we went to sign contracts it was then October. Snag is due end of this month/beginning of November *fingers crossed* we have been emailing for more details but thats as far as we really get. They are waiting on ESB connections.

I hope this was of some help :) wish I had more info and best of luck in March!

Thanks from your soon to be neighbour!

Thanks for the info! Contracts came back today from the vendor's solicitor so I can start getting in touch with Sarah to get Bryan's details. Want to get measurements done so I can price furniture etc.

Looking forward to moving down. Seems like a nice quiet estate.
    Hope your snag goes well and you get the keys in a few weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 fo.a

tomister wrote: »
    Thanks for the info! Contracts came back today from the vendor's solicitor so I can start getting in touch with Sarah to get Bryan's details. Want to get measurements done so I can price furniture etc.

Looking forward to moving down. Seems like a nice quiet estate.
    Hope your snag goes well and you get the keys in a few weeks!

Have you moved in yet? How long did it take for you to get the keys?
    Were you able to speak to Bryan and make any changes?

Thank you for the help

fo.a wrote: »
    Have you moved in yet? How long did it take for you to get the keys?
    Were you able to speak to Bryan and make any changes?

Thank you for the help

Hi fo.a,

My house is across the green from the show house so I’m not due to get keys until March.
    Spoke to Bryan but my kitchen was already fitted so couldn’t make changes. Coonan estates were not very clear that there were no options on the kitchens etc. Bryan was very helpful though
    Have you bought a house here yourself?

Hi fo.a,

My house is across the green from the show house so I’m not due to get keys until March.
    Spoke to Bryan but my kitchen was already fitted so couldn’t make changes. Coonan estates were not very clear that there were no options on the kitchens etc. Bryan was very helpful though
    Have you bought a house here yourself?

Hi Tomister,

Thank you for the quick response and information.
    We've put the deposit in so hopefully will sign the contract soon as we've had issues with the mortgage for some time. We're probably in a similar situation as we'd probably be too late to make any changes...

We'll be close by as ours is just down the road from the show house, so would be happy to meet once we move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kadu1234

Hi all,

I just put a deposit on a 3 bed semi in the Paddocks aswell....exciting times!!!
    Is there an option to move things around the kitchen....I never asked Coonans. Also are any of the white goods/hob/oven included with the kitchen?

Thanks

Kadu1234 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I just put a deposit on a 3 bed semi in the Paddocks aswell....exciting times!!!
    Is there an option to move things around the kitchen....I never asked Coonans. Also are any of the white goods/hob/oven included with the kitchen?

Thanks

Congratulations and welcome to the estate!
    If the kitchen is yet to be fitted you might be in luck. Cowley’s are very nice to deal with so ask Sarah for their details and get on to them. I wasn’t able to as the kitchen was fitted by the time everything was signed.
    Only thing that’s there is the kitchen extractor fan. DID in the town have some good deals on in the sale and will hold until the house is ready.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Hi Tomister,

Thanks for the reply.
    Reading back over the thread it sounds like the house i picked will be backing onto your row of houses.

Do you think they will be ready in March...I was over looking at the site at the weekend and there is still a few houses in that block to be built. I wonder will they release your row of houses first before they release the ones behind.

I'm presuming the roadway will have to be completed all the way around before they hand over the keys!!!

Hi Tomister,

Thanks for the reply.
    Reading back over the thread it sounds like the house i picked will be backing onto your row of houses.

Do you think they will be ready in March...I was over looking at the site at the weekend and there is still a few houses in that block to be built. I wonder will they release your row of houses first before they release the ones behind.

I'm presuming the roadway will have to be completed all the way around before they hand over the keys!!!

I have to say they've gone up pretty quick. When I was down for my first viewing my house was only at the roof stage and when I went back for the second viewing it was all water tight. The houses behind mine hadn't started then and they're all water tight now too.

They were focused on finishing the other side of the estate, down behind the show house as those were to be released before Christmas. Was down about 2 weeks ago and they've that side done with the road re surfaced and everything. They're starting the road on our side after Christmas.

