Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good mechanics in Portlaoise

Options
  • 23-09-2013 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says. Need a mechanic quickly, not too expensive and who knows what they're doing.

Any recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,726 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

As the title says. Need a mechanic quickly, not too expensive and who knows what they're doing.

Any recommendations

Tom Downey. Across the road from KWS on the timahoe road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Any chance you could pm his number to me? Tried google and just get results for downeys auto shop

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

+1 on this :) .

Do you have the number mam of 4?

Do you have the number mam of 4?

Sent you a pm :)

• Advertisement

You're a star

no problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Hi,

I recently got work done with a very good and reasonably priced mechanic in Mountmellick. Sean Cussen. He was part of the Central Garage outfit.

I'll pm you his number

Any chance you could pm his number to me? Tried google and just get results for downeys auto shop

Sorry just back on now. I'm assuming the number has been sent on.

Absolutely dispicable service by Downeys, rang yesterday, got a time to bring car down there this morning at 9:10, car wouldn't start, rang them they said they'd be up within the hour, waited all day, rang them at half twelve, he said they'd be down between 1 and 2, still no sign of them.

Any recommendations to reliable mechanics? Need car by weekend

• Advertisement

Absolutely dispicable service by Downeys, rang yesterday, got a time to bring car down there this morning at 9:10, car wouldn't start, rang them they said they'd be up within the hour, waited all day, rang them at half twelve, he said they'd be down between 1 and 2, still no sign of them.

So sorry to hear that to be honest. Have never had anything other than a professional and excellent service from them. Wouldn't have recommended them to you otherwise, again, sorry to hear it didn't go well for you.

Didn't mean to sound ungrateful for your recommendation yesterday mo4, :)

Didn't mean to sound ungrateful for your recommendation yesterday mo4, :)

God, no you didn't Lexie, I'm just sorry it wasn't positive for you :)

Is this Tom Downey the mechanic your talking about or Downeys mechanics on the Dublin road?

Is this Tom Downey the mechanic your talking about or Downeys mechanics on the Dublin road?

Tom Downeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

What you could do is buy a car valuation with motorcheck.ie (for €8) and then that entitles you to a month's free breakdown cover. The only problem with breakdown cover is that it it usually requires your car to be brought to an SIMI garage and that will mean dearer bills.

Perhaps a better option for you, now that your car is not working, is to ring Dysart Motors who run the local breakdown service also. http://www.portlaoiseontheweb.com/dysart.html

When my car broke down in May, they were just great. When I was considering hiring a van for a house move back in Feb, they were also very courteous and professional.

They're on the Timahoe Rd, @Lexieonrale, so not too far for you to get home either. Give them a ring on the mobiles, they run a breakdown service so you might even get the car lifted tonight or first thing in the morning.

All the best

Thanks Ri, will get on to them tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

George Dalton

www.daltons.ie

Tom Downeys.

I can't say I've ever had a problem with him. Sorry it didn't work out for you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Bradys in Portlaoise, the garage where the Statoil-Topaz Petrol station is based on the Abbeyleix road. Had fierce hassle with my car last November when the engine was wrecked. One of the brothers came down to my house, and towed the car up to the garage (they have a breakdown service as well). The cost of getting my engine done was a bit pricey (for what had to be done), but i got my car back within 2 days which was a relief. Very honest and tell you up front the cost and what needs to be done, i'd recommend them, no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Could not recommend George Dalton enough, professional service.

And a regular poster on here to the people used to the motors section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Can someone send me tom downeys number can he do pick ups? Does anyone know what I'd pay for a tow from the mountmellick road to him

javagal wrote: »
    Can someone send me tom downeys number can he do pick ups? Does anyone know what I'd pay for a tow from the mountmellick road to him

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 23 denisob

YbFocus wrote: »
    Could not recommend George Dalton enough, professional service.

And a regular poster on here to the people used to the motors section.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cliocon

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but looking for a number for tom downey please?

Cliocon wrote: »
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but looking for a number for tom downey please?

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Could I have a number for Tom Downey please?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Can somebody pm me a number for Tom Downey please. Can't find anything on google or the phone book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TaraT23

Hi. Could someone please send me Tom Downeys number? Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 nadiemcgoo

Can anyone send me the number of Tom Downey please?

Advertisement