Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox one S 1TB - €250 @ Smyths

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bazsutto wrote: »
    Looks like their Black Friday price. I checked this yesterday and it was €300.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/xbox-one/xbox-one-consoles/xbox-one-s-1tb-console/p/191995

You'd be better paying €50 more for the Series S

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

TitianGerm wrote: »

Are they still in stock anywhere?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Are they still in stock anywhere?

There was a few popping up over the last few days looking at posts in the Xbox thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

TitianGerm wrote: »

If it was for myself I’d agree. But getting it for a 7yr olds Christmas present. She wants to play her brother on fortnite.

Can’t see her making use of the extra benefits of the series s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

€199 or less is a more reaslistic price for these consoles.

Far better to stretch for the Series S if possible, you'll get a few more years out of it.

The all-digital model was €99 last year, on Black Friday and several times subsequently. Watch out for a repeat of those deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Looks like their Black Friday price. I checked this yesterday and it was €300.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/xbox-one/xbox-one-consoles/xbox-one-s-1tb-console/p/191995

Terrible price, hope no one went out and bought it because of this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The all-digital model was €99 last year, on Black Friday and several times subsequently. Watch out for a repeat of those deals.

You can be sure if you bought one your kids would only play games that require discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

€250, but the face of disappointment on your child's face Xmas morning will be priceless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

They did a great job naming these consoles. Glancing at the thread title I thought it was new S that was discounted already. I'm sure there'll some Christmas confusion/disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

If it was for myself I’d agree. But getting it for a 7yr olds Christmas present. She wants to play her brother on fortnite.

Getting a 7 year old a dedicated gaming console so they can play Fortnite?

That’s all sorts of wrong.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Agreed

Jaysus, I must be wrong so! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Where was this ?
    Think I may have to get one for my son who is bored in college :D

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

km79 wrote: »
    Where was this ?

Really sorry to go off topic but you guys seem to know your console stuff. Is Google strada or other streaming games as good as an xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

shawki wrote: »
    Terrible price, hope no one went out and bought it because of this post.

so true...I bought the Xbox One X last year with jedi fallen order for €228.
    Buying a One S now for 250? you'd want to be insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Really sorry to go off topic but you guys seem to know your console stuff. Is Google strada or other streaming games as good as an xbox one?

Nope, Stadia games are full price, the deals you get on Xbox games are way better and if you get the game pass, or ultimate pass, it's like owning a full library of games.. would recommend Xbox over stadia any day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Jimson

Mods get rid of this.

Just to be clear this us not the new xbox which retails at 500 euro or the less powerful version at 300.

You would be absoloutly crazy to buy this last gen console for 250.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I bought one for that price and you know something, its still in its box . :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Soarer wrote: »
    Getting a 7 year old a dedicated gaming console so they can play Fortnite?

That’s all sorts of wrong.

Is it any of your business really ?? :eek:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

Zardoz wrote: »

I'll buy it off you :D

km79 wrote: »
    Where was this ?
    MS sold it directly on their (I think) German store, plus a bunch of the European Amazon stores had the same deal. There was thread about it here.

I don't have any info that it'll be repeated, but worth a shot keeping an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Zardoz wrote: »

Get yourself setup with a few years of gamepass ultimate and away you go, one of the best bargains I've ever availed of, not to mention the pandemic!

greenspurs wrote: »
    Is it any of your business really ?? :eek:

Public internet forum?

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

7 years of life more in SeriesS than OneS...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Holding out to see if last years deals will be repeated this year... €99 digital model was a savage deal last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Got one last year for €99 new from MS direct. Already had a controller so it ended up costing me €65 after I sold the new pad.

€250 is not a bargain for this. It's not even a good price. It would be madness to buy this at €250 when the Series S is twice as powerful and will last years longer for €50 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭manutd2007

Soarer wrote: »
    Public internet forum?

Yeah.

it's not, another know it all :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

Look, I'd implore anyone considering buying this to stop and just go and spend the extra €50 on the new series S if you can afford to do so; the One S will soon be entering end of life and if buying for kids especially they're likely more clued in than you think regarding the new devices and will likely be disappointed if it's their Christmas pressie!

However, if you're buying it for yourself and you don't care about any of that knock yourself out I suppose.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    so true...I bought the Xbox One X last year with jedi fallen order for €228.

Where did you get that deal??? :eek:
    unklerosco wrote: »
    Holding out to see if last years deals will be repeated this year... €99 digital model was a savage deal last year.

I think that price reflects the fact that the old One S disc version is still a fairly high end blu-ray 4k player, so some people buy it for that quality alone. Dedicated players aren't much cheaper. The gaming part is a bonus.

Advertisement