Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

jobseeker’s allowance

• 17-11-2020 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi , i was laid off of work , i’ve been off for five weeks but i only applied for jobseeker’s allowance two weeks ago and still haven’t received any payment , i have just started a new job and have to cancel my claim , will i be paid for the five weeks i was off work even if i cancel my claim without even receiving the first payment , i’m only 19 so my rate is 112€

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Davet2001 wrote: »
    hi , i was laid off of work , i’ve been off for five weeks but i only applied for jobseeker’s allowance two weeks ago and still haven’t received any payment , i have just started a new job and have to cancel my claim , will i be paid for the five weeks i was off work even if i cancel my claim without even receiving the first payment , i’m only 19 so my rate is 112€

they have a massive backlog at the moment. I applied at end of September and still haven't got any payment from them

Are you filling out the X and O forms every week and submitting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Hi there. I applied in August. They said they lost the application but I randomly got a letter in the door last week saying here's your payment and I got back paid from August straight into my bank account!

Handy :D but yeah id say there's a massive backlog at the mowith people out of work etc due to covid.

Yes you'll be backdated to the date ur app was received

Advertisement