For my own house Bryan is saying mid Feb for completion but this will depend on the services like ESB and then the road itself. Will be in contact with him in the New Year as I need to get the valuation sorted for the mortgage.
    Did they give you a timeline for yours at all?

I haven't got a date at the minute....think they said April initially.
    I double checked with Coonan's and they said that there is no option to make changes in the kitchen as fit and finish is standard.
    Asked about outside tap, socket and light at the back door but waiting to hear back on these.

Spoke to Bryan this week to organise valuation and he's hoping I should be ready in 7-8 weeks. This could be delayed by the ESB doing the connection which I've heard happens a lot. Other than that they seem pretty much on track. Ground works should be done in 4-5 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Life1234

Hi All,

I am back again with more questions. We moved into The Paddocks in November & we are really enjoying it so far. It is a lovely quiet estate and Bryan was great to deal with (site Foreman). We are looking to get into The Paddocks residents WhatsApp group please? How do I go about this? Also, would anyone be able to recommend a cleaner? We are just looking for once a week 2 hours or so!

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Hello to all you semi d'rs.

Quick question, how are you finding the soundproofing between you and your neighbours shared wall?

Hello to all you semi d'rs.

Quick question, how are you finding the soundproofing between you and your neighbours shared wall?

Haven't moved in yet... hoping that based on your message I'm not going to be watching next door's TV with them...

Haven't moved in yet... hoping that based on your message I'm not going to be watching next door's TV with them...

Oh no, I'm also buying, was just curious about the dividing wall and travelling sound.

Oh no, I'm also buying, was just curious about the dividing wall and travelling sound.

Phew! No one here has mentioned it so I'm hoping its not going to be an issue. I should be in by the end of March so will let you know what its like

Can anyone recommend a solicitor they used.

Also looks like im joining the gang. Nice to meet you all.

Bring on the WhatsApp groups ;)

• Advertisement

So I took a spin out and saw that some of the non brick finish houses are turning green or having water staining under the window sills. Then read that washing this causes the white paint to come off.

How are you planning forward. Is it a case you'll have to get a repaint with a hardier weatherproof paint in the near future?

So I took a spin out and saw that some of the non brick finish houses are turning green or having water staining under the window sills. Then read that washing this causes the white paint to come off.

How are you planning forward. Is it a case you'll have to get a repaint with a hardier weatherproof paint in the near future?

The sills need to be painted with weather proof paint which will help the staining and the house will also need to be painted again with paint that can be power washed

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Asdaman

Hi All,

I've got an estimated completion date of March. For those who have moved in already, how realistic is this in reality?

Asdaman wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've got an estimated completion date of March. For those who have moved in already, how realistic is this in reality?

I was given mid March and am snagging this week so seem to be on track. Now with the weather this week it might delay the ground works but the valuation was carried out on Monday and he said the house itself is finished and looks well

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Asdaman

Great, thanks for sharing your experience. The new phase is coming along nicely anyway

@tomister that's great news that your snagging soon! Haven't got my snag date yet hoping for mid March to get the keys!

@tomister that's great news that your snagging soon! Haven't got my snag date yet hoping for mid March to get the keys!

Hey Kadu, was on to them today and as I thought the weather has delayed the groundworks by about 2 weeks. Looks like it’s mid March for keys for me. However it could be the same for you as it looks like the houses are good to go but the groundworks are holding everything up

Hi,

How can we be added to the WhatsApp group?

Thanks

@tomister, thanks for the update. It's disappointing/frustrating for you being pushed out by 2 weeks...it's feels like being in limbo at the minute waiting for keys and not being able to organise much without firm dates.

@fo.a are you in your house? I'm not in the Whatsapp yet....maybe private message someone already in their house???

• Advertisement

@tomister, thanks for the update. It's disappointing/frustrating for you being pushed out by 2 weeks...it's feels like being in limbo at the minute waiting for keys and not being able to organise much without firm dates.

@fo.a are you in your house? I'm not in the Whatsapp yet....maybe private message someone already in their house???

I'm going to pop down tomorrow to see how they're getting on. Hopefully its only 2 weeks of a delay as like yourself I want to organise delivery dates and had started ordering furniture for the end of March.
    Are you getting down much? I'll take some pics tomorrow

Advertisement