Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Making friends in portlaoise

• 31-03-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I've moved from dublin to live with my partner in portlaoise. I don't know many people, only a handful and was looking to see if any one had any tips of getting to know people and where? I'm a 24 year old girl. I do have an interest in sports particularly kick boxing but not a competitive interest, also have a interest in F1 (like my partner). Any suggestions or ideas are welcome?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Yvonne Culleton runs a great Class I think it includes kick boxing gym work etc loads of people up there that are really friendly and welcoming.

You'll find it under THE GYM on facebook if you private mail Yvonne she'll answer anything you need to know.

I'm not in it myself as I don't have the time at the minute but I know loads of people that are and they are all a very friendly bunch..

F1 I'm not too sure I know Kavanaghs bar used to have a group that went in their to watch the big races but I'm not sure now.

Anyway Welcome to Portlaoise hope you settle in soon!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,725 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

lolly28 wrote: »
    I've moved from dublin to live with my partner in portlaoise. I don't know many people, only a handful and was looking to see if any one had any tips of getting to know people and where? I'm a 24 year old girl. I do have an interest in sports particularly kick boxing but not a competitive interest, also have a interest in F1 (like my partner). Any suggestions or ideas are welcome?:)

There's a kick boxing club down beside mc Donald's in Portlaoise

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    There's a kick boxing club down beside mc Donald's in Portlaoise

Thats the one I'm talking about!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

I have looked up THE GYM on facebook, cant find anything, does she do beginner lessons as well? Im new to Portlaoise too by the way..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭roosterman71

So many people looking for friends. Here's another thread. Perhaps there should be a "We met through Boards" do :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057184413

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭lolly28

Sorry to bring up an old thread- but just wanted to see how people got on making friends here?

More importantly how did you get on?

Is your boyfriend interested in soccer or playing a bit of astro turf?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭lolly28

We haven't really met anyone. Both of us are going to start getting involved in our housing estate group. Hes not really into soccer...

Where you living?

Is it just F1 he is into?

Are ye into music?

Advertisement