Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thieves stealing Car parts in Portlaoise

Options
  • 09-01-2014 5:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

Recently heard of two incidents (1 involving a family member) were parts of their vehicles were stolen. Parts stolen were hubcaps and a catalytic converter. Both of these incidents occurred this week.

First (hubcaps) were stolen from a housing estate, bit of a nuisance but replaceable. The second part (cat. converter) costs a lot more to replace I think, and was stolen from a vehicle parked in a car park in downtown Portlaoise.

Please take extra care when parking your car - if you can, park it in a well lit area and covered by security cameras. Avoid leaving your vehicle overnight in downtown Portlaoise.

I am not saying there is a crime wave, or that it will definitely happen, but you are better safe than sorry folks. These people are very opportunistic. They'll take anything they can get. Don't make it easy for them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Augmerson wrote: »
    Recently heard of two incidents (1 involving a family member) were parts of their vehicles were stolen. Parts stolen were hubcaps and a catalytic converter. Both of these incidents occurred this week.

First (hubcaps) were stolen from a housing estate, bit of a nuisance but replaceable. The second part (cat. converter) costs a lot more to replace I think, and was stolen from a vehicle parked in a car park in downtown Portlaoise.

Please take extra care when parking your car - if you can, park it in a well lit area and covered by security cameras. Avoid leaving your vehicle overnight in downtown Portlaoise.

I am not saying there is a crime wave, or that it will definitely happen, but you are better safe than sorry folks. These people are very opportunistic. They'll take anything they can get. Don't make it easy for them.

Joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooe Duffy was speaking about this a few months ago. Its becoming more common.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooe Duffy was speaking about this a few months ago. Its becoming more common.

Doesn't take much time or effort to take them off apparently.

Thought I'd add an update to this:

Heard of 2 car robberies over the weekend.

I'm sure nobody out there does it, but don't leave any valuables in your cars, and if you can think of it, don't leave keys to your house or car just inside the front door. First place these ****ers look is there. Really hope the thieves are caught and brought to justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eddie.g

Might be a good thing to name the areas,that way people could keep an eye open for other peoples cars being attacked as well as knowing the areas to be watched.

Leaving things on show in a car is one thing,but when parts are being robed of cars is another
    Augmerson wrote: »

eddie.g wrote: »
    Might be a good thing to name the areas,that way people could keep an eye open for other peoples cars being attacked as well as knowing the areas to be watched.

Leaving things on show in a car is one thing,but when parts are being robed of cars is another

Ardan Glas, opposite Portlaoise College. That's where the double car theft took place. The stolen Cat. converter was from the County Council carpark which I thought had CCTV?

• Advertisement
Advertisement