Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pottery classes

Options
  • 18-04-2014 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi!

Anyone know of any pottery making classes around Portarlington or Portlaois area that would be aimed at adults rather than children?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

draven3410 wrote: »
    Hi!

Anyone know of any pottery making classes around Portarlington or Portlaois area that would be aimed at adults rather than children?

Thanks!
    It might be a bit late but then again you might want to make some Xmas gifts - I am doing pottery workshops in Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭draven3410

Hi!

Can you post the details of when and where you are holding the workshops please?
    Do you run them often?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

Hi makeandcreate you should have a pm.

I'm doing an open studio for adults on Monday 1st, 8th and 15th December or Wed 3rd,10th and 17th December.
    They are a small informal class - starting with some basic painting pieces, hand building, framed picture with terracotta and then working on a larger piece - e.g a jug or planter. Alternatively you can make Xmas decorations and choose something from the range of available bisque. All materials are supplied and the 3 workshops cost €60 - this also includes all clay, firing costs, glazes, paints etc - there might even be a mince pie! Available Mornings 11am to 1 pm and Evenings 8pm to 10pm. Please PM if interested.

Sorry, just saw your reply there. Are you planning on do classes after Christmas? It's for my wife and unfortunately she wouldn't have been able to make any of those dates due to work.

• Advertisement

hi - Yes - I'll be starting up again the end of Jan - I'll send you on the details - if you wanted a gift idea, I can do a personalised and boxed Xmas card with a pottery classes voucher ;-)

Sounds good. I'll contact you when I get an idea of my wife's work hours :)

Advertisement