Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

irish-stew wrote: »
    quite liked this one, played just before the rovers players came out last night

that all stemmed from this video on teh interwebz.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i just thought it was in refernce to paul cook, heard him being refered to as cookie on monday night soccer on rte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

yup it's for cookie alright...they updated the music before games as it was terrible...when i was younger i'd go in 40 mins before kick off and sit in the stand and watch the lads warm up...they played the set of music once or twice testing it....terrible old stuff that included the theme tune to an english football show...great to see this rectified and more effort being put in in the PR department

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Yeah, the music used to be terrible. I remember being at one match in the Showgies and we were sitting in the stand before the match talking about how bad the music was and they put on Silent Night by accident. The main problem about that was it was in April!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

tuppence wrote: »
    They played really well again especially in the 2nd half. Shame about the result:( *
    Great crowd and great atmosphere.

*awaits response from the resident bohs supporter.

Up the Bohs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

anyone heading up to ucd tomorrow for the game?, hopefully can get a good result, have definitely deserved more points than we have got so far this season,

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

have definitely deserved more points than we have got so far this season,
    Yeah get one more point and the total will be doubled :D

very funny, but true! am new to this site but with your location been donegal your not by any chance a Harps fan;)?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dingo dog

i agree, the results this season have not been a true reflection of their perfomances! they should beat (i hope) U.C.D though!!

have a sneaky feeling rovers will get a win, will be my first vist to ucd in a long while, looking forward to seeing the new ground,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 psuedo nim

wont be making this match but good luck to the rovers!! i hope they give ucd a good hiding!!

very funny, but true! am new to this site but with your location been donegal your not by any chance a Harps fan;)?!
    Well spotted ;)

But good luck to your crew against UCD.

Oh nearly forgot - welcome to the forum :)

psuedo nim wrote: »
    wont be making this match but good luck to the rovers!! i hope they give ucd a good hiding!!
    And another new user - welcome aboard and enjoy.

Yourself and garth-marenghi above could do worse than take a couple of minutes and read the forum charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 psuedo nim

thanks for the warm welcome muffler

Did anyone get the new jersey yet? I'm not sure I like this seasons one yet, I think I prefered last years one. Rovers are getting worse than Man Utd for changing kits at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

the new kit is great imo...you're right though,they change them too often.hope we can manage a win tonight

Did anyone get the new jersey yet? I'm not sure I like this seasons one yet, I think I prefered last years one. Rovers are getting worse than Man Utd for changing kits at this stage.

wearing it right now

:D

I wasn't up in Dublin tonight but it ended: UCD 0 - 0 Rovers.

just caught that score my self, no win yet this season

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

just caught that score my self, no win yet this season

Never mind.

Derry beat Drogheda. :)

• Advertisement

and harps lost

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

and harps lost

Ahhh but the weird thing is...

I'm a Derry fan. :p

and harps lost

Ahhh but the weird thing is...

I'm a Derry fan. :p

but just incase the donegal residents didn't know already

<realises we have only amased 2 points so far>

<hides>

was in belfield on friday, one of the worst games of football i have ever seen:mad:, 2 poor teams, awful weather and awful game, am just glad i had a few pre-match pints before hand to numb the pain i was about to experience!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

was in belfield on friday, one of the worst games of football i have ever seen:mad:, 2 poor teams, awful weather and awful game, am just glad i had a few pre-match pints before hand to numb the pain i was about to experience!
    Yes but nothing beats Mooneys heh? ;)

tuppence wrote: »
    Yes but nothing beats Mooneys heh? ;)

just a shame we didn't have that privledge after the bohs game last week

just a shame we didn't have that privledge after the bohs game last week

Tis true. Good Friday and all. A bit of forward planning needed. Miraculously, a few of us still managed to have "a few light ales" (;)) but not from said Mooneys. :(

thats shocking behaviour drinking on Good Friday!;) :p hopefully the team wil get the win they badly need against Cobh, wont be easy though, i see cobh drew with cork tonight, in for a tough season i think, some people even booed rovers at the end of match last night

thats shocking behaviour drinking on Good Friday!;) :p hopefully the team wil get the win they badly need against Cobh, wont be easy though, i see cobh drew with cork tonight, in for a tough season i think, some people even booed rovers at the end of match last night
    Theres no call for that.... Crowds picking too much off the English league or something. I thought it was shocking that Irish fans did it to Stevie Staunton ("I am the gaffer"! ) even though he deserved it. The poor team.

Re the drinking. You'd be surprised the role models out there getting crucified on a Good Friday! Fraid theres just no respect any more! :p

• Advertisement

think people were just annoyed that after making the effort to get to the game, maybe taking time off work, paying for travel, tickets etc the team goes out and the majority of them put in unacceptable performances, not nice when ya boo your own team but sometimes its deserved! saying that though i didnt boo

Advertisement