Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Public Services Card

Options
  • 25-11-2020 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I need a Public Services Card urgently. Due to Covid 19, the phones are not been answered. How do I apply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

hillbloom wrote: »
    I need a Public Services Card urgently. Due to Covid 19, the phones are not been answered. How do I apply.

Where are you based?
    My son got one a couple of weeks ago.Walked into social welfare office and asked for an appointment.Had to wait a week or so then show i.d ,photo taken and card in the post a few dats later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

A card for wasters. Why not look for a job instead? I spent my life paying tax for wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Liamo57 wrote: »
    A card for wasters. Why not look for a job instead? I spent my life paying tax for wasters.

More fool you then.

Not fool me. I had a great life, retired now. Financially i n a good place. 3 kids, great workers all doing well. Our house is a positive one. No wasters here, so no fool me.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

That's not really an answer to the question asked though is it?
    Just nasty and irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I am very upset with Liam057 nasty reply. I never mentioned work either employed or unemployed. I only asked a question. Thanks so much for the other nice comments. as the other boardies know this card can be used for many purposes..renewing driving licence on-line etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CountNjord

Not fool me. I had a great life, retired now. Financially i n a good place. 3 kids, great workers all doing well. Our house is a positive one. No wasters here, so no fool me.

Is this you Liamo ?

https://youtu.be/iYgPznBrjiA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Are you thick? A card for wasters, nice one paddy yeah you're spot on sure.

'social support' is a thing for a reason. I'd hate to see you laid off from a job unable to find work for a few months, or sick with cancer and having to claim illness benefit.

Bet you didn't think that though did ya, you just presume OP is a waster because they need a public service card where as it could be any situation, a pregnant woman on MB, a cancer patient, jesus small minded much!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Well arent you just lovely. I saw this post as I'm currently up feeding my six week old baby whilst on maternity leave. I have one of these "Waster cards" so that I can claim your hard earned tax money, while I'm on my baby vacation....
    I love small minded people like you, it really reaffirms my fate in humanity! You've no idea the OPs circumstances, the card is required for lots of different things as others have stated.

OP, as said previously, head into your local office and ask them, have also found that they are quite fast on email if you find your local office email address.

Best of luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I spent my life paying tax for wasters.
    So it wasnt Ben Dunne who funded Haughey ... it was you, wasn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Shocking attitude, just so your aware, PSC are used for a host of government services, I assume you think they are for people on SW, just an appalling comment to make.

Re the OP's ligitimate question, PSC are processed at Intero centres (you'll need to insure your local one has the service). It's a face to face process and photograph taken and Identification checked long with some details, proof if address etc. An appointment necessary also.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I apologise for my small mindedness. You are all right and I wish you all the very best.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

hillbloom wrote: »
    I am very upset with Liam057 nasty reply. I never mentioned work either employed or unemployed. I only asked a question. Thanks so much for the other nice comments. as the other boardies know this card can be used for many purposes..renewing driving licence on-line etc.

His attitude resembles the attitude of one SW worker I had to deal with when I was signing on. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a former employee himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Well arent you just lovely. I saw this post as I'm currently up feeding my six week old baby whilst on maternity leave. I have one of these "Waster cards" so that I can claim your hard earned tax money, while I'm on my baby vacation....
    I love small minded people like you, it really reaffirms my fate in humanity! You've no idea the OPs circumstances, the card is required for lots of different things as others have stated.

OP, as said previously, head into your local office and ask them, have also found that they are quite fast on email if you find your local office email address.

Best of luck ;)

The OP will also need the long form of a birth certificate. If OP does not have one it can be got from the Registrar of Births etc. It normally costs €20, but if a person has an appointment for a PSc then its only €1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